“aaaahhhhmaaaazzzing!”

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“aaaahhhhmaaaazzzing!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been to this resort three times in the past 8 years and every time is incredible. The staff is like family here, in fact I just got back from my most recent trip there and it was because of the closeness of the staff to my family that I was able to handle a difficult situation. My flight was cancelled when I was already on the plane and ready to go. I called a relative who was still on the resort but could not reach her. When I called the front desk, Shana knew exactly who I was and sent Okley out to find my family. I knew the moment Shana said that Okley was on it that I would be okay because he knew my family so well that he would find them right away, which he did. Not only did they take care of me when I returned to the resort but also went to bat for me to try and get use of Club Mobay again that I used at the aiport. Seriously, this place is incredible, I cannot stress enough how close knit you will become to the staff there (if you allow yourself to be), and how much better it makes the experience.

3 Thank Nicole K
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for that great review! We are delighted that you had another fantastic time at Sandal Royal Caribbean and went home with those gorgeous pictures to prove it! Our staff will really appreciate all your kind remarks and they are always happy to help out our valued guests.
We hope you will "soon come back"!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,433)
  • Greek first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was with a group staying at SMB and we visited the Royal Caribbean for a day and went to the private island. It was a lot of fun checking it out for a day, but I'm glad we were staying at SMB and not SRC. The beach is very small and there is only a very small beach on the private island as well. It seems SRC had some very nice restaurants and the rooms seemed a bit nicer though. Glad we visited, we had a good time and enjoyed the resort, but I'm glad we weren't staying at this resort every day due to the small beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Catherine N
chicago
Reviewed 29 June 2014

i think this is our 9th stay at this resort. we love it, we will be back.

We just spend a week there!

it's all about chilling and relaxing - no stress, no worries, all fun

she visits the spa for hair, and we both enjoy massages out on the island - overlooking the ocean.

the food is good - favorites..... pizza and beach burgers, eleanors for crab cakes, the pub for wedge salads, and the best overall is the thai restaurant back out on the island!

the rooms are good and comfortable, but its all about the staff.....

Our butler for YEARS has been Ellis, and he is the best of the best. His new partner Andre treated us well. Former butlers of ours Hughill and Aidia remain good friends!

Others that deserve mention - SIMONE on the island boat, LEVOR from the photoshop, VALECIA in Sales, KEVIN in the pub....

We booked again thru the SOON COME BACK desk.

If you want to relax - come here..... dont worry about the airplanes, we never used bug spray once, the construction is all about improvement, and the staff is the difference.

8 Thank p-mshires
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I have gone to Bahamas three times (Carnival Cruise, Atlantis Resort, and Sandals Royal Bahamian). Each time we ran into terrible customer service.

We decided to give Sandals one more chance by visiting Montego Bay for my birthday. I honestly went into the whole experience with low expectations based on our previous experiences, but from the moment we checked in we were blown away by exceptional customer service. We booked a concierge room in the Kensington for 3 nights. Regina in concierge was able to place us on a waiting list for the Thai restaurant (we ended up going) and booking the French restaurant the day of my birthday. She coordinated with them to sing happy birthday and they brought out a special dessert. Later that night we came back to our room to find that Regina had personally spelled my name in rose petals, brought more desserts, and a bottle of wine. This was probably the best birthday I've ever celebrated! Thank you Regina for being so awesome!

I would also like to commend the bartenders Rodrick and Andre at Critters Pub. Both provided exceptional service beyond standard bartending. They both were able to make drink recommendations based on my taste. They were also able to successfully engage other guest, so as result we ended up meeting and talking with another couple.

I'm really glad we booked the concierge room, since I was able to order hot breakfast, which was delivered to my room each morning. We also had the opportunity to ride on a Hobi Cat, which gave us the opportunity to see more of Jamaica outside the resort. Overall I would have to say we had a great time and everyone we encountered on the resort was extremely friendly.

