“The El Greco is a tressure, a great find! Value resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Greco Resort

El Greco Resort
Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The El Greco is a tressure, a great find! Value resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

Located directly across the street from Doctors Cave beach, the El Greco resort hotel is a real gem. Warning - This is NOT a Sheraton or a Marriott so if that is what you are used to and what you want or expect, stay at a Marriott or a Sheraton. This is a nice, quaint, quiet, private, small, local, friendly resort. More of a hotel really, does not have all the ammenities you would normally associate with a "resort". Having said that, I had an absolutley WONDERFUL stay here. The place is clean, my room was spacious and inexpensive. The location was ideal. Less than 5 minutes from the airport and with specacular views. The food at the restaurant was FANTASTIC. Total local flavor, I had the chicken and the curried goat with rice and peas (beans) - both amazing dishes. People were very friendly and most accomodating. There is an elevator to take you down to street level - which is The Hip Strip". Cross the street and you are at Doctors Cave beach. My stay included a free pass. This is a true value resort, very comfortable and very affordable. I paid $75 a night. There is an on-site commissary where you can purchase drinks and small grocery items. Proces were not inflated. I did not cook, I ate out or at the hotel restaurant, but my room had a full kitchen. The pool is small, but more than adequate. There is a bar near the pool. I would recommend to my friends and most definately will take my family here for a budget vacation.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank peterkoke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
italvegan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

I am not a fan of large scaled tourism-especially in Jamaica. I find it disgusting, and can't stand being in places like Negril and Montego Bay. But El Greco Resort was a beautiful spot for the couple of days that we spent in mobay before heading out to country and before returning home. We stayed in a 2-bdrm that we got a great price via seejamaicacheaply.com. $150/night vs more than $200. This includes breakfast, passes to doctor's cave beach, big spacious rooms with comfy beds, full kitchen etc.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank italvegan
Wetaskiwin, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

We didn't think our time in Jamaica could be better, but this (non) inclusive resort was perfect. Real value for your money. Staff were loving and made you feel like part of the family.
We booked on line, and had the 1 bedrom with kitchen and sitting room.

The bar/resteraunt was great. The pool was cleaned daily and it was nice fresh water.

The view of the sea is spectacular Every seat in the open air covered eating area is the best seat in the house.

Complimentary breakfast each day. Both Jamaican and Canadian/American fresh juice, blue mountain coffee. Complimentary beach passes daily to the Doctors Cave Beach. a 14 floor elevator ride down to the "hip strip" and across the street from the bank and post office.

What ever you need the staff are very accomodating.

We cannot wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SexsmithTrish
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

This was our thrid trip to Montego Bay, and the first time we stayed at the El Greco. Overall the staff we encountered were friendly enough, and we chose this hotel because of its location on the Hip Strip and near Doctors Cave, our favorite beach. But when we got there we were immediately disappointed. This property is in need of a serious facelift. I would describe the condition as run down and dingy; the decor as tacky and second rate. Our room was near the street and the noise was definitely noticable. It seems management tries to cut corners wherever they can and it definitely shows. The "all inclusive" breakfast was a big disappointment. This was supposed to be a romantic vacation with my husband, but due to the accommodations it had the opposite effect. I love Montego Bay, but next time I'll spend a little more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pajill88

Travellers are raving about these Montego Bay hotels

KIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Good price, Great value for money. Very friendly staff, clean rooms: actually apartments with a kitchen. Good enough restaurant with complimentary breakfast daily. Wireless internet available at a reasonable price. Excellent location for business or play.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed at El Greco last March 2009. I was travelling with my sister during march break. We wanted a reasonable, comfortable hotel but we did not want the `spring break` all inclusive experience. El Greco was perfect. The rooms were very spacious, clean and well equip with a TV, and full kitchen, living space and one bedroom with two single beds. Although we did not cook it was useful to have a fridge for drinks.

The grounds were well kept and beautiful. The pool and dinning area were just ok.
The breakfast was very good. Portions were large and they gave a choice of Jamaican or American breakfast with juice and coffee included. The waitresses were very pleasant and always made me smile.

We stayed for about 3 days and we would go down to the Doctors Cave beach which just across the street from the hotel. See, the hotel is situated across the street from the main beach area and there is actually a beautiful birds-eyev iew of the beach. The hotel has an elevator that goes right down the beach level were you simple cross the street to entrance of the beach and main strip. However during our stay it was out of order for two days. So climbing 14 flights was not fun! When it did work the arrangement was perfect.

The hotel has alot of security and is very safe and quiet. We found alot of business ppl stayed there making it a very calm and relaxing experience. SO for those ppl looking for the resort experience this is not the place. I would stay at el greco again!!

• Stayed March 2009
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

My flight was cancelled and I needed a place to stay near the airport. A friend recommended El Greco and I'm so glad he did!
It was about 2 miles from the airport, so definitely convenient. Check-in was easy, and even though it was only a few minutes I had to wait for my room to be ready, I was offered a complimentary drink at the bar! Very nice!

My room was HUGE!!! I had a one-bedroom suite! There was a full kitchen, full fridge, bar, I was overwhelmed! Had I known, I would've invited some friends over to make dinner and have a party! ;)
A/C worked well, there was a TV with about 120 cable channels and a nice verandah.
Everything was very clean too.
I went to the restaurant for dinner and had a yummy dish of baked chicken with steamed veggies. It was exactly what I wanted and again, the service was friendly and quick! (I usually wait at least 45 min to be served, but not the case here!)
The view from the dining area was gorgeous too! The dining verandah looked out onto the water. Simply beautiful.
Even though I stayed only one night, I got a call from management inquiring how my stay was going! I was blown away!
El Greco knows hospitality and if I were to ever be in MoBay again, I would definitely stay there!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo