This was our first time at a Sandals resort. We went to the Royal Caribbean for our anniversary. We love to scuba dive and with scuba diving being included, it made Sandals very competitive with other resorts where you had to pay for your diving as well as meals and drinks. Sandals Royal Caribbean has a very nice Newton dive boat and a professional crew. They also provide instruction and PADI diver certification at an extra cost. My wife and I took advantage of this and received our "Advanced Open Water" certification while we were there. We completed the PADI eLearning prior to our arrival.
We were pampered from the start. When we reached the Sandals lounge at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay they took care of our luggage (including scuba gear), loaded us in a car and whisked us to the resort. We were brought to a special lounge where we checked in. Our butler then arrived at the lounge to give us a quick tour of the resort while our luggage was brought to our suite and gave us a cell phone to call if we needed anything at all. While we grabbed a bite to eat while our butler unpacked our luggage, neatly storing it in the drawers, closet and prepared for our suite arrival with champaign and or devours.
We chose the Walkout Swim up Crystal Lagoon Honeymoon Butler Suite for our accommodations. It was a beautiful suite with a patio in front where you could step into a small fresh water swimming lagoon that ran along the suites. We loved relaxing on our patio enjoying the great weather after a morning of diving. We also enjoyed a light breakfast on the patio each morning before we started our day. After lunch we would coordinate our dinner preferences with our butler and enjoy our time before dinner at the pool, beach, or lounges around the resort. Our butler would meet us at our suite and escort us to dinner each night. The food was excellent. We especially liked Le Jardinier and The Royal Thai restaurants. We really like Indian food and for our last evening, our butler coordinated transportation to a great local Indian restaurant (a separate review). Our butlers were outstanding providing us with more than we could asked for. On our departure they repacked our luggage and had it brought to the front of the resort.
Overall the Sandals Royal Caribbean is a great resort. A true heartfelt thank you to our butlers, Danae and Sherry-Ann, our dive instructor Brian, the boat crew and so many others who made our anniversary a truly memorable experience. We will definitely return and try other Sandals resorts as a result of our stay at Royal Caribbean Montego Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean