I got married this past July of 2012 at Sandals Montego Bay. This was our first time to a Sandals resort and we had decided we wanted to have a destination wedding which included myself my fiance and 6 of our closest family and friends. From the moment we arrived on property they did everything to make our stay special and were so attentive to detail. Our wedding coordinator, Venecia, was there every step to assure I had everything I could imagine wanting. Our room was in the Concierge Penthouse Honeymoon Suite. We saw the butler rooms as well, let me tell you, hands down ours had the best view of the ocean and was in a nice quiet location- highly recommend. I would suggest these rooms over the others although I do not know what it is like to have a butler so I can't speak to that. The concierge was a nice feature for planning meals for all of us even at restaurants that do not typically seat 8 together. We were lucky enough to have the best waiter in the world, Robert, at the Oleander Room for our honeymoon dinner and also at breakfast on the deck many mornings. Robert made such an impression on us and I hope Sandals sees what an amazing worker he is. The staff here will treat you just like family.
Let me speak to some of the things I was concerned about before going to MoBay. The planes- yes they fly over head through out the day and they are loud for about 15 seconds. It did not bother us or affect our stay what so ever. We were never woken up by any planes.
When you arrive at the airport there are people who will bring your bags to the buses which then take you to Sandals. These people are not employed by Sandals and will ask and expect a tip for carrying your luggage. We tipped of course as Jamaica is an extremely poor country but I just want to point that out so you are aware- workers employed by Sandals are not allowed to ask for tips.
The country is poor, when you go out to the market you will have people trying to sell you things up close and personal. This can be very uncomfortable for Americans as we aren't used to it. The Jamaican people are some of the sweetest in the world and are just trying to make a living. Be smart about where you go and do not go off alone, but do explore the nearby Market next to Sandals Carlyle, it will really give you a feel of what Jamaica is outside the hotel walls.
Speaking of, our family/friends stayed at Carlyle while we stayed at Mobay and it was absolutely perfect. Carlyle is half the price but you can take the buses to the other two near by properties and meet up at any time, they run every hour. It was a great compromise to us having some alone time and paying more since it was our wedding/honeymoon but they were also satisfied because they didn't have to pay as much. I will say there is a big difference in what is put out for food between Carlyle and the other resorts, to be expected as it is much smaller.
We did do once excursion on our honeymoon which was the doonbuggy tour. It was neat to go out and see the country side and I am glad we did it however for the price I wouldn't do it again it was probably the only thing I wasn't extremely satisfied with because it cost us about 200$ total! We did get some nice pictures though and if the price was less it would have been better!
The snorkeling on property is amazing but very choppy we had a few people sick one day and they stopped bringing people out after our tour but it was awesome to see the life in the ocean. There are many things to do on property. You will never be bored! Please message me if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to offer more feedback!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay