We recently got back from an excellent fortnight at SRC. The resort was beautiful, friendly and comfortable. We were able to fully relax thanks to excellent service from all the staff who cater to your every need.
After reading previous reviews, we upgraded to the Beach Front Butler Suite and are generally glad we did. Our butlers were brilliant and extremely attentive (even for two British people who found the whole Butler thing a little awkward initially, we still enjoyed it!) Furthermore, you get a few perks with the Butler Suite that other guests do not - fully stocked drinks cabinet with liquors and spirits, and a fridge full of fizzy wine and other wines that was constantly replenished. You also get free Wifi, which compared to paying $60 for one week, is great.
The only let down, I feel, was the standard of the accommodation. Considering the considerable amount you pay for the Butler Suites, our room really needed repairing and re-painting. Our air conditioning unit leaked constantly, which felt like Chinese water torture at times thanks to the constant dripping sound. It meant that a stream of water also ran down our wall, which was moldy and damp. The water spread across the floor so we had to have a towel down constantly after slipping on it numerous times -which was pretty dangerous! Above us, were yellow damp stains across the entire ceilings from the room above, which was obviously also leaking.
I don't think Sandals should be charging such a price for a room in that condition and we felt a little duped. I would warn people against paying such a price for mediocre accommodation.
We also had a problem with cockroaches and unfortunately I found one 'feeding' off my toothbrush and retainer one two occasions. That was pretty disgusting.
Aside from that, it was a great trip and this is a beautiful resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean