Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$573
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$210
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$666
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$543
US$340
  • Pool
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$571
US$297
Bookit.com
US$120
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$964
5,866 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonle jardinierregency restaurantour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubclothing optional beachbutler suitebeach grillwhite night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been to this resort three times in the past 8 years and every time is incredible. The staff is like family here, in fact I just got back from my most recent trip there and it was because of the closeness of the staff to my family that I was able to handle a difficult situation. My flight was cancelled when I was already on the plane and ready to go. I called a relative who was still on the resort but could not reach her. When I called the front desk, Shana knew exactly who I was and sent Okley out to find my family. I knew the moment Shana said that Okley was on it that I would be okay because he knew my family so well that he would find them right away, which he did. Not only did they take care of me when I returned to the resort but also went to bat for me to try and get use of Club Mobay again that I used at the aiport. Seriously, this place is incredible, I cannot stress enough how close knit you will become to the staff there (if you allow yourself to be), and how much better it makes the experience.

3  Thank Nicole K
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for that great review! We are delighted that you had another fantastic time at Sandal Royal Caribbean and went home with those gorgeous pictures to prove it! Our staff will really appreciate all your kind remarks and they are always happy to help out our valued guests.
We hope you will "soon come back"!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was with a group staying at SMB and we visited the Royal Caribbean for a day and went to the private island. It was a lot of fun checking it out for a day, but I'm glad we were staying at SMB and not SRC. The beach is very small and there is only a very small beach on the private island as well. It seems SRC had some very nice restaurants and the rooms seemed a bit nicer though. Glad we visited, we had a good time and enjoyed the resort, but I'm glad we weren't staying at this resort every day due to the small beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Catherine N
Reviewed 29 June 2014

i think this is our 9th stay at this resort. we love it, we will be back.

We just spend a week there!

it's all about chilling and relaxing - no stress, no worries, all fun

she visits the spa for hair, and we both enjoy massages out on the island - overlooking the ocean.

the food is good - favorites..... pizza and beach burgers, eleanors for crab cakes, the pub for wedge salads, and the best overall is the thai restaurant back out on the island!

the rooms are good and comfortable, but its all about the staff.....

Our butler for YEARS has been Ellis, and he is the best of the best. His new partner Andre treated us well. Former butlers of ours Hughill and Aidia remain good friends!

Others that deserve mention - SIMONE on the island boat, LEVOR from the photoshop, VALECIA in Sales, KEVIN in the pub....

We booked again thru the SOON COME BACK desk.

If you want to relax - come here..... dont worry about the airplanes, we never used bug spray once, the construction is all about improvement, and the staff is the difference.

8  Thank p-mshires
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I have gone to Bahamas three times (Carnival Cruise, Atlantis Resort, and Sandals Royal Bahamian). Each time we ran into terrible customer service.

We decided to give Sandals one more chance by visiting Montego Bay for my birthday. I honestly went into the whole experience with low expectations based on our previous experiences, but from the moment we checked in we were blown away by exceptional customer service. We booked a concierge room in the Kensington for 3 nights. Regina in concierge was able to place us on a waiting list for the Thai restaurant (we ended up going) and booking the French restaurant the day of my birthday. She coordinated with them to sing happy birthday and they brought out a special dessert. Later that night we came back to our room to find that Regina had personally spelled my name in rose petals, brought more desserts, and a bottle of wine. This was probably the best birthday I've ever celebrated! Thank you Regina for being so awesome!

I would also like to commend the bartenders Rodrick and Andre at Critters Pub. Both provided exceptional service beyond standard bartending. They both were able to make drink recommendations based on my taste. They were also able to successfully engage other guest, so as result we ended up meeting and talking with another couple.

I'm really glad we booked the concierge room, since I was able to order hot breakfast, which was delivered to my room each morning. We also had the opportunity to ride on a Hobi Cat, which gave us the opportunity to see more of Jamaica outside the resort. Overall I would have to say we had a great time and everyone we encountered on the resort was extremely friendly.

My only compliant would be in reference to the roaming peacocks. I was awoken several mornings (5 am) to the sound of a peacock crowing. I think the peacock may have been in distress since it rained that night and a dedicated shelter for these animals are not provided (or at least from what I observed on the property) While the peacocks are pretty, I think they cause more of a nuisance and should be ultimately removed from the property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lilyvvv
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have had the pleasure of visiting this property the last 3 visits to Sandals Jamaica. Two weeks ago I celebrated my 50th birthday. The staff at the Royal are all so friendly and out going. We love to hang around the main pool and the service is awesome. A great big thank you to Jeffrey, Tracy-Ann, Neville and Verna for making my big day extra special. Odane at the Mariners service a great lunch with a awesome smile. See you all in November for some more LOVE!!

2  Thank Jo-Ann L