Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$217
US$632
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$210
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$477
US$456
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Toby's Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$595
US$317
  • Pool
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$543
US$340
  • Pool
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$194
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$964
5,866 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonle jardinierregency restaurantour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubclothing optional beachbutler suitebeach grillwhite night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

St. Lucia is much nicer than this one, just based on the sprawling property alone. However, for what you pay for... this place is incredible! Be ready for banquet prepared food and drinks. Other than that, we loved this Sandals!! Ask for an upgrade if you've been to a Sandals before and they usually oblige :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy A
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad to see that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We always want to ensure that all of your needs are met and it seems the staff at Sandals Royal Caribbean did just that!

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to paradise in the future!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We returned from our stay at SRC about a month ago so I am a little late with my review. Part of the problem was trying to figure out what to say. After wrestling with that for awhile I decided to say not much.

It was our 7th trip to Sandals, but our first to SRC in 8 years. The resort has had a lot of physical changes in that time, but one thing remained constant: The OUTSTANDING service. I will let everybody else expound on the virtues and the food and the drinks and everything else. We wanted to try other Sandals and always enjoyed the other locations. However, this will always be our "home".

If you want an intimate resort with excellent service this is it. I know you will also see negative reviews, but some people whine about the least little thing. Go here and have fun. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1fatrat2

Thank you so much for your kind review of Sandals Royal Caribbean! I'm glad you had such a fantastic holiday and that we were able to share that experience with you. We always strive for excellence and we're thrilled to see that your stay was nothing short of stellar.

We can't wait to have you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Overall loved this vaca. Stayed over new year’s with my wife and another couple. The resort was at capacity. My wife and I were Sandals and Jamaica first-timers. Somewhat small/compact resort but well-designed, good use of space & never felt crowded. Nice that you’re never far from your room.

Food/Water
Good quality and variety of food. There are nine different places that serve food, including five that serve dinner, and two where you can/should make dinner reservations. We booked a couple days in advance and don’t mind eating later, and were able to get reservations. Food safety – I had minor issues on the last day but no one else was affected. We drank tap water all week with no issues.

Staff
Outstanding. Very friendly, professional, service-minded, knowledgeable and helpful. Love the Jamaica ‘tude. A+

Room
We booked the least expensive room and I was a little disappointed. Basic & dated décor. Given how little time we spent in the room, it was no big deal. Couldn’t get hot water the first day; once we called the front desk it was promptly resolved. Big comfortable bed. When we arrived the fridge was stocked w/juice, pop & beer – nice touch. Cable TV with lots of US/Canada channels. Good AC. Our friends checked into their room to find the AC was not working and the roof was leaking. They were quickly re-located and had no issues with their new room.

Activities
Dive shop: Separate boats daily for scuba & snorkel. Availability was no problem (book it a day in advance). Scuba – nice big boats. Got certified & dove for first time, my instructor (Diesel) was excellent, professional. Other water sports available but didn’t take part. New Years Eve: impressive party, good music/dancing, staff was very festive. In general, lively at night.

Bars – never had to go far for a drink. Good staff.

Pools
There was some "poolside entertainment" (i.e, staff member w/microphone) at main pool a couple times a day. Got a bit annoying if you’re trying to relax & read a book. However there are other “quiet” pools at the resort. Swim up bar at main pool and at island pool. Island pool is quite small but cool setting.

Beach
We did the island a few days – there are 2 very small beaches there. The island itself is small but they make good use of the space. The resort & island are on a calm bay with turquoise water. A shuttle boat runs frequently so even on the island you’re never “far” from your room.

Other
Nice airport Sandals lounge w/beer tap. Only had to wait 10 mins for a shuttle. Then 10-15 mins to the resort including one stop. Be prepared to tip the red hats (they are not sandals employees). The day we left there was an airport shuttle every 30 mins. Proximity to airport is very nice, although you do have a fair number of loud airplanes overhead during the day. A non-issue in my book, kind of a spectacle. Very few planes at night & didn't hear any overnight. Happy we were not at the Sandals located on airport perimeter. Internet – had to use their tech support line one day, they fixed me right away. Otherwise all good & speed was fine. Bugs – apparently there were some tiny biters and a few mosquitos flying around. Got my wife but never bothered me.
Overall great experience; of 6 caribbean trips this has been my fave.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank mdr838
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great resort..very clean property and fantastic rooms. The service is exceptional by all of the staff. We had the butler service and both our butlers were very helpfull but not obtrusive. The restaurants were all outside which is fantastic with good food. There were 5 different pools with a very clean beach. We found the pools to be small but they are in keeping with the size of the resort which has 180 rooms. If the main pool had a water volleyball game going on, there was no room for other people to swim. There was only one swim up bar but the other pools had good service for drinks,The beach was also small but again in keeping with the size of the resort. We did not have to get up early to get chairs around the pools or the beach. Our experience was very good. We love larger resorts but would not hesitate to return to this resort. They look after little things such us having 2 Canadian satilite stations for uis Canadians. The Sandals lounge at the airport is also very nice with fast and great transportation from the airport. There was nothing negative about this resort except that we perfer a little larger resort..more people.

Room Tip: we had the swim up/butler suites...very very nice..quiet and right beside a nice pool with lush gardens.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Theo B
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My fiance and I went here to ring in 2014! We definitely had a very enjoyable experience. I was nervous about how our room would be after reading reviews on here but I found it to be very nice. We stayed in a crystal lagoon with butler room. However, I would say we found the temperature in the room to never go below 76 degrees despite leaving the AC on 60 at all times. Keep this in mind if a warm room would bother you. We found the food at the Thai restaurant and French restaurant to be very good. Other food at the regency we thought was just average. They constantly serve you snacks and bring you drinks. I would not recommend this resort for someone trying to stick to a diet. Also if you do not drink alcohol at all or are uncomfortable around a lot of drinking this is not the resort for you. They constantly bring you alcohol all day long. I found it often harder to get diet coke than alcohol. Overall though we enjoyed our stay and found it a great choice for a couple looking to enjoy sun and fun in January!! One other tip is to bring bug spray! We are used to this as generally the norm for all Caribbean islands but definitely do not leave home without bug spray!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple