“excellent service, great location and the rooms are comfortable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 24 August 2012

stayed here for a week and couple days. i felt safe being there and i liked the fact that the airport is very close by and the hip strip is also not far from there aswell. the room that i stayed had a balcony and a small kitchenette, pretty decent. I got excellent service and i enjoyed me stay in montego bay

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank lemar2k6

Reviewed 16 August 2012

After traveling around Jamaica, I needed to spend the night in montego bay to catch a flight th next afternoon. Colin, the owner of ridgewood, was fabulous. Honestly it was one of the most warm and welcoming experiences I've had in a hotel. The place is perfectly clean and convenient if you need toget to the airport. It's family-owned. Colin spent the morning driving me around the city. We ate porridge a juicy patties and he dropped me off at the pharmacy and beach. He went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, and was just a genuinely generous person. It was such a unexpectedly pleasant goodbye to Jamaica. Also the price is very good.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lizachka
Reviewed 17 April 2012

i stayed at ridgeway from march 27th to april 2nd . let me tell you. this place was better than much more expensive places i've stayed in mo'bay. this is my 5th time coming to jamaica and i've stayed all over the island.the rooms are real clean ,the location is right by the airport.and most importantly the rooms were very affordable.you have to catch a taxi down the road to get some real good jamaican food but the taxi's are cheap.there is a rental car place right beneath ridgeway so that was perfect because i had to drive to kingston for a few days.the owner offered to drive me to the airport on my departing flight.i've stayed at palmview guesthouse, big apple hotel, gloria's hotel and others and this place is my top pick.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank green e
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We visited Montego Bay in February 2012 and Collin and the Ridgeway guest house made the trip feel safe and secure! We were four girls and we were really happy to stay in such a safe place, and yet in the middle of the real life, not in a resort. The prices were reasonable, rooms were really nice and clean and the location is rather good. It is near the airport and there is a private beach (guarded and safe, entrance fee around 5 dollars/day) within 15 minute walk or 3 dollar taxi ride. The owner Collin was really really nice, picked us up from the airport and took us there when we left, helped us with all the things we needed. There was also a car rental place in the ridgeway complex, so it was easy to rent a car for a day and the prices were good. All in all, Montego Bay was a nice place as we wanted to see Jamaica but felt that Kingston would be a bit too much for us. I could really recommend Ridgeway to someone who wants to stay couple of nights near Montego Bay before continuing to other sides of the island. Nice and comfortable with good price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank katariina H
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My girlfriend and I had an overnight stay at the Ridgeway Guest House last year as we were in Jamaica for my sisters wedding which was taking place at the Beaches Resort in Ocho Rios. After spending a week at the Beaches Resort, I was somewhat disappointed because it didn't feel like the Jamaica that I had expected. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time with my family and friends, but the resort seemed to be missing that "something" that makes visiting a different country special. I had made arrangements to stay at Collins' place in Montego Bay the day before our flight back home. Collin was awesome! He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our room. The rooms were spotless and I genuinely felt at home. After talking to him about our trip, He basically could not have us leave the next day without experiencing a little bit of the real Jamaica. He took us around in his car showing us the best places to go and, most importantly, where not to go. After a quick tour of the "strip," he dropped us of at this place called the "Pork Pit." Now if your into "jerk," then you must stop there! Most AMAZING jerk chicken I've ever had!! We then spent the rest of the evening bar hopping the strip until 2 AM. My experience at the Ridgeway Guest House was over a year ago to date, but i can honestly say that day in Montego MADE my trip... and its all thanks to Collin.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ericrnunez
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed here one night because we had a flight out at 6:30 a.m. and were told we needed to be at the airport at least 3 hrs. early (not true, btw). The Ridgeway is right across from the airport.

The pros: We had room 6 with 2 queen beds, the place was spotless, had a/c, fan, refrigerator, coffee, safe, good shower. We had a private balcony with a view of the water. We were able to get free wi-fi in our room.The owner (Colin) took us downtown to shop and got up at 3:15 to take us to the airport!

The cons: There is nothing around the guesthouse. It is right next door to the Univ. of the West Indies and there is a small, hot snack bar but it closes at 7:30 p. and they were out of food when we went. There is no place to get snack or drinks. There is a hotel w/restaurant about 2 blocks away but it is up a very long and steep hill and it is quite a hike. And, there is a disco bar nearby that plays loud music from about 10:00 to . . . it was stilll playing when we left at 3:15!

If you are coming in late or leaving early, this is a very convenient place to stay . . . and Colin will do everything he can to make you happy.

Sandy (in Denton)

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank behrens1
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The owner is friendly and goes out of his way to accomodate guests. We(four adults)stayed for four nights in January 2012. Colin picked us up at the airport, answered many of our questions that we had about the area, explained how to use the local transportation and took us to the local bus station(a main hub to catch buses going to and from tourist destinations around the island). Since our expectations are not based on a 5 star resort scale, we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2012