Staff: Service and staff were great all around. Especially helpful and friendly were Oakley, Matthew, Francina, and Jodian.
Grounds: very attractive, nice landscaping, well kept.
Room: For a club level room I thought it would be nicer. It was good size with a very nice bathroom, but not the view I was expecting for beachfront. My only other complaints would be that my back did not agree with the mattress and Wi-Fi did not work well in our room (worked ok in other places and on the beach even).
Cleanliness: Excellent, no issues.
Food/drinks: Breakfast and lunches were excellent. Huge variety at breakfast and great sandwiches and pizza for lunch. Drinks were great and bartenders were very good about special requests. Dinner was hit or miss. Royal Thai and Regency were good. Filet Mignon at Le Jardinier was awful. We are not too big on Beringer wine and if you want to pay for something better the wine list is extremely limited.
Beach: Generally pretty (sand quality not great) but if you like to walk it is very small which you don't realize from the pictures. No snorkeling at all off the beach. Limited beach umbrellas meant if you were not on the beach early in the morning you were not getting one. Not sure if this is the norm but it was extremely windy just about the entire week we were there.
Activities: Snorkel trip was great. Due to the wind they would not let you take out the Hobie Cats on your own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean