My husband and I just returned from Sandals Royal Caribbean and Private Resort and had an amazing time. We were there Dec. 13-18, 2008 and could not have asked for a better break from the kids, work and everyday life. We choose SRC over some of the other resorts because we liked the fact that it was so close to the airport, it had a private island to escape to, and it offered the opportunity to go to other Sandals resorts. We had read posts where people thought the planes were a problem but honestly we really didn't see that many. The 10 minute trip from the airport to the resort was well worth the few planes we saw! The lounge at the airport was very nice but they had things running so efficiently we barely had time for a Red-Stripe before we were being whisked away to the resort.
What really makes SRC a great resort is the staff. We have stayed at several other all inclusives and it really is all about the staff. The playmakers -- Joellene, Anthony, Marlon, Natassia (can't remember everyone's name:() -- were awesome! If you wanted to veg they weren't pushy and they were great at getting you motivated when you weren't sure whether you wanted to play or not. My husband had a blast playing pool volleyball and sand volleyball, darts, ping-pong and speed ball. I had fun watching;-) All of the staff at the resort was great. Leighton could not have been more helpful with our dinner reservations and little requests. Everyone was great. We also met a lot of great people at the resort especially Doug and Chris from New York and Ollie and Suzy from England.
I gotta give major kudos to our travel agent Amy McHugh of Dream Makers Vacation Services in helping us plan our trip. I haven't used a travel agent in years --instead booking my trips though on-line services -- and I can't say enough good things about her. Her knowledge and expertise of all the Sandals resorts in Jamaica was key in helping us make a decision. She put us in direct communication with the GM of the resort Iain and the upgrade we got was incredible! We will definitely be booking our next trip back to SRC through her!
The food was very good and the drinks were top shelf. You have to try a Jamaican Smile which includes banana mixed with several liquors - definitely a great way to start the day. The private island was one of the highlights of our trip. You really felt like you were on your own little island and the lunch out there was great. The Thai restaurant was romantic although the portions were on the small side. The pub was a lot of fun and the piano bar (I wish I could remember the piano player's name, he was fantastic!) was another highlight of the trip.
Well that about wraps it up. Great trip, beautiful resort, incredible staff, great travel agent. Can't ask for more than that! We will be back!
Dave & Laurie, Stafford, VA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •7 exquisite dining options, with world-class culinary cuisines.•Only Jamaican resort with a private offshore island, housing an authentic Thai restaurant.•Magnificent, swim-up crystal lagoon suites.•24 hour room service as a part of our concierge service.•English pub offering an authentic pub dining experience.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Montego Bay
- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort Jamaica
- Sandal Royal Caribbean