“Very cute guest house by the airport”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Chicago, IL
“Very cute guest house by the airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2006

We stayed at Ridgeway Guest House in July, during Reggae Sumfest 2006. It's a cute guest house on the hill, right across from Sangster International Airport. It's a short drive to the Hip Strip, Dr.'s Cave Beach, downtown and St. Catherine Hall (Sumfest venue). A little too far to walk on a hot day though....

The room was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning worked well, and our balcony gave a view of the garden (fruit trees on the property), and the airport and ocean. There is also a car rental on the grounds if you're planning to drive.

Colin is a wonderful host. He lives on the property with his family and is eager to help you out, or offer some advice on where to go and what to do.

If you're looking for an affordable place to stay, particularly during Sumfest, or if you're just passing through Montego Bay, I would recommend Ridgeway.

• Liked — Well-kept, and very nice host
  • Disliked — Too far to walk to the Hip Strip and beach. Would've been better with a car.
  • Stayed July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
8 Thank JATraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2005

Once again I must say that Ridgeway Guest House is a home away from home, plus it is located just across from the Airport. After spending ten wonderful days at this house, I would like to say a big thank you to Colin for making our stay a success. If you are looking for somewhere that is affordable, comfortable and homely this is the place to be. My friend and I were well taken care of...... everything that we needed we got. There is not a restaurant on site but we were given a microwave, fridge, kettle, iron and board and anything else that was needed to make our stay more comfortable. There is also a rental car agency on site which we got a very good rate from. I will certainly introduce this cosy place to anyone who is thinking of staying in the Montego Bay area. Special thank you to Calvin, Fay and Greg from Beaumont Car Rental.

• Stayed October 2005
11 Thank Loveme2
usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2005

I went to this hotel expecting too much I guess. When I arrived I was shocked to find that this hotel is directly across the street from the airport. There was NO restaurant, no pool, no garden, no nothing. Nothing was convenient and when I asked about food I was told that I could walk across the street to the airport to use one of the restaurants located inside of there! This is crossing a MAJOR busy street in a third world country!
I can say that the room was clean and the air conditioner was sufficient so there were a few decent things about this place.

If you drive and are looking for just place to lay your head and be close to the airport then this is the place for you, otherwise do NOT stay here. The pictures are VERY misleading and the place may look like this from a certain angle but there is NO view of the ocean from your balcony, only weeds, electrical wires, and the back of other buildings. After seeing this place in person, I decided NOT to stay and proceeded to go to a different hotel.

Put $20 more dollars in your hotel budget and go down the road to Gloutshire, Decameron, or Doctor's Cave you will be much happier.
Honestly, I wouldn't keep my pet at Ridgeway!
No wonder it has NO stars!

• Stayed July 2005
18 Thank MsNubian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2005

I went to Jamaica for holiday recently and spend 2 days at Ridgeway Hotel
I would like to thank Collin for his warm and friendly welcome, as I was his first record breaking guest to check in at such an early time in the morning. Thank you for a good holiday Collin!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2004

I just came back from Jamaica a few days ago, where I stayed at Ridgeway Guest House and loved it very much. It was very clean, comfortable and affordable and of course felt like you were at your own home.

A big thank you to Colin and Beverley for their hospitality and for making my trip a success; I will certainly recommend Ridgeway Guest House to my clients.

November, 2004

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2004

I have just returned from a visit to Jamaica, where I had a wonderful time. I stayed at Ridgeway Guest House in Montego Bay, and visited Doctors Cave, the Craft Market, the shopping district, and made a day trip up to Mandeville, in the mountains. The highlight of my trip was Ridgeway, a lovely little Inn, where Colin Tatem was a most hospitable host.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#11 of 14 in Runaway Bay
Montego Bay Club Resort
Montego Bay Club Resort
#33 of 61 in Montego Bay

Been to Ridgeway Guest House? Share your experiences!