My husband and I spent an amazing 6 nights at Sandals Royal Caribbean (Jamaica), April 14-20! We read all the reviews and were not disappointed... we felt like we were in paradise! This was our second stay at an all inclusive, and we WILL return to a Sandals' property for our next vacation. Many positives: (1) We loved the private island-- it was like we were on Gilligan's Island, except the water was prettier:) The Royal Thai restaurant was wonderful and we spent every day on the island beach. We found the island to be laid-back, peaceful, and absolutely beautiful! There was natural shade under the trees; and if one so desired, a cabana could be rented for a half or full day. Another bonus (for me), the boat takes you back and forth as needed. The Bamboo Shack was fantastic for lunch-- the BEST jerk chicken, fresh seafood, fresh Jamaican cuisine, and the view... all EXCELLENT... I still miss my lunches at the Bamboo Shack! A special "shout out" to Jevaun, our wonderful bartender on the island-- "Bud Boy and Princess" say "hello" and keep being hilarious! (2) The food everywhere was fantastic! Le Jardinier was our favorite place for dinner-- make reservations the day you arrive-- the service and food were superb! The Regency was great for breakfast, lunch and dinner-- beautiful view of the water, great service, good food, what else could you ask for? We wish we had a Cricketers Pub near our home in the States!! Loved the fish and chips, wedge salad, drinks and friendly bartenders! "Hot Rod"-- follow your dreams, you are doing a great job:) -- Sandals is lucky to have you! "Big Bird"-- you are very personable, friendly, and a great mentor for new Sandals' employees-- Sandals is lucky to have you, too! (3) The SRC grounds and beaches are beautifully maintained, as others have mentioned. Throughout the day and evening, grounds-keepers could be seen raking/cleaning the beaches, trimming shrubs, trees, grass, and cleaning the grounds-- with a smile and a "hello!" (4) Club Sandals-- we stayed in the Kensington building, second floor: Great view, comfortable bed, quiet (except for the early morning peacocks;), included wifi, fully stocked bar, and additional amenities we did not utilize... Dezreen-- thank you for your personal welcome upon arrival:) (5) Weather/ water temperatures-- absolutely fabulous when we were there!! Constant breeze, 85 degree Fahrenheit air temp, warm water (not sure what temp), constant sunshine on most days. We had one late night rain shower, and one afternoon downpour-- "No worries, Mon!" (6) Club MoBay (this is not included with Club Sandals)-- SPEND the extra money! What a great arrival and departure in/out of MJB airport-- we moved swiftly through immigration upon arrival and enjoyed a relaxing wait during our departure:) (7) Last, but not least, everyone at SRC, including management and all staff, was welcoming and friendly! We also met other vacationing couples with whom we enjoyed meeting and talking:)... Many of the couples we met were returning guests to SRC and/or had visited other Sandals' properties-- a great testimony to Sandals! "Hello" to our friends from Dixon, Illinois-- hope to hear from you!
Negatives: None worth mentioning!
My husband and I plan to return to Sandals Royal Caribbean or visit Sandals Emerald Bay on our next vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Destinology, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean