Instead of buying each other gifts, we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary by booking a Sandals vacation through AAA. We stayed at the smaller Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica. (Not to be confused with the larger Montego Bay Resort) Now I've seen the TV commercials and looked through the colorful brochures and wondered if the scenery was really like what Sandals advertised. I am here to tell you all that it is EXACTLY like what you see on TV and read in the brochures. We were both impressed by the resort in terms of the staff, food, service, and the beach was absolutely beautiful! As soon as you go through customs at the airport, there is a Sandals rep to take care of you from there. We paid extra for the beach front, ground floor room in the Windsor building. It was convenient to the water sport area, the beach of course, restaurants, bars and the cool thing about staying at this particular resort is access to Cay Island, a small private island right across the beach from the resort. You can hang out there if you want more privacy, as it has its own Thai restaurant, Bamboo Shack lunch buffet, pool with swim up bar, lounge chairs and a clothing optional beach on the backside of the island if that's your thing. It cost more than a cruise but it was worth it. Our room had a fully stocked bar with alcohol, beer, soft drinks and bottled water, truly all inclusive. We chose this resort because the beach area is small, more intimate, but you also have the Cay Island beach as well. They will bus you to the nearby Montego Bay and other resort if you want a change of pace. We stayed 6 nights total. Well worth the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean