We got married at SRC June 28th 2014 and it was PERFECT! we had a group of 26 people and the wedding staff was on point! Renee, our wedding planner along with Patricia were on top of their game and took care of every detail. I had a few pre-phone meetings with an adviser to get the "big" decisions out of the way, upon arrival, Patrica greeted us promptly before we even checked in to brief us and then a short 1-2 hour meeting the following morning. The rehearsal dinner was more than we could have asked for. It was included in the price because of the group size and they went over and above to make it special. Nigel was our server that night and also came to the wedding to make sure everything went off without a hitch! HE WAS FANTASTIC and so entertaining, dancing with guest later in the night, we all really enjoyed his company! The DJ's were also great, I sent a list of suggested songs ahead of time and they really kept all the guest entertained and moving. We had a mento band for the first hour when we served a signature cocktail and they were also just fabulous. Realy set the tone and make you feel like you were in JAMAICA MAN! There was some constriction going on at the time (so there was a big green wall in the back drop of the reception but it wasn't terrible, i could have picked a different location for the reception but i really liked the garden) but all in all, the garden we chose for the reception was so pretty and right next to the beach where we said our vows (NOTE: the beaches at this resort are MUCH smaller than you probably picture, like a 13 ft strip and about 10 ft deep, which was ok and fit our crowd perfectly but if you in vision a long beautiful beach for your wedding, check out negril or another sandals for bigger beaches.) The main beach has a great pizza place and food shack for lunch and its so effortless.
We visited the Sandals resorts at Negril and Montgo Bay on this trip and had a lot of fun. Negril is a much more "formal" resort it seems (we only spent a few hours) but the food options seemed better and the facility was a lot larger. it also seemed they had more water sport options. Same goes for Montego Bay...lots to do, bigger facility and better food choices. Both MB and SRC are very close to the airport which is good so you don't have to take a 2 hr taxi ride after traveling all day but forewarning, there is A LOT of air traffic. We actually stopped our vows to let a plane pass) Our "play makers" at SRC were the best. Kirmet and Hollywood are so much fun and Anna Kay was great. Get to know them, they will make your trip so much fun. I got the feeling SRC was a much younger resort, less formal and so laid back while the others didn't seem to have a lot going on ie. pool volley ball, beach party, beach relay races which was good because we had a lot of our friends and our crowd is pretty rowdy! The Thai and french restaurants were definitely 5 star! and the breakfast buffet was great!
We got a taxi to take us to negril to go to ricks and jump off the cliffs and go to the public beach to experience real Jamaica and it seems like Negril is more of a "town" than Montego Bay. Lots to do outside of the resort but it all cost additional $$$
All in all I would say any faults the resort may have had were completely made up by the AMAZING wedding staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean