“Sandals Royal Caribbean delivers again”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
FL
“Sandals Royal Caribbean delivers again”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent yet another great week at SRC. We were there over the 4th of July and although the website seemed to indicate it was sold out, it never felt crowded. Jardiner and the Thai restaurants remain our favorites and food was excellent. We also love the pizza. What a great addition when that arrived a few years ago. We had a penthouse river suite room which was wonderful except the AC could use some help with Jamaican summer days. Our butlers were Ellis and Andre who did a great job. Shout out to our favorite bartender Owen although we saw less of him now that he is working the piano bar. Jevaun took good care of us on the Island as did Courtney at the beach bar. And Big Bird Kevin always brings a laugh in the Pub. And thanks to Dezreen Reed and Okley Cunningham for the help with our room and Tamra Brown with butlers.

1 Thank FLBCHBOY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,431)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our second time to this great Caribbean paradise. Even more improvements on the way. The Butlers (Dwight being one of them) are very professional. Okley (Manager) such a nice man, is only too willing to help make the stay even better. Having said that, every one on the property is only too happy to meet & greet you.

2 Thank Dennmor
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I traveled in February of this year. This was our 5th trip to a Sandals property and the level of service did not disappoint us. We had a 2nd floor beachfront room. Normally we get a first floor room because I want easy access to the beach. This time they gave us a 2nd floor room and I was initially disappointed but soon overcame that. We had a lot more privacy with a balcony than down on the ground floor. I am now converted.
Ian and Orlando were our butlers and were excellent! They are really good guys and work very hard to make your stay memorable. I cannot say enough good things about them.
The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because the beach is not as advertised as shown in the pictures. It is very small and most of it is washed away. Quite disappointing when you have an image in your head.
We spent many days on the private island. We really enjoyed it out there. It is very peaceful and relaxing. The snorkeling was excellent.
All the staff were very friendly and work hard to keep the place clean and beautiful.
You can hear the planes taking off and landing, but this never bothered us and honestly you don't really even notice it after a few days.
Don't forget to take your white clothes for white night.
We also recommend getting a photography package when you get there. My husband and I have some lovely professional pictures of us together now. A little expensive but worth it.
We will return to RC. It was a beautiful and relaxing visit with no worries.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JimandDevo
new york
Reviewed 4 August 2014

From th moment I when inside I was happy to be there. The place is beautiful and clean...The staff is very friendly and the food is super.......I was upgraded to Sandals club and I was surpriced of the services. We had private pool, jacuzzi and private beach. Ther room was well maintained and the liquors where top of the line.....

Room Tip: Sandals club rooms are the best.
3 Thank kendomi
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from Sandals Royal Caribbean and was thrilled with the resort. I was concerned that being Sandals it would be too large and somewhat unfriendly. Unfortunately we had that experience at a resort in Mexico (not a Sandals resort). SRC made us feel like family!! There was such a diversity of people nobody should have felt uncomfortable. The entertainment committee was awesome with never ending energy (especially Kermit) Everybody loves Kermit! Queenie, Chico & Hollywood kept things going making everyone feel at home. All of the staff went out of their way to make you comfortable. We had an issue with one of our tours and was immediately resolved by Oakley. I am not sure if it was the relaxed atmosphere or just great people but the guests were so friendly! There were a lot of honeymooners and also "older" people like us and it was so great to see everybody talking to each other, no age barriers here! The food was amazing and plentiful. (I gained 8 lbs). You can be very active or you can just relax it's your choice. If it is too busy on the mainland you can always take the boat over to the private island. Like I said I had overlooked Sandals before due to my own insecurities but now I am a true fan!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Windsor Building which is beachfront however our view was blocked by a huge tree. W...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathi c
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am 31 years old and I went to this resort for my honey moon with my whife. This resort is a 5 star related to service, the people in charge is very friendly, they really take care of your concerns and they are very careful with the details. On the other hand the infraestructure of the hotel isn't the expected for a 5 star hotel, in my oppinion it is old.

The beach is really narrow and small. As in all Sandalls resorts, they charge only for the lessons in Scuba Diving, everything else is included and we have had a great experience in all the activities including (Diving).

This resort is good, but I beleive based on my experiencethat is for people between 50 to 60 that wants to have a super aniversary and want to rest enjoying the quiet.

Room Tip: I will suggest to choose this hotel depending on your age, and never take a desicion before taken a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Oscar A
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This has been our third trip to a Sandals resort in Jamaica and overall we were pleased with our stay. The resort itself is smaller than previous ones we have stayed in but we did not mind seeing it made things feel more personable. To avoid a long review here are just the facts from our vacation:

Good:
- Food was excellent in both quality and presentation. We tried all of the resort restaurants and the variety was great. Restaurant reservations were no problem.
- The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcomed. From the time we arrived until we left we were always greeted with a smile and asked if there was anything we needed.
- The resort grounds overall was clean and well maintained.
- The nightly entertainment was excellent with something for everyone. The staff were high energy and loved to get the audience involved which made things even more fun.
- The entire resort has a relaxed and easy going feel.

Not So Good:
- The room we stayed in had a mold problem. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling and on the paintings just above the bed. By looking at the amount of growth this mold has been there for a while. This was surprising for us to see this in a Sandals resort.
- The beach and swimming area is a lot smaller than we expected. Resort web pictures do not give a fair representation of what is actually there. Lucky for us there was not a large crowd there during our stay so beach access was ok.
- Late night snack options were very limited with a pub being the only place open most of the time. After a few days we grew tired of the same choices.

General:
- Although we were told due to the proximity of the resort to the airport airplane noise will be a bother, we did not find this to be an issue at all. When airplanes would fly directly over the noise would only last a few seconds.

Our recommendation is if your looking for a resort with a relaxing atmosphere, great food and entertainment with a friendly staff then this is the place for you.

2 Thank MacIsaac