“Fabulous vacation!”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It was our first Sandals vacation. We spent six days in Jamaica at the Royal Caribbean. The service was outstanding. A special shout-out to Nicola who gave us great service on the beach. Also Dwight made sure everything was going well. All the staff was genuine and happy. We would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Nancy B
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review, Nancy.
We strive to provide our guests with an incredible stay in paradise and we are so delighted to hear about the wonderful vacation experience you had at Sandals Royal Caribbean! We appreciate you taking the time to share the highlights of your visit with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back again for another fabulous Caribbean getaway!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean from 7/22-7/29/14 and had an amazing time. This was our first trip to Sandals. We have never traveled outside of the US or stayed at an all-inclusive so I really don't have anything else to compare it to. I would highly recommend getting the club mobay bundle package, it is so worth the $80/pp. The immigration lines at the airport in Mobay were extremely long. When we got off the plane a Club Mobay agent was standing there with a sign with our names on it and took us right through the entire process in less than 10 minutes. We had the Crystal Lagoon Penthouse Oceanview Butler Suite Room 2308 and it had an amazing panoramic view of the ocean. Our butlers were Tajai and Dwight and they were so awesome. Dwight brought me coconut shrimp on the beach because I mentioned how much I love it and Tajai brought my husband some mangoes that he got on his day off. I have never seen such good service anywhere in my life, not just from the butlers but every staff member we encountered. I felt like royalty. We didn't do any excursions on this tri, but we did rent a cabana on the off-shore island for the day and we also rented a cabana at Sandals Montego Bay for the day. The staff at Sandals Mobay treated us very well. SRC was kept immaculately clean and the food was very good to great. Our favorite meal was at the Regency, I highly recommend the crab and shrimp ceviche and the beef and reef. I have never had grilled lobster that literally melted in your mouth before this trip. I also really liked Eleanor's, I had the coconut crusted red snapper and it was very good.I couldn't imagine any Sandals getting better than this, but we would like to visit other places as well so we are planning another vacation, this time to Sandals Royal Bahamian. We would not hesitate to return to Sandals Royal Caribbean and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Crystal Lagoon Honeymoon Penthouse Butler Suite had great views of the ocean but it was close to the...
5  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently spent 5 nights at Royal Caribbean in Jamaica. We had a absolutely GREAT time. We were in the quiet part of the resort. We had the best service under the sun. Special shout out to Tracy-Ann and Renio! They work so hard and always had the biggest smiles. Also enjoyed great conversation with Marvin. Really ready to return. This is my 2nd stay here and I have loved it each time. The Jamaican Smile was my favorite drink! The food was very good as well. Being so close by the airport was so nice.
The only problem I had was getting through customs/immigration. The line was 1.5 hours long. It was very hot waiting too. We arrived on Saturday and heard the best arrival days are Wednesday and Friday. If you come on Saturday, I would recommend using Club Mo-Bay as those clients went straight to the front of the line.
Enjoy Jamaica, I love it!!

3  Thank Lara B
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Considering this was our first trip to a Sandals and our first time in Jamaica, my wife and I were very impressed. We spent nine days at this resort with five adventure tours off the property. We agreed (as it seems many people do) that the service with second to none. All the staff at the resort was beyond helpful with any request we had. I don't think we were told "no" once during our stay! Valecia in the sales office was especially helpful and gave us tips on all of activities! We very much enjoyed the layout of the resort, including the private island off the beach. We would not hesitate to visit this resort again or recommend it to a friend.

5  Thank Amil A
Reviewed 28 July 2014

4 of us returned last Sunday from our relaxing vacation without kids! This was our first experience with Sandals and the people that work there could not have been more friendly. We met so many wonderful people and everyone had a smile on their face and was genuinely happy to see you. Always a Hello, Good Morning, Afternoon, not one grouchy sole.

The Food was delish!!!! We ate at all the restaurants (but Cricketers) and didn't have a meal we didn't like. The lobster at Italian night, still has my mouth watering. It was so good. We all tried escargot at La Jardinier and it was surprisingly very good. We were all impressed. (It was a little hot being that you are in a garden area). The Thai restaurant on the island has very good Chicken with Cashews, this was a first time for all of us eating Thai and it was very good. The rice pudding though, was a little different, so just be prepared. Nothing like rice pudding we get here in the States, but it's okay it was something different. It was literally a rice ball with some kind of mango salsa on top and from what I was told it wasn't all that good, but everyone's palate is different.

The drinks never disappointed either and the bartenders and servers were always pleasant and looked like they truly enjoyed their job. Always singing, laughing, talking to the guests going out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. (and all without accepting tips, AMAZING). Shout out to Nicola, Beach Waitress, Wayne in the Piano Bar, Cleveland in Cricketers, Dominique singing behind Mariners, Sheroy Island Bartender. The DJ at Cricketers even let my husband and his friend look songs up on his computer and DJ for a little. Chico, Hollywood, and Kermit doing a great job with the shows and getting the audience involved. It was just a wonderful experience.

We didn't do any excursions outside of going over to Sandals Montego Bay and if you want a BIG resort this one is for you. It did seem like when we went over for the day to get from the lobby to the swim up bar took like a 5 minute walk, but again we didn't stay there, so maybe it wasn't as far.

Our room. Nothing that wouldn't keep me from going back but we did request to have a room on the second floor, and completely understand that you can't always get what you want, us and friends did both pay for the same room category and ours truly wasn't. Not that that is a bad thing but our friends ended up in a building behind us that had a smaller bathroom and back door. They had to keep the bathroom door closed into the room b/c it was so hot in there and one night they had a moth that had gotten in. The slats in the windows were open wider than necessary and it allowed too much heat and bugs in. But they said they didn't let that ruin their vacation and they still had a great time.

Since this was my husband and mine first experience with Sandals, we can't compare to other Sandals, but we used to travel at least once a year and this is by far the friendliest resort we have ever been too. Jamaica is my 2nd favorite island and if i could I would go back in a heart beat and would definitely recommend this resort.

All of the guests that we met were friendly also. Good Food, Good Drinks, Good Times and a Wonderful Experience.

Thank you to all!!!

7  Thank Hdh7376
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you are considering going to this resort, I am certain you have read all the reviews on line and looked extra closely at any negative write-ups. Here is the real deal.

SERVICE: The service is fantastic and I can not praise this staff enough! Each and every person from the bartenders, to the front desk, wait staff, housekeeping, activities director and pool staff were all incredibly warm and friendly and eager to assist with anything we needed.

FOOD: Such variety and everything was delicious. We had no problems getting a table at all of the restaurants. The Thai restaurant was excellent as was the Caribbean restaurant. We had plenty of local flavor as well as excellent renditions of our standard favorites. (It's hard to please a New Yorker with pizza but they did just fine!)

ROOM: Our room was exactly as advertised. The gorgeous view was just as promised and and the photos and video on their website accurately reflected the actual room. Twice a day housekeeping would come clean and straighten and there was always an abundance of towels, soaps and supplies.

FACILITIES: The pools were always clean and open. We never had to fight for a chair or towel. With so many options from the main pool, to the smaller pools to the island swim up bar, you can customize your experience from loud, lively and fun to quiet, romantic and secluded. The private island is a true treasure with so much natural beauty. The spa services are top notch! Do not skip the massage, lying on a secluded island in a cabana looking out at the sea.

ACTIVITIES: The staff really gives you so many options and things to do. Each afternoon they had fun games at the pool, beach volleyball, pool volleyball, bocce ball, bingo, croquet, trivia etc. Each evening they put on great performances including live music and dancing that everyone enjoyed. For late night fun they hosted sing-a-longs, karaoke, and name that tune. When you are not doing that, you can always grab a kayak, catamaran, go snorkeling or just grab a cabana or some secluded little spot and enjoy the view of the crystal clear waters.

WEDDING SERVICES: How easy was that! They handle everything and they handle it so well. They supplied a charming minister, a fantastic photographer and took care of all the special details. Nothing was overlooked and I was able to have a perfect and stress free day!

I read complains in other reviews about the following and this is what I found:

Air conditioning - our AC was nice and cold. The thermostat is controlled by remote control and perhaps those who complained it wasn't to their liking didn't realize this.

Flight noise - Yeah every now and then a plan flies over and there is noise for a few seconds. That's the price you pay for being ten minutes from the airport instead of several hours. After the first day I didn't notice.

Bathroom toilet area not air conditioned - Seriously? How much time are you spending in there?

Noise - We were in a room right by the main pool and restaurant. I didn't find it to be noisy at all.

Room issues with cleanliness, updates, etc. - I simply did not have any issue with the staff keeping the room clean. I didn't spot any chipped paint or scratched furniture. Of course to be fair I didn't get out my magnifying glass and give it a thorough inspection.

So basically this place is simply perfect. It is everything they advertise it to be. If you want to have a very active adventure it's there. If you want to enjoy a lively party it's there. If you want romantic seclusion it's there. If you can't have your perfect vacation here - the problem isn't Sandals - it's YOU!

Room Tip: View the 360 video of the rooms you are selecting. It's a very accurate reflection of what you...
10  Thank Jo D
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We are frequent Sandals visitors in Nassau. We expected the same service and quality accommodations when we came to the Royal Caribbean. We were wrong! Our butler level room upon check-in was dirty and falling apart. Dead bugs on the floor. A wooden valance above a window that is about to fall off the wall. The bathroom is covered in mildew.
Do not come If you expect the little touches you get from a Butler level room in Nassau like small surprises and treats in your room at night, a butler who answers the phone or even calls you back, a butler who takes care of a small request without having to ask at least three times.

Luxury is NOT included. Everything luxury costs extra here. In Nassau it does not. Here you have to rent a cabana. You can not get a private transfer, they make you wait on a bus for 20 minutes.

We wanted to try a different Sandals resort after returning to the Royal Bahamian 3 years in a row...what a mistake!

Only two more nights left here!!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Stephanie M
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your stay. We regret to hear that you were not enjoying your visit at Sandals Royal Caribbean. This is certainly not the kind of experience we want our guests to have when visiting our resorts. We are known for providing high quality vacations with top notch service and unfortunately, during your experience, it seems we did not meet those expectations. We attempted to reach you while you were still on property to see how we could assist you before your departure but I'm not sure if our Guest Services staff was able to reach in time. Please do not hesitate to speak to our Customer Care Team at 1-888-SANDALS if you have any further concerns regarding your most recent stay with us. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your high regard in the future.