My only compliant would be in reference to the roaming peacocks. I was awoken several mornings (5 am) to the sound of a peacock crowing. I think the peacock may have been in distress since it rained that night and a dedicated shelter for these animals are not provided (or at least from what I observed on the property) While the peacocks are pretty, I think they cause more of a nuisance and should be ultimately removed from the property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lilyvvv
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have had the pleasure of visiting this property the last 3 visits to Sandals Jamaica. Two weeks ago I celebrated my 50th birthday. The staff at the Royal are all so friendly and out going. We love to hang around the main pool and the service is awesome. A great big thank you to Jeffrey, Tracy-Ann, Neville and Verna for making my big day extra special. Odane at the Mariners service a great lunch with a awesome smile. See you all in November for some more LOVE!!

2 Thank Jo-Ann L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We honeymooned at Sandals Negril and were returning to Sandals for a shorter getaway.

LOCATION:
The resort is, as advertised, very close to the airport (less than 20 minutes). Which is exactly what we were looking for, since we were going to be there less than a week. If you are not from a big city near an airport this location may not be for you. There are planes flying overhead every few hours all day, every day. The good news is that this is so close the flight noise is very brief, rather than being near an approach to the airport (with noise that lasts for a while). Being from DC, the flight noise blends in the background. The flights stop before evening, and do not start too early.

SCUBA:
We arrived as open water SCUBA divers and decided to go for the advanced open water certification. Our instructor RJ was absolutely OUTSTANDING. He took us on some really great dives and provided the best diving experience we have had at Sandals. This dive shop is a great shop. Unlike Negril, this shop is right on the pier where the boat arrives, so hauling fins and such from the dive office is not far. The dive locations are not far providing more dive time and less boat transit time.

BARTENDER:
One of the best bartenders we have ever had in the world was working at the bar by the beach. Roderick is an extreme professional and a true asset to the staff. He is always up-beat, friendly, welcoming, and ready to make a new drink. We would go all over the resort and all the other bartenders knew immediately we were asking for a "Roderick Original Creation" when we would ask them to make a refill. We made a point to find out when and at which bar we needed to go to find him.

FOOD/OVERALL:
This property provided another wonderful experience and vacation. After our two amazing vacations, we planning our return to Sandals as soon as we can!

The only notes I would provide to the resort for improvement is regarding the Housekeeping and Groundskeeping. We were there at what I think is the 'less' busy time of year for the caribbean. That said, there was a lot of ground maintenance occurring. Most of the grass areas were mowed down and were being re-sodded while we were there. I know it has to be done some time, but it was something to note as a guest. Housekeeping (specifically room cleaning) could have been a bit better. For those future guests reading this, there was nothing specific of concern, just something that was a bit less than outstanding (as much as everything else was).

THANK you for a great vacation, we will be returning unless we find another Sandals location we like better.

Room Tip: Ocean view is most certainly better than the rest. If you get the far end of the resort, it is much...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gilkesjm
Pomaria, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

When we arrived at the airport in Montego Bay we were greeted right away with kindness and escorted to the waiting area for the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort.

Once we arrived at the resort we were offered refreshments, checked in, and given a quick tour of the resort. Everyone was very nice and helpful. My husband and I were traveling with friends, and both couples were given an upgrade in rooms to the club level. The rooms were very nice. My husband especially liked having and unlimited supply of Red Stripe beer in the room.

The beach was beautiful. It was not crowded so there was plenty of room to lay out and enjoy yourself. The guys enjoyed playing pool and beach volleyball daily.

Our favorite entertainer was Hollywood. We can't say enough about him. Hollywood was very talented. He could sing, dance, and play the piano. He was very entertaining. We talked to him on several occasions when he was not on stage and Hollywood was just an overall nice guy.

The drinks were great as well. Owen at the main bar always made excellent drinks. But all of the bartenders were great at helping you pick out a drink that you wanted.

The food was always plentiful! We really enjoyed Elenor's. The shrimp was delicious! The buffet (not sure of the name of the restaurant) was always good. The wait staff there was very nice.

While we were there we also went to the Dunn's River Falls. This was all arranged by the resort. It was amazing! Well worth the time and money. It would have been nice to have been told to take a waterproof camera for the falls and/or your personal camera for the trip to the falls. There were things that we saw that I would have liked to have gotten a picture of.

Overall our trip was AMAZING!!! Beautiful resort, great food, wonderful drinks, talented entertainers, friendly people, and an incredible experience! We loved our stay in Jamaica!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends