“Great couple of days!”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had never stayed w/Sandals prior, and I'm happy to say it was a very good trip. We would stay with them again. Rooms & staff were excellent. Loved the Island across the channel, and
the shuttle around the area and other resorts is nice. Food could come up a notch.....

Room Tip: Club Level was nice & Watersports were Fantastic !!! Go Diving ! Thanks Diesel !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mst555
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

We're so thrilled to read of your great stay at Sandals Royal Caribbean. It sounds like your entire stay was such a wonderful experience. Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to forward your review to our General Manager.

We hope to welcome you back for another great stay in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Ok, so I am not a review person. I read them, but almost never write them. I had to make an exception however, because I had such a wonderful wedding experience with about 50 people. My onsite wedding planner, Marcinne was so on top of things. She really left nothing to chance and was extremely detail oriented. This is a prerequisite as they often have up to 5 or 6 weddings per day. During our entire stay we felt that my whole group was treated so well. We had guests who stayed at the Carlyle and were accommodated and everything was perfect from the setting, scenery, food and drink. Ashelle was so lovely and remembered my husband and I, Nigel who I would see on the property was one of the sweetest and happiest employees I've ever met and in the spa Fionia and Sherna were so kind in making me look perfect for the big day... as if we had known each other for years. I highly recommend this resort as it's close to the airport so you can maximize your time on the beach.

Room Tip: We were in a swim up suite (lagoon) and I loved being able to walk right into the water. Rooms above...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elle G

Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy that you had an amazing stay and flawless wedding at Sandals Royal Caribbean. We always strive to offer fun and relaxing experiences to our guests, especially those with destination wedding plans. We want both your special stay and day to be worry-free!

We hope to see you back again for another memorable experience!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Let me preface this review by stating that my wife and I enjoyed our vacation at this resort. Let me break it down into categories:
LOCATION - Only 15 minutes from the airport, which is great.
SERVICE - The staff was very attentive to our needs if, and if we had a request, it was attended to right away. However, we felt that if we ever go back to a Sandals Resort, we would have to have the Concierge Service Level, or the highest level of service - the Butler Service because if you don't have that type of level, you are not taken care of as well. The staff is friendly, but not as friendly as other Caribbean resorts. Thus may be due to the fact that tipping is not permitted, which, in my estimation, is outrageous. The people working there, if they perform a service, should be tipped.
BEACH - tiny beach (width wise) with chairs stacked on next to each other 2" apart. They have a big volley ball court in the middle of the beach where the beach doesn't have trees. This minimizes the amount of chairs that are not under foliage to a minimum.
RESORT - Beautiful resort, and very clean.
ROOM - The room was OK, but unless you upgrade to Concierge Level, the bathroom area was small with only one vanity and the lighting wasn't great when you needed to look in the mirror. The air conditioning was good and the bed was comfortable.
FOOD - The restaurants were very good except for the Tai Restaurant. It was OK, and my wife and I love Asian cuisine, so we know about Tai food. Service in all of the restaurants was very good. The breakfast service was over too early (10:30AM)
NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT - We stayed seven nights, and perhaps being in the entertainment business, I may be too critical, but I only thought three nights displayed quality entertainment. The entertainment started too early and ended too early. If you're into silly "making a fool of yourself entertainment, you'll be happy doing that. I'm not knocking that form of getting the guests involved antics, but I rather have more upscale entertainment that are on a professional level. I was surprised that they never had a Reggae band perform on stage for dancing???
OVERALL - We would probably go back to another Sandals Resort, but not the Royale Caribbean. After reading the Sandals brochure, there are other sandal properties that would probably better meet our needs.

Room Tip: 7200 floor rooms third level have a great view. 7201 has a n OK view of the ocean. Most of the other...
3  Thank Sid M

We always strive to offer amazing vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. We pride ourselves on our well-appointed rooms and exciting entertainment but it seems we did not meet your expectations during your stay, and for that we are truly sorry. We want to ensure that our future guests do not share the same experience. Therefore, your feedback will be sent to our General Manager for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Thank you for your review. We hope that you will afford us a chance to make things right during a future stay with us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica in Montego Bay, well what can I say about this place? For the money, a HUGE disappointment! I have traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean, I have actually traveled to more Caribbean islands then states throughout the US and I have never been more disappointed. I would also like to add, being that my husband and I rarely get “kid free” vacations, I did not allow my disappointments with the resort ruin my trip. I simply brought them to management’s attention, when they chose not to do anything about it; I let it go enjoyed our vacation as much as possible and decided right then and there that I would never visit Sandals again.

