“Absolutely perfect.”
Review of Richmond Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Richmond Hill Inn
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Absolutely perfect.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. My boyfriend and I splashed out and spent the last night of our Jamaica vacation at Richmond Hill. It was New Year's Eve. The entire experience was absolutely perfect. The view is amazing, the premises are stunning - great landscaping, cute decorations, lots of outdoor space to enjoy the pool, the view, or a book, the rooms are excellent (fridge, comfy bed, couch, balcony, nice bathroom) -
the restaurant, though it's not always open, "made a little something" for us on New Year's Eve which was one of our favorite meals of the trip (and was complimentary!). Great food.

The best part? All of the above pales in comparison to the warm-hearted women who run this place. They seem to get so much joy out of making their patrons happy. We loved them and their service!

It should be noted that the other couple at the hotel when we were there was a couple celebrating their 19th wedding anniversary - they had gotten married at Richmond Hill.

We had a very peaceful sleep and were told to keep in touch.

I highly highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great. Note - if you're fit, it's a quick walk from downtown - it...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

If you are staying in Montego Bay and want a wonderful experience away from the maddening crowd then stay here. This wonderful place is well worth finding. It is owned by a wonderful family who live on the premises. The rooms are delightful and the view from the main house is really awesome. You can see the entire bay from up on this hilltop. The house was originally built by the Dewar's (Scotch Whisky people) and the current owners bought the house a long long time ago and having lovingly taken care of it. You can tour the house. The home made breakfast is fabulous and they will cook you anything you want. The two sisters Gracie, Gayle and their mom are the most delightful and wonderful people.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank June D
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Loving Gracie, Gayle and Mom. Warm Hearts and support at my wedding. Respect! Really wonderful people. Firstly, the view is amazing and is a wonderful place for good lovely day or private event. Also, rates are reasonable and somewhere you would want to stay during vacation time or quite time. Definitely, staying there again soon. A lot of blessings!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sirdre
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Richmond Hill's beautiful setting along with a spectacular view of Montego Bay is Incredible. On several occasions while vacationing in Montego Bay, our driver have driven us to Richmond Hill where we're reminded of how simple and sweet life can be. The most memorable visit was when my fiancé proposed to me years ago. Richmond Hill has a special place in my heart.

Respectfully,

Debbie

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Glen Mills, PA
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Grace and Gail did a wonderful job of hosting a cocktail party that I set up for 20 coworkers and spouses. I told those attending the night would be memorable and it was. Great views, food, drinks, and ambiance!

Well done Grace and Gail!

Craig B.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank cebakes
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was last a guest at Richmond Hill in 1982 but my return was well worth it as we sipped our rum punch beside the pool overlooking Montego Bay for our final sunset on my recent visit.

The rooms were clean and we had a great view, breakfast was a selection of local fruit, toast and local coffee. We were made very welcome by Gayle and her staff who made sure we were well cared for, right down to helping us heck in on line for our flight

Room Tip: Top floors probably have the best views but it looked as if each room had a view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JacquieMcD
new west
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We decided to have our wedding at richmond hill aka hotel grace because it has a great view, but that is the only thing good about it. First when we arrived two days before our wedding grace who ive been in contact with for over a year was nowhere to be found, and we had to speak with her 83 year old mother about everything that was supposed to have already been planned but she had no idea. Then the big day came and everything was a DISATER! there where 2 huge dogs walking around during my wedding, grace stopped me in the middle of my photo shoot to tell me i was rueing her dinner and it was gonna be cold so i needed to hurry up! then she got on the mic shouting at everyone. after the wedding i asked for my money back as i was no longer going to spend the night. thats when we were cursed and asalted. the food was soo bad no one ate it was not cooked or prepared properly we went to KFC after the wedding, they stole my wedding favors and when i asked for my knife and cake server i was told i should go buy another knife cause they were aluminum foil and not a big deal at this point i had to restrain my husband. My wedding day was a big disater thanks to grace, her mother and her sister even my guest are talking about how rude and lacking of customer service they are. dont let the view fool you like it did us the property is old and run down and not worth it. These people should be put out of business!

Room Tip: dont go there!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple