“One of the best in Montego Bay”

Jerky's Bar & Grill
Ranked #28 of 131 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
United States
“One of the best in Montego Bay”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Love Jerky it's one of the best... I regret Scoties.., the service is not the best but I love the food so I keep going back

• Visited February 2013

“Consistently terrible service”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I reside a few minutes from this restaurant so I keep going there as a matter of convenience. The food and the price are in themselves not bad, but the service is terrible to say the least. I have NEVER placed an order there and get it the way I want it. Something is always amiss and one staff blames the other for the failure. I usually order the steam conch and they have never failed to disappoint me. Happy to say, I'm never going back there after today and I strongly recommend that unless you don't mind waiting for half an hour only to be disappointed, eat elsewhere. Failures include: burnt rice/jerk chicken, lack of pepper in steam conch even when requested spicy, conch cooked with okra even when I told them I don't eat okra, conch placed in box with rice even though requested them in separate containers, causing the rice to become saturated with gravy, incomplete order etc. Staff are pleasant but grossly incompetent. Spoke to supervisor once, who offered a free meal. I don't want a free meal, I want the one I'm paying for to be prepared and served the way I ask for it to be done. Don't waste your time and money.

1 Thank yardiemommy
Solelissa, General Manager at Jerky's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Jerky's Bar & Grill and its employees extends sincerest apology to our disgruntled customer ‘yardiemom’ who we were immediately able to identify because of the unique nature of the matter. Jerky’s prides itself on quality products at affordable prices, and our environment and establishment is customer friendly to encourage any reports of mishaps that may cause dissatisfaction. Jerky’s constantly aims to improve on weak areas so that our valued customers will feel justified each time Jerky’s is supported. We take NO customer for granted. It is unfortunate that we were not given the opportunity to remedy the situation then, but we have sensitized our staffs of the experience of ‘yardiemom’ and will ensure this never reoccurs. Even though conch is a favorite among our customers and is 90% requested with okra, keen attention should have been placed on detail to maximize on satisfaction. Jerky’s is therefore extending an open arm to ‘yardiemom’ and ask for another chance. Your review was accepted as a means of enhancing our establishment. We are still rated as one of Montego’s best for different reasons. Therefore, as ‘yardiemom’ vents because of her experience, I encourage you to make Jerky’s one of your own experiences. Any problem can be directly reported to management. Jerky’s welcome all input and advice.
Providenciales
“Great food...wonderful Jamaican Experience”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The jerk chicken "sort out", rice and peas, "proper"...food "mad up...mad up"...those are all Jamaican slangs explaining how we enjoyed the food. The location was great, it was a mix of tourist and locals. The beers were nice and cold to go with the wonderful home-made pepper sauce. Great place to visit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank originalshane
Delaware
“Good Food!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Visited Jerky’s with my friends a few times, while vacationing in Montego Bay. The food was amazing but the place was a little crowded. We all enjoyed our food because we visited like 3 times. Will definitely visit again in the future!

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Good”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great food, I would suggest trying the Pork and the peas and rice that was a great dish, The staff could have been a little nicer

Visited July 2013