Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$488
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$535
US$517
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$221
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$258
  • Pool
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$336
  • Pool
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$267
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$577
US$532
Priceline
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,666
Hotelpower.com
5,910 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonle jardinierregency restaurantour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubclothing optional beachbutler suitebeach grillwhite night
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The swimming area was also small and shallow. We had a butler but he had no time to help us with unpacking the night we arrived.. We didn't receive a cell phone to contact him until later the next day. We were locked out of our room 4 times until they finally changed the lock. Our room was at the far end of the resort so going back and forth to the front desk was a pain. Waiting for the butler to let us in was nothing but a time waster, 1/2 hour which could be better spent at the pool. Staff were wonderful lot's of fun. Food was very good in all the restaurants. I would not go back as I look forward to a large beach when I am on vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pegclegg
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have never wrote a review for a resort, but I felt compelled to this time. I just returned yesterday from 7 nights at the Royal Carribean. BEST….RESORT….EVER! Please, if you are hesitating on booking this place, DON'T!
FOOD
AWESOME, ate at Royal Thai, The Regency (buffet), Le Jardinier, The Pub, The bamboo shack, The Mariner, Pizzeria and La Cucina at the montage bay resort. NEVER HAD A BAD OR SLOW MEAL, THE BEST!
POOLS
they had both a main pool for more social time, and two quieter pools. I have read that people complain about there not being enough towels during the day, get up and get one before breakfast, it's that simple.
BEACH
Yes, as you have read, if you are a beach person, this resort is not for you. Small beach but perfect for my liking.
PRIVATE ISLAND
This is what makes the resort (as well as the entertainment staff). I cannot tell you how amazing it is. beach, pool, bar, food. Snorkeling is not the greatest for those who like to snorkel, but you can go out daily for snorkelling tours (we went twice, not an overabundance of fish, but good)
WATERSPORTS
good
ENTERTAINMENT
What can I say about these employees. AWESOME!!!! They really made the trip. This group of people are the BEST I have ever came across at a resort. Kermit, Queeny, Chiko, Hollywood….wish I could remember everyone's name!!!! Devon from the bar, Kevin from the pub, Valentin from the snorkelling tours……So, So many …..I never did come across an employee that didn't go out of their way to make our trip memorable. THE MOST AMAZING STAFF I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!!

And if you read about people complaining about the noise from the planes going overhead….Don't listen to them. Really….you are in the carribean…most of the time I didn't even notice I was having so much fun….Not a factor at this resort.

The only negative thing I have to say is how hard it is not to give these employees tips. They work so hard for what they do. But, on the other hand, it was nice not having people expect it.

If you are looking at booking this resort …….DO IT!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jody s
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife planned our honeymoon to Jamaica and we stayed at the Sandals Royal Caribbean and were pleased beyond measure. Our Royal Butlers for our stay were Tajae and Danae. They made our stay memorable with their professionalism and charm.

Their assistance throughout our honeymoon far exceeded their occupational standards. They did it with ease and a loving nature. Felt like family.

God Bless their Kind Souls!

Mr. and Mrs. Kim and Don Graves

Room Tip: The partial ocean view with private patio is the room to enjoy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Caribbean. We're happy that you had a beautiful and relaxing honeymoon at our resort. It's great that Tajae and Danae made an excellent impression on you during your stay!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future for another great stay!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a great time actually everything that we thought was lost in our relationship only needed the right place to rekindle it all beautiful place and good food and romantic setting. Never a dull moment ever night was a wonderful experience this place brought tears to my eyes...the beach was breath taking and the staff was very polite, well mannered and friendly at your request. One thing for sure never was I in need of a drink they kept it flowing. ...lol We can't wait to return I wouldn't change anything wonderful experience I've been to Jamaica over 17 times n this trip was trip to Sandals was the best I cried when it was time to leave. ...........

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank pjames0320

Thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Caribbean. We're so happy to read that you had such an outstanding vacation with us. We always strive to go above and beyond to please our guests and I'm glad we were able to meet that goal during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have to start by saying we have been to Jamaica 4 times and we love it. We have always stayed at Sandals and first time to Royal Caribbean. I have to say we had a great vacation. Having been to Sandals Negril,Sandals Royal Planation(my favourite) and Sandals Montego Bay it is hard not to make make comparisons. I must say that we loved the food,drinks and the private island. We had a nice room with a big balcony and an ocean view. The beach party was great and so was the barbeque. The lunch on the island was to die for. The only disappointment with regards to food was the welcome back dinner. I would have thought it would be great. The presentation was good but so little food really. One shrimp,one lamb chop. Everyone I spoke to was still hungry. Some went to the Regency to eat Afterwards,myself I went to the Mariners. And no I am not a big eater. I just expected steak and, lobster or at least bigger portions.
The things that weren't so good was the service. One day on the main beach no one came around to take a drink order for 2 hours. We ate at the french restaurant and the service was exceptional,but one night we ate at the Regency and it took three hours for a three course meal.Don't get me wrong,I don't want to rush but that's too long.
I personally don't think the staff should be at fault,but management. I think it is each managers responsibility go make sure the staff is trained and doing there job. We almost thought maybe this is a training resort. The service definitely lacks compared to the other sandals we have stayed at especially Royal Plantation.
As well the cleanliness could have been better. We went to the island one day and upon returning the next day the same beer bottles and plates were still not cleaned up. So again who is responsible, management should be over seeing this.And please fix the espresso machines it was not working most of the time.
Overall a great vacation but don't know if I would return to this property only because of the service which I think is very important and is what guests remember the most. It's what makes a place that people recommend to friends and family and what makes them want to come back . I still talk about the Royal Plantation because not because of the beach or food of drinks but the amazing service. I think the Sandals brand needs to be consistent. Every resort should have the same great, friendly, consistent service.

2  Thank Gabys1963

We're glad that you had an enjoyable stay, overall, but we strive to meet our goal of providing stellar experiences for our guests. Therefore, we regret to hear that we did not quite meet your expectations for service and quality.

After reading your comments, it is clear there is improvement to be made. Your feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review. Your comments will be sent to our management team for review and action will be taken to ensure our future guests do not share this experience.

Hopefully, we can resolve these matters and welcome you back for a much better vacation in the future.