Oct 2013 was our fifth trip back to Sandals Royal Caribbean. We fell in love with SRC in 2004 when we got married there. This trip, we booked the Crystal Lagoon Swim-Up ground floor. Upon arrival at the resort, we were a bit delayed in our check-in. I do not know why there was a delay but it was not that big of a deal to us. Once checked in, we met our Butlers Sherry-Ann and Danae. This was our first trip using the butler service and we did not regret it! Combined with the newer rooms along the lagoon and our butlers, this trip was epic. I do have to mention that the AC in our room was not able to keep up with the humidity. After a complain, they moved us a couple of rooms over... problem solved! The resort is very clean for the most part although our pool at the lagoon was closed for one night due to treatments being performed on it. The water was a bit cloudy. thus the treatment. I must say that the staff makes this resort. I do not know of a place that when you leave, you actually miss them!!! All of the playmakers are wonderful. The food for the most part was good to very good. There was one situation that really annoyed me. One of the staff that I have known for years was almost fired for accepting a beer from me. The nasty thing about this is one of the guests "ratted" on him with photographic evidence and he was suspended. I have no clue why some idiot from the UK would concern themself with a dicreete beer from me but whatever. After demanding Sandals reinstate him, the resort relented. I had to threaten the hotel management that I would not return if they did not reinstate him. Having spent over 60K in ten years there, I guess it held some weight! A tip to guests.. do not offer alcohol to staff EVER. They will be fired (what Jamaicans called sacked). If Sandals had not of done what they did they would have lost a loyal traveler. I highly suggest you try SRC. Going back in 30 days (May 2014).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean