“fanatastic 6 days”

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
nottingham
“fanatastic 6 days”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is our third trip to sandals and our second to Royal Caribbean from the moment you arrive here the staff are so attentive and it is genuine
The food is excellent in all the restaurants and along with fantastic staff it makes for a brilliant holiday

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent either on the beach or besides your own pool
5 Thank coto22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,433)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I are frequent Sandals guests. We have been to Sandals multiple times and just returned from our 4th time at Sandals Royal Caribbean. This is one of our favorite Sandals Resorts, mainly because of the employees here. We have always booked concierge rooms, however, this was only our second time with a butler room. My advice on butler service is make sure you tell your butler's what you want and what you expect. If you aren't up front with them, they do not know what your likes and dislikes are. Our butlers were Andre and Ellis, they were awesome! Our beach front walkout butler suite was beautiful and peaceful, the best room in the resort, in our opinion.
A few of our favorite employees who really went out of their way to make our trip memorable are Kishauna (a trainee), Odane and Sherifa at Mariners Grill on the beach. They took great care of us and were all very personable and friendly. Garfield at the Regency and The Pub is one of our favorite employees there. We look forward to seeing him year after year and love his crazy laugh.
The employees in the watersports area are wonderful. We had dinner with the manager Munroe at the Welcome Back Dinner and I made sure to pass the names of Velentie and Tremaine on to him. They are two of the friendliest guys there and Velentie took my husband and I on a great Hobie Cat ride. We really appreciate all they did for us!
This is a great luxurious resort with a small quaint feel to it. We return here every June and go to Sandals Negril every February. We have tried several different Sandals locations, but keep returning to these two due to the employees making it so warm and enjoyable.

7 Thank Mavsgirl2
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

To start, I would like to give a big thanks and shout out to Ruth DeMuth from Trip Guy Travel. She booked our trip and excursion and helped us through all of it. We had to make airline changes and she was always quick to return a phone call or email and there whenever we needed her. Highly recommend her!!! This was our first trip to an all-inclusive resort and we are a 29 year old couple.

We arrived on a Tuesday and the Customs and Immigration lines were short and quick. Make sure to fill out the Customs form they give you on the plane before you land. It saved us a lot of time and headaches. A few minutes after we walked into the Sandal Airport Lounge we were approached by a driver from Island Routes, and he said he would be giving us a complimentary VIP transfer to show us what they were all about. The private transfer was definitely a lot nicer than the bus transfer out.

We had no issues checking in at the Club Sandals Lounge and it went fairly quickly. Although when we checked in they asked about our anniversary and we told them it was the next day and even wrote it down on a sheet, but they delivered an anniversary dessert platter and note that night. It wasn't a big deal, just a little weird since it wasn't until the next day.

The room was even better than expected (Kensington Building, 4208 corner room) and it was kept very clean. The fridge was stocked daily, with the exception for one day, which happened to be when we were out of water and needed it the most. We did the breakfast room service about half the time and really enjoyed it. They were always on time.

The resort was even more beautiful than the pictures. It was kept very clean and I did not find the peacocks, cats, or noisy bugs to be a nuisance as some people say they are. On Monday they did begin demolishing the Balmoral Building, which was on our walk to our room, but it did not disturb our stay at all. **There was no sign of work starting on the OTW Bungalows. We never left our room before 8:30 and loungers were always available on the beach or poolside. Most of the best location loungers were already reserved by Butlers but we still were able to find some under shade on the Main Beach. The resort was not as crowded/busy as I expected. The pools and hot tubs were kept clean and were usually empty or had just about the right amount of people in them.

Some of the entertainment was cheezy, but we had fun with it and made the most of it by interacting with the entertainment crew. They were not aggressive in trying to get anyone to participate and did not feel obligated to do anything we did not want to. We really enjoyed the beach party, beach volleyball, t-shirt tie-dye, and DJ.

We spent most of our time snorkeling along the beach when not eating/drinking. The snorkeling off the C/O beach was by far the best. There were lionfish, pufferfish, and stingrays. There were usually several couples on the beach and it was nice and quiet. There were younger couples as well as older couples. Women were mostly nude and men were half/half. Remember to grab several towels before you hop on the shuttle boat because the towels were always out by the time we got over there.

The food was very good at all of the restaurants. Our favorite was probably Eleanor's or Tokyo Joe's at Montego Bay. And of course, I really loved the pizza. When we ate at Le Jardinier it took 2 hours to get through our meal which seemed way to long compared to the other places. The only time the entire trip that i was disappointed/frustrated.

The staff was great for the most part. Especially Kermit, Chiko, Big Bird, and Roderick over at Cricketer's!!!! I can't remember the name of the DJ, but he was really good also. They were the best by far! The scuba staff was friendly, but were hard to understand and seemed irritated when you asked them to repeat something or asked a question. We had no issues with anyone else.

We took an excursion to the Blue Hole on Sunday. The Blue Hole was the most beautiful site I have ever seen in my life. Their were only about 20 people there and they had lifeguards/tour guides to help you. One guide took just my wife and I through all the falls, pools, and cliff jumps and also took dozens of photos for us. I was glad we chose that site over Dunn's River Falls.

We hopped over to SMB twice, once just to sight see and the other to eat at Tokyo Joe's. The beach was alot nicer with the smooth sand and length, but it also made me appreciate having everything close at SRC. I don't think SMB lives up to it's younger/partying resort reputation like people say though. The place was dead when we were there and it seemed that everybody was coming over to SRC to party. I was also not impressed by the cleanliness of the resort/bar areas compared to SRC. I don't think that I would stay at SMB, especially with the airplanes. They were noticeable at SRC, but did not bother me near as much as they did at SMB.

4 Thank k300h
Maine
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I had a great couple massage on the private island while staying at SRC. It was amazing. Keron and Alicia did the massages and I cannot say enough about them. It was the most relaxing massage I have ever had with the wind and the sound of the waves. Fantastic!

1 Thank sswain
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed at this resort. I am giving them 2 stars because of my room. We booked a swim up butler suit and the pool could not been seen from our room. I tried to sort it out at the resort with the butler manager Tamara but she blew me off. I emailed corporate and was given a response a few days later from the hotel manager that said I was put in a swim up suite. I sent him the picture asking how that was a swim up suite and have yet to hear back. The pictures online do not match the room I recieved. It upsets me as I paid over 5k just for the room. I will say the staff at this resort is amazing and my personal butlers Danae and Dwayne were great. The wedding planner Annalicia was super pleasant and great to work with too. Nicola and Dom at the bar were the best bartenders ever! I really wish the upper managment would own up to giving us a down graded room/ acknowlege they falsely advertise what their rooms really have to offer.

Room Tip: DO NOT spend the extra money on what they call a swim up butler suite. The pictures online do not ma...
8 Thank Julie B
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello Julie,
Thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Caribbean. We are happy that overall you enjoyed your time with our wonderful staff and had a fantastic Wedding day. Still, we did note that the room assignment confusion lessened your enjoyment of this very special trip and that you left with a less than stellar impression of our resort. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and we are sorry to hear that despite the best efforts of our staff to remedy the situation, you returned home dissatisfied. Please feel free to speak with one of our Customer Care specialists at 1-888-SANDALS to discuss any concern you may have regarding your Weddingmoon experience, they will be happy to assist.
Thank you once again for all of your feedback.
wellsboro
Reviewed 18 June 2014

beautiful resort great service, fantastic wedding for my daughter. we had a great time, lots to do fine restaurants, very nice flora and fauna. very nice. cats here and there begging don't know why, mosquitos one security person called them sharks because they bite so hard. the wedding was well planned, worked well, they took care of everything very very nice, highly recommended all inclusive food, water sports, drinks, catamaran was wow!

Room Tip: all rooms great many different choices
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pat j
Barrington, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

SRCR was absolutely wonderful. A perfect combination of relaxation and activities. Do it all or sit back watch and enjoy. From check in to check out our experience could not have been better. From the beautiful white sand and blue water to dinning on the deck overlooking the ocean at sun set. No words can describe laying in your own private Cabana on a private island which has a swim up bar (yes a swim up bar on the private island) Then add in your own personal butler. WOW The service hands down was the best, Special thanks to our Butlers (Ellis and Hugh) Who were always there at a moments notice. Breakfast in Bed, DONE. Lunch By the pool, DONE. Dinner reservations. DONE. Mini Bar filled. DONE. One phone call away and the world is yours. Not the mention the very cool way they knock on the door. "ITS YOUR BUTLEEEEEEERRRR.... ( You have to hear said to understand)

Finally I can not forget about BEACH BUM VACATIONS AND STEVE. In one word, Amazing. I can say we were very difficult clients. Due to our limited time of our engagement, our need to procrastinate and just not knowing what we wanted for our honey moon. Steve was there. The whole process can be very scary. There are so many what if's. Where to go, where to stay, safety, travel, accommodations and the over all worry about making a bad decision. Steve is the perfect travel agent. A combination of professionalism and knowledge. (Yes Steve has pretty much traveled to most of the resorts you may be considering vacationing at) You tell him what you like to do, what your interests are and even what you drink. He does all the research and gives you multiple options. Steve made the process of booking our honey moon painless and I never doubted we would have a wonderful time at a beautiful resort. Steve is the only travel agent I will ever use, I am so happy we found him.

26 Thank William W