This was my 4th trip to the beautiful island of Jamaica. My husband and I decided to splurge a nice $3700 for a 5 night stay in an “ocean view butler suit,” I can assure you that the butler service is great. However, we had (2) butlers, (1) of which were way more attentive then the other, “Damian” took hours to retrieve answers to our “simple” questions while Phillips was really on top of things. Don’t get me wrong, Damian was still great! But some things took him a really long time to do, which was just unnecessary. Simple questions like “Can we eat dinner at 6pm in the Thai restraint? Or can we get an additional 1 hour before check out?” Took hours to get an answers to.

Although our biggest issues has to do with management. Sandals charged us $3700 for an ocean view room (view attached below) when it was a garden view and FLAT OUT REFUSED to adjust the price to the garden view price, insisting I was in the “ocean view” category, when I had a giant tree completely obstructing our view. After continuously asking our butler Damien for answers as to whether or not management was going to adjust the price (this took 3 DAYS) we finally got the answer from Phillip just an hour or so after he had started his shift, that “there was nothing they can do about it.” My husband and I then asked for some sort of compensation…….a spa massage, a candle light dinner…..something since this “error” was costing us and additional $60+ dollars per night, and also putting a damper on our trip since ocean view is something we REALLY enjoy. Then again after waiting an additional day for an answer, management again denied the request.

I am sorry, but I have NEVER EVER left a negative review for any of the 30+ resorts throughout the Caribbean that I have traveled too. I will never go back to a sandals…which is sad, because we were planning on visiting Sandals Antigua in the Spring before we had this bad experience.

The only good thing about this place is the young bar staff, cooks and servers….VERY hospitable!! Wish I can say the same about management.

5  Thank Christa L

It is disappointing to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit. We always strive to fulfill the needs of all our guests. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced.

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been passed on to our General Manager on resort, for immediate evaluation and action as needed. We hope to be in touch with you regarding these matters soon to make things right for both you and our future guests.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I vacationed last week - November 3, 2013. We've been to about 10 all inclusive, all in the Caribbean. The staff at Sandals was the best. The food was good. We felt their were not enough restaurants on this property but we could have went to another sandals property to eat, which was also included, along with transportation. We met great people. They had all top shelf liquor. I WOULD TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS RESORT!

1  Thank Lisa P

Thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Caribbean. Looks like you surely had an incredible stay with us! Our entire team will be glad to hear your kind comments. We always want to showcase the true high standard of our brand.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stay number 7 and great as usual. Wonderful staff and management make every stay wonderful. Okley, Nicola, Edris, Tashawn, Mr Grant and all the rest keep us coming back. Booked again in October 2014. The new chef is fantastic, we were treated to Cali rolls which are one of my favourites. The French was excellent as was the Thai. Enjoyed spending time with friends and we are looking forward to returnibg

Room Tip: Any room is great, we like the Kensington
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pepper52

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you had another amazing stay at Sandal Royal Caribbean. Mr. Grant and his team will be so proud to hear your kind comments.

We look forward to hosting you again in October next year!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just returned from our 5th stay in 4.5 years and would have to rate it as one of the best vacations we have ever had. My wife and I were celebrating our 23 Anniversary with her sister & brother-in-law. They now understand why we want to keep returning and plan to come back next year.
The food was delicious and well presented, served by an attentive and very friendly staff. We did not have a bad meal in the 10 nights we were there. Ricardo did a great job at the cook to order station for breakfast and lunch at The Regency. We had 2 excellent dinners at Le Jardinier and luckily the second time it was in the courtyard. Andre stood out among all the great wait staff S.R.C..
Yvonne from house keeping did a wonderful job taking care of our room and anything we needed.
The bartenders including Cleveland, Verna and Albert were always friendly no matter how busy they are.
From the photo shop Kemar, Chad and Levor did an excellent job of getting pictures that you want to keep. Kemar is pretty good with a pool cue as well, thanks for the game.
Ladon/Chiko did an amazing job filling in for Ginger as Entertainment Manager. Even with Hollywood away and Theo gone as well Chiko and the rest of the crew - Bambie, Storm, Queenie, Tiffany, Kermit and Oliver Twist never missed a beat. You would have thought they had been working together for years.
Other standouts are Terrance and Valentie at water sports and Tashawn from the Soon Come Back desk.
As beautiful a resort it is with great food & drink and numerous activities the main reason we keep coming back is beautiful people who work at The S.R.C..

1  Thank SandalsSpielberg

Thank you so much for your review. We're so pleased to read that you had another exceptional stay with us at Sandals Royal Caribbean. It means a lot to hear positive feedback from our return guests and sounds like you truly had an amazing experience, especially thanks to our wonderful staff!

We can't wait to welcome you back in 2014!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montego Bay