Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$217
US$632
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$210
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$477
US$456
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Toby's Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$595
US$317
  • Pool
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$543
US$340
  • Pool
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$194
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$964
5,866 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonle jardinierregency restaurantour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubclothing optional beachbutler suitebeach grillwhite night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We were just at Sandals Royal Caribbean a few weeks ago and we had a wonderful time. We booked with GoAwayTravel (Suzy) through Funjet and things were seamless as usual! The resort is a short drive from the airport, but far enough that the noise from the airplanes flying overhead is unobtrusive. We have stayed elsewhere in Jamaica, and it was nice to have such a short transfer to the property, but I wouldn’t let that influence my decision to stay anywhere. That being said, this property was very nice, and I would definitely like to return in the future.

The beach was very nice and they also have a private island that is accessible via a dragon shaped boat ferry that runs continuously throughout the day and into the evening because there is a wonderful Thai restaurant on the private island that is open for dinner. During the day there is a Beach Grill for lunch. I really enjoyed this part of the property. There is a pool with a Jacuzzi and swim up bar, that is also accessible from outside of the pool. When we were there, lots of people gathered at the bar and hung out. It was fun. There is plenty of beach and even a small private clothing optional area that we actually ventured into after a few days and enjoyed as well. We were a little nervous, but after a few Red Stripes and Rum Punches, we made our way over there and got in the ocean. We couldn’t believe we were even nervous about it after a few minutes. They have entertainment on the private island and even some massage cabanas on the beach.

There were areas of the property that were quiet and areas with more activity. The pool right outside our room was nice if we just wanted to relax, and even for some late night plunges. The main pool had the games and water volleyball etc, and we joined in on that fun as well. We do not dive, but there are facilities right on property. And other watersports that you can do right there as well.

The dining was one of the highlights of the trip. We were never bored because there are so many options. My favorite was the Cricketers Pub. An English Pub with excellent fish and chips, among other pub items. The views of the ocean from the Regency Deck were nice at night, and the Le Jardiner was very relaxing and romantic. There are other options as well, but those stand out for me, and the food was always good.

The rooms were very nice with dark mahogany furnishings and the bed was comfortable as well. The bathroom was spacious and we had a sitting area with table that we used for room service. Our room was on the lower floor and the quiet pool with Jacuzzi was within a few steps. That was great. Our fridge was stocked with water, juices and soda and red stripe beer in a bottle. If we ran low, we just called and asked for more of what we needed. One of the other couples that we met said they didn’t drink soda and just asked for extra water, and that wasn’t a problem. The swim up rooms looked incredible as well. I would really like to try that next time!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This location is in need of repair. So man people are "pro Sandals" I would NOT ever go to another Sandals resort. They are over priced, have mediocre food............and their "got yas" are not acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank galofmanycities
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My wife and I were back to the Royal the 1st 2 weeks of May. We've already booked our next trip back next March. SRC is just perfect for us. Cozy, romantic and so friendly. We love the staff. The facilities, beach, pools, island, food & drinks are super too. But the staff really make the resort what it is. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PeteB62
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My Husband and I just returned from the Sandals Royal resort. Once again they did not disappoint. We had bad weather the first day but the staff quickly corrected us and told us that there is not rain in Jamaica only "liquid Sunshine". We stayed in a swim up suite with butler service and I was very pleased. Our butlers were Joshayne and Orlando. Joshayne went above and beyond the call of duty. It wasn't a matter of him responding to our request he made sure he took care of things we wouldn't even think to ask for. Each day he had us poolside chairs reserved by the main pool along with a cooler of drinks. He made sure he took care of our meal reservations. We had couple massages and reserved the Island Cabana for a day. Both of these are a must. They have changed the menu at the Thai restaurant since I was there two years ago so I was a little disappointed. However Joshanyne made us reservations at the Toyko Joe restaurant at the Montego Bay resort and it was great. Even the ladies in the gift shop made us feel right at home and made sure they remembered our names. The "White Night" was awesome - the variety on the buffet and the steel drum band entertainment was great.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ponder72
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel was not as new and modern as I was expecting, but it had beautiful landscaping and was right on the beach. The staff is mostly very friendly, but we did have a few servers that were rude: one spilled a full beer all over my dress and wanted me to pay for the drycleaning of it, and another made my husband feel bad for having allergies to some spices when we went to the Thai place. I loved the fact that it's all inclusive and you can do a variety of water activities and they provide daily activities for guests such as organized volleyball, basket weaving and other "couples" type things. We went on the red dread cruise (a booze cruise) and it was a blasat. I did not like the face that you use an old-fashioned key to get into the hotel room, and the walls were very thin-at night, we could hear the drunks all around. Also, be prepared to have locals swim up to you in the ocean asking if you "like to party", meaning "do you want to buy weed?". We tried to stay away from them by hugging the shore, but sometimes they paddled towards us anyway. My best piece of advice would be to bring bugspray! It's almost $11 in the gift shop and it's a necessity.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple