Check-In: We arrived prior to the 3 pm check in for a 5 night stay and our room was not available yet. We grabbed lunch at The Mariner Seaside Grill. As soon as our room became available we were escorted to our room. The only thing is our luggage did not arrive until an hour later and I had to call the front desk to have our luggage delivered.
Dining: The Bamboo Shack on the offshore island for lunch was great. The food at The Royal Thai was delicious and the service was fast. The Regency was great for breakfast and dinner. Eleanor's was also very good but is outdoors. Please bring your Off or insect repellant the mosquitoes are pretty bad.
Activities: The offshore private island is so calm and serene. There is a spa, swim up bar and beach. We enjoyed a lovely couple massage on the offshore island which is located in a hut facing the Caribbean Sea. You can feel the wind on your skin and hear the waves and wind blowing as you enjoy your full body massage. It was the most amazing feeling ever. We also visited Sandals Carlyle but there is really nothing to see there so we immediately returned to the bus. Next, we hung out at Sandals Montego Bay, which has a better beach and more water activities including tubing and the glass bottom boat tour. We also did the Candlelight Dinner on the beach and it was amazing but beware of the cats. If you have seafood as one of your entrees be prepared for a visit from 3 - 4 cats. The workout routines in the a.m. were also very good and made you feel less guilty about eating so much during your stay.
Property: There is a parrot on the private offshore island and 2 peacocks that seem to be guarding the property. There is lots of wild life on the well manicured property. You can also hear the planes as many people have stated in reviews but it is not a big deal.
Staff: Valecia in Sales in amazing you went out of her way to make our reservations for The Royal Tie and Le Jardinier. Robin provided an excellent power walk, flexibility session and workout sessions during our stay. Will, our photographer, took amazing shots of us in the water. It was fun and sexy. Friends love the shots he took of us.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Great food and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag and Destinology so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean