Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$659
US$609
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$210
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$295
  • Pool
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$425
US$336
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$988
US$480
Elvoline
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,869
Hotelpower.com
5,872 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonle jardinierregency restaurantour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubclothing optional beachbutler suitebeach grillwhite night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Returning to this resort many times I have run out of words to describe it.
So item format is the answer.

Top Reasons to go to SRC (alphabetical)

Butlers: Joshayne, Hughill, Damion.
Diana, Garfield & Phillips @ the Regency.
Friday Night Beach Party.
Greeting arriving at the resort.
Iain, Rick, Leighton, Nicky Ann, Brandon, Susie and all the staff.
Lunch on the Island with Warren.
Manager's Wine and Cheese Party.
Marlon noticing a girl falling on the pool deck and preventing it.
Player Makers-Anthony, Joanna, Netesha, and Ricardo
Restaurants-Regency, Royal Thai, Pavilion, Le Jardiniere, Cricketers .
Rick and Leighton handing out ice cream cones at the pool deck.
Rory Frankson, the opera singer at SSG Dinners.
SSG Dinners-Chefs Stephan, Chef Walker.
Swim-up first floor River Suite rooms.

1  Thank mikerott
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I went to the Royal Caribbean to get married, and loved every minute. I too have read many trip advisor reviews and was very skeptical. But all that anxiety went away as soon I stepped into the resort.
The staff was so nice, the place was so beautiful. The weather was perfect and the food was amazing! (including all the great drinks)!
They also have lots of activities to keep you and your family and friends busy all day. Or you can do what I did and hang by the pools and beaches most of time!
Ill be coming back again!

6  Thank porter92
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Sandals customer service starts at the airport when you arrive at their reception area. While your transfer is scheduled and your luggae is tagged, your are greeted with professional, offered cold drinks, food and time to refresh after your filght. RC is located near the airport which offers a short route on your way to more excellent customer service. Check in was simple, an upgrade was offered and we met the the manager Rick. Thanks Rick, Juliene, Dane, Leighton, Joanna, Shaq, the main bar bartenders, pool bar bartenders, and all of the wait staff. We will return!

3  Thank michickory
Reviewed 3 August 2009

After an uneventful flight with Air Jamaica, we arrived in Montego Bay on Friday, July 24th. Customs and Immigration was a breeze. Because we already knew the porters would have our bags ready, we were prepared to give a small tip and be on our way. When we got to the Sandals lounge, vacation began. Our bags were tagged for Sandals then we headed inside. I began looking at the snacks and drinks when the butler told us to have a seat and he would take care of us. After a couple quick glasses of sparkling wine, we were on the bus and on our way to the resort.

We arrived at the resort early (around 10:45 am) and were escorted to the concierge's lounge where we enjoyed more sparkling wine and cookies. We were informed that our suite was not ready and a member of the staff took us to the beach grill for lunch and drinks. I ate the jerk chicken wrap, which was delicious! A few minutes later our butler, Ellis, introduced himself and explained that they were preparing our suite and we would be escorted to our room soon.

While sitting on the beach, we were happy to see couples of all ages. We thought it may be a slightly older crowd from reading the TA reviews and forums. However, there were people of all ages and all walks of life from all over the world enjoying the beauty of the resort.

Once we got to our room (327) I was amazed! It was beautiful and had a nice view of the resort and the ocean! Ellis had snacks waiting for us and we checked in right in our room. After explaining the butler service and a few other things, Ellis offered to unpack our bags while we marveled at the beauty of the resort. After a quick stroll around the resort, we jumped into our bathing suits and went to the beach.

The beach is small, but big enough to accommodate all of the guests. Because we had done more than enough research, we knew what to expect and were not disappointed by the beach. If you like to swim in deeper water, the smaller beaches are a bit deeper than the main beach. There are a few people who float by trying to sell "souvenirs" but a simple "no thank you" was enough to let them know you weren't interested.

The food at SRC was ok. The seafood was always delicious but the beef, lamb, etc was a bit tough. We generally chose to go to the buffet for breakfast because we found it a hassle to try to plan when we would want to get up in the morning to have our butler bring us breakfast in our room. The breakfast buffet was good but there was little variation. The beach grill was always good and the buffet on the island was good. We ate at all of the restaurants at SRC and went to Tokyo Joes at SMB one night. The Royal Thai was the best at SRC and we also enjoyed Tokyo Joes. As long as we stuck to chicken or seafood at the restaurants we weren't disappointed.

If you enjoy night life, it can be found at SRC. While SRC may not be the liveliest of resorts, the pub and the piano bar are fun at night. Theon at the pub can make anyone laugh and the staff often hangs out doing tricks and joking around. Theon keeps your cup full and remembers what you drink after your first night. There is also nightly entertainment - games, music, dancing, etc.

While the entertainment staff was present, we did not find them overly pushy. My husband played several games of volleyball but I chose not to participate in any games. I was happy with my book and a beach chair and after the explained that the first day I was not bothered. There are plenty of photographers who take random pictures around the resort. We generally smiled and let them take our picture but a few times told them we weren't interested in pictures and they smiled and went on to the next couple.

We went to the spa one day. My husband wanted a massage and I needed a pedicure. While he enjoyed his massage, I was a little disappointed in my pedi. It was not relaxing and i was a bit offended when the lady kept talking about how bad my callouses were. I explained that I get frequent pedicures and that I knew my callouses weren't as bad as she wanted me to believe then she calmed down about it. Like most spas, they tried to sell us products that were way to expensive. We said no thank you and were on our way.

On our last night at SRC, my husband decided to surprise me with dinner on the beach at sunset. We had a sunset photo shoot and were pampered on the beach by our server. Dinner was delicious - probably the best I had all week! It was nice to have time alone with my husband and although there were a few people who walked by nobody bothered us. The guards made sure the "surf board guys" who were selling "souvenirs" did not bother us and it was quiet and peaceful.

We went shopping in Montego Bay one day and decided to hire a driver to take us. We were glad we did. Although it cost $40, he spent mos of the day with us and helped us if the vendors became overwhelming.

We were told to avoid shopping on Wednesday when the cruise ships were in but to expect a few extra people at the resort.. There were quite a few people from the cruises that came to SRC for the day. Although it was not a big issue, I was a little disappointed that they let their "couples only" rule slide. There were a couple groups of girls who got pretty loud on the beach in the morning. The beach was red flagged that afternoon and the main pool was packed. However, the two smaller pools, the river pool, and the island pool were pretty empty so we just hung out at those pools for most of the day until the cruisers had to head back to their ship.

The biggest complaint I had about SRC was the birds. They were always flying around trying to steal food and it was a bit annoying when we were trying to enjoy breakfast and had to protect our plates from the birds. The only time we saw mosquitoes was when we ate at the French restaurant. My legs had several bites but my husband who was wearing long pants had none.

While the resort was lovely, it was the staff at SRC that made our trip so memorable. I've never met a happier, more sincere group of people. I was sad to leave. While I know it will be a few years before we can return, I am already looking forward to visiting SRC again!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
12  Thank mnl10221982
Reviewed 3 August 2009

The most relaxing vacation I've ever enjoyed! The resort itself is absolutely beautiful. The highlight here is the people who work at the resort. Juliene, Ricardo, Joanna, Dane and Nateisha from the entertainment department helped create a fun and light atmosphere. You can't help but want to join in and partake of all the activities they offer. Deon is the best waiter at the resort. He takes fabulous care of you and will go above and beyond to make your meal perfect. Karim and Devon from the photo shop are fun and take great photos. And you must schedule a massage with Keron....really I don't need to say more than "WOW!"
We've already planned a return trip for next year and I'm sure we'll do the same year after year. Fabulous people, great activities, beautiful setting....what more could you possibly need?

Tina ---- - Montrose, Colorado