Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I honeymooned here recently. The resort was fantastic! The grounds, beaches, pools, etc. were all in great condition. The staff does a fantastic job to make sure everything looks wonderful. We were in a concierge room (Kensington Cove), and we definitely appreciated all the hard work of the concierge staff to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Dezreen, Kirkland, and the entire concierge team are fantastic, and will help you out with anything you need.

The entire staff is also fantastic! They are always smiling and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and have everything you need. We were so sad to leave!! Wayne and Maurice were some of our favorite people to talk to.

All of the restaurants were also amazing. Only 2 needed reservations, and we had no problems with that. Le Jardinier (the French restaurant) was probably the best, but they were all very good. I miss the breakfast buffet...such great pastries, and unlimited bacon!

Definitely go to the evening shows put on by the entertainment team--they will make you laugh! Chico and Hollywood are great entertainers! The whole team really goes out of their way to put on good shows.

I know some people have complained about the airplanes flying over. Yes...you do hear them. We noticed probably 4-5 per day. It's really not terrible.

Overall, this is a great resort. We had such a fun and relaxing time, and we cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Kensington Cove is great! Quiet, nice pool, Wi-Fi in room, although it didn't always work.
2  Thank Shadowfax115

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. We felt pampered and wanted the entire time. The staff was always friendly and smiling and ready to help with whatever needs we had. Kirkland, Cione, Odane, Alex and Nicola went out of their way to assist us. We celebrated my birthday while at the resort and this vacation was also a celebration of our 25th Anniversary (even though it's not until later). The staff had a birthday card waiting for me at dinner and they sang happy birthday to me! It was wonderful! This is the best money we've ever spent on a vacation and we'll be happy to go back. The resort was quiet and it was wonderful not to have to worry whether we'd get good sleep. I highly recommend getting the Club MoBay package to whisk you through customs. Thanks Sandals for a wonderful birthday and anniversary!

Room Tip: Beach walk-up rooms are great to be able to just walk a few feet and be in the water.
4  Thank Lorene W
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Sandals Royal Caribbean was amazing the staff was awesome and super friendly. The staff remembered you on a first name basis. Nicola was awesome she made sure we had everything we needed always with a smile. Hollywood was an awesome entertainer and was great fun. Enjoyed everything sandals had to offer and will defiantly be visiting another sandals in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank dbyrd2
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It was our first Sandals vacation. We spent six days in Jamaica at the Royal Caribbean. The service was outstanding. A special shout-out to Nicola who gave us great service on the beach. Also Dwight made sure everything was going well. All the staff was genuine and happy. We would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Nancy B
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your review, Nancy.
We strive to provide our guests with an incredible stay in paradise and we are so delighted to hear about the wonderful vacation experience you had at Sandals Royal Caribbean! We appreciate you taking the time to share the highlights of your visit with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back again for another fabulous Caribbean getaway!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean from 7/22-7/29/14 and had an amazing time. This was our first trip to Sandals. We have never traveled outside of the US or stayed at an all-inclusive so I really don't have anything else to compare it to. I would highly recommend getting the club mobay bundle package, it is so worth the $80/pp. The immigration lines at the airport in Mobay were extremely long. When we got off the plane a Club Mobay agent was standing there with a sign with our names on it and took us right through the entire process in less than 10 minutes. We had the Crystal Lagoon Penthouse Oceanview Butler Suite Room 2308 and it had an amazing panoramic view of the ocean. Our butlers were Tajai and Dwight and they were so awesome. Dwight brought me coconut shrimp on the beach because I mentioned how much I love it and Tajai brought my husband some mangoes that he got on his day off. I have never seen such good service anywhere in my life, not just from the butlers but every staff member we encountered. I felt like royalty. We didn't do any excursions on this tri, but we did rent a cabana on the off-shore island for the day and we also rented a cabana at Sandals Montego Bay for the day. The staff at Sandals Mobay treated us very well. SRC was kept immaculately clean and the food was very good to great. Our favorite meal was at the Regency, I highly recommend the crab and shrimp ceviche and the beef and reef. I have never had grilled lobster that literally melted in your mouth before this trip. I also really liked Eleanor's, I had the coconut crusted red snapper and it was very good.I couldn't imagine any Sandals getting better than this, but we would like to visit other places as well so we are planning another vacation, this time to Sandals Royal Bahamian. We would not hesitate to return to Sandals Royal Caribbean and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Crystal Lagoon Honeymoon Penthouse Butler Suite had great views of the ocean but it was close to the...
5  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently spent 5 nights at Royal Caribbean in Jamaica. We had a absolutely GREAT time. We were in the quiet part of the resort. We had the best service under the sun. Special shout out to Tracy-Ann and Renio! They work so hard and always had the biggest smiles. Also enjoyed great conversation with Marvin. Really ready to return. This is my 2nd stay here and I have loved it each time. The Jamaican Smile was my favorite drink! The food was very good as well. Being so close by the airport was so nice.
The only problem I had was getting through customs/immigration. The line was 1.5 hours long. It was very hot waiting too. We arrived on Saturday and heard the best arrival days are Wednesday and Friday. If you come on Saturday, I would recommend using Club Mo-Bay as those clients went straight to the front of the line.
Enjoy Jamaica, I love it!!

3  Thank Lara B
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Considering this was our first trip to a Sandals and our first time in Jamaica, my wife and I were very impressed. We spent nine days at this resort with five adventure tours off the property. We agreed (as it seems many people do) that the service with second to none. All the staff at the resort was beyond helpful with any request we had. I don't think we were told "no" once during our stay! Valecia in the sales office was especially helpful and gave us tips on all of activities! We very much enjoyed the layout of the resort, including the private island off the beach. We would not hesitate to visit this resort again or recommend it to a friend.

5  Thank Amil A