My husband and I stayed at Sandals Montego bay for four nights late october. Had a great time! We had a first floor walk out right by Stewfish. Perfect location to the beach. The first floor walkout couldnt have been more convenient. Beach was great and we even swam into the evening as it was so nice and warm. We ate at Tokyo Joes (sushi was blah but rest was good), Stewfish (our favorite to sit on beach), and Cucina. We thought the food was all good overall. We didnt try Oleander because of the pants policy and we just didnt care to wear pants when you have other options. Breakfast buffet was good too. I called ahead to make reservations for dinners. They didnt want to do it but in the end I won. Loved the piano bar and cricketeers. Staff were great. Check in, check out...all no problem. Would go back for sure especially since its so close to the airport. We also enjoyed snorkeling. Those boys were very efficient on getting us out to snorkel and back. Loved it.
My only thing to mention as a drawback is that nobody could answer a question...and if they did, it was not to be taken as true. I accidentally called housekeeping (meant to call front desk but thought they could answer my question) and asked where the ice machine was. Housekeeping had to transfer me, she didnt know. Front desk said on the end of each building. I went there and there was no ice. Called again...she said maybe go up or down a floor. Ok I did and found a crummy cooler that i had to chizzle ice out of. No big deal but that is how all of our questions went. Nobody could answer a question unless it was their exact job. Wierd. I asked the girl working at the jerk chicken lunch place if a table was open and she shrugged. She was on the grill side not pizza so she couldnt help us or tell us who to ask. I asked the girl working watersports how much the catamaran tour was and she said i had to go to the lobby to find out. Ok really, nobody has asked that and you work in the watersports hut. It just seemed like they were not working together. I asked for water one day and the girl i asked sent me to somebody else who sent me to a third party to show me where the self serve water was....all minor but just annoying. Maybe just cultural differences and not a big deal at all but maybe something they could work on.
Yes we would love to go back and hopefully will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Destinology, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay