“Sandals, NEVER AGAIN”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
“Sandals, NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my first trip to a Sandals Resort. I have been Jamaica 5 times in less than a year and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree resort. This trip we stayed a few days at the Holiday Inn and then a few days at Sandals for a friends renewal. From the moment we walked in we wished we were back at the Holiday Inn. Our friends felt the same way. The customer service is horrible. They make you feel like you are a pain if you ask for something. In fact, my friend sat at the bar for 15 minutes (it wasn’t busy) and no one came over to get her a drink until she put a $5 bill on the bar then they came right over. The employees see fake and don’t help with anything. Don’t’ even think about asking one of them about something on the resort, every one responds we don’t’ know and walk away. The service for the renewal was even worse. The wedding coordinator was friendly the days before the event but the day of the event when we had bad weather she disappeared. There are so many things I could type bad about this resort but honestly, the best thing for me to do is never visit a Sandals again and make sure everyone I know does the same. I’ll spend a 1/3 on staying at the holiday inn sunspree and get a more authentic experience with great staff and great food. One last thing to mention, the Sandals Montego Bay Resort basically sits on the runway of the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 123canny
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
We're so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. This is certainly not our standard and we would like to correct the situation and make things right. We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to turn this around and offer the luxurious experience for which we are known.

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to making contact with you regarding this matter very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,267)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We visited in October 2013 along with 2 other couples and let me begin by saying that there is not enough room here to truly do justice and touch upon all of the amazing things that can be said about this resort. From the moment you arrive you are greeted and treated warmly. The airport reception area with air conditioning, drinks and snacks is a nice welcome and from this moment on you really don't have to lift a finger for the duration of your stay in Jamaica. The beach area is fantastic, food in all of the restaurants is great, piano bar & pub are entertaining, rooms are comfortable...but what really sets this resort apart is the staff. A huge shout-out goes to the following team members who truly made this a vacation to remember, Alton for being such an amazing contact on arrival, Javed, Shannaynay & the Romaine's (wait staff in the pub & restaurants) for being unbelievably gracious and accomodating, Camille & Damar for treating us like royalty while on the beach, Kendria (of the entertainment staff) for her incredible energy and sense of humour. The smiles on the faces of every member of this team, every minute of every day are a true testament to their commitment to customer service. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort and hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: If you can, choose a room with an ocean view, so nice to sit on the balcony with a coffee or drink a...
1 Thank Barb T
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you so much for such an amazing review of Sandals Montego Bay! We can tell that you really enjoyed your stay! We are always delighted to hear our guests speak so highly of our staff and they really appreciate the kind words! They work really hard to make each guest feel welcomed and ensure they have a blast! We will be waiting to welcome you back and look forward having more fun times with you!
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is our second sandals vacation and it was better than the first. We stayed at Grand Bahamian last year and LOVED it, however, I didn't review it because I was a little heart sick over the fact that it was right after Hurricane Sandy and the docks were destroyed and we missed out on the private island and ALL water sports. The pools were FREEZING. And a little upset Sandals didn't offer at least a little compensation :-{ I thought for sure they would since we missed out on so much. We had a great time despite all that, and I will compare the two., (We also took a day trip to Sandals Royal Caribbean and LOVED It, too! I reviewed that one but only my POV from a day trip)

So, onto Montego Bay. WOW, we just had a great time from start to finish. In the airport, we were whisked to what I guess was Club MoBay, which we are NOT a member of (which I may consider next time) but they escorted us in there anyway. WHAT A RELIEF! Not sure why we were allowed in there, but maybe to give us a taste of what it is like. I was able to change into a more comfortable dress in an immaculate bathroom, eat snacks, drink tea and my husband got a Red Stripe. We then were (quickly, btw, probably because we are not members, but after A LOOONNNGGGG customs and immigration line, it was a welcome break) taken to the bus where we waited a bit too long. You have to tip the baggage guys AND the driver (I mean you dont have to but it's expected. No big deal) My husband was offered pot as soon as he sat down, we are not insulted but politely declined. You will get asked this alot, esp. the men, just tell them no and they are fine with it.
In the Bahamas, there was literally a desk and a folding chair in the airport, that was very strange. No one ever explained that one to me. But that flight was short and so I didn't really care. I needed it after my 2 flights to Jamaica.

ARRIVAL:
After long flight it is PRICELESS to have the resort 5-10 min drive. OMG. that is the best. The enterance isn't as good as other sandals, but it's deceiving. Its very open and beautiful on the inside. After given those wonderful towels upon entering..and NO ONE letting you lift a finger (and these are Sandals employees so no tipping needed) You are whisked into a big room, given a drink, and check in is handled. Its a group check in, the same as Bahamas, it doesn't bother me one bit but it was later in the day I wish I could have gotten my water sports and restaurant reservations done then..more on that later.

CHECK IN AND OUR ROOM:

Check in was great, they escorted us a LOONNGGG way to our room (which turned out great for us) we booked the lowest category room and were given an UPGRADE to Cottage 19!!! We had our own private (private meaning you are sharing with maybe 4 other people..) beach! I almost died. The room was small but gorgeous, dressing area with two sinks and private bathroom! This was my best surprise of ALL. I was elated. The bellhop said we are allowed to swim all we want..we were treated like actual adults, where I feel like if we were in the states, we def. wouldn't be allowed in that water! But after a loonngg day I loved to sit on that beach and let the water run over my legs, it was something out of a movie. AND SO QUIET! No problems sleeping WHATSOEVER. The planes are NO BIG deal, last 10 seconds, it is actually worse at Royal Caribbean, they take much longer to pass.

POOLS / BEACH:

The ocean water AND ALL THE POOLS were at least 80 degrees! No matter what time of day, the ocean and pools were at the perfect temp, you never had to get "used" to it...it was absolutely wonderful. We would swim at the pool bar until 230am! it was still warm! if anything the hot tubs were too HOT :-} This includes Royal Caribbean, their pools were the same. Everyone says the pools are small but beaches big, I think the pools were fine and the beaches were big and pristine. The Grand Bahamian pools were HUGE and gorgeous, but you couldn't swim, so it was just eye candy really. We also didn't have a problem getting chairs.
On our first day, we got there late so we just ate at Cricketers, which is perfect for bar grub. delicious.Service was awesome. Not sure who the young man who was our waiter there, but he was really attentive.

NIGHT TIME ENTERTAINMENT:

The nighttime entertainment was pretty good, I actually liked Karayoke at Bahamas better (there is no karaoke here), and the piano bars were better at Bahamas, but here it was decent. Huge shout out to JOSