My husband and I chose SRC to extend our stay in Jamaica following our friends fabulous wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs (see my other review). As for SRC we booked the penthouse butler room. Our butlers were nice enough but really not necessary except to jack up the price of the room. The room itself and the resort were beautiful and well maintained. The food was good, thought both my husband and I contracted "montezuma's revenge" it started shortly after we arrived at SRC and continued until a couple of days after we returned home. Ok so these things happen...we tried a few times to see the on-site nurse as was suggested, however we could never seem to find the nurse's station open, even with the staffed hours clearly posted. The thing that ruined our stay was the inordinate number of cats that seemed to invade the resort at nightfall. The cats were everywhere, including in the restaurants...in fact our first night a cat strutted right up to our table, sat down and waited to be fed. Which it was...by the lady at the next table. SRC employees pretty much said there's nothing they can do about the cats. I think they could start by instructing guest not to pet or feed the feral cats. I'm not sure where the cats went during the day...but I did not see one during daylight hours...but at night whoa!...they were everywhere... jumping out of the foliage, in the eating establishments, running along the footpaths. My husband thinks they are there to keep the rats under control...who knows...I just know I will not be returning to SRC, and will probably take the Sandals brand off my list for future stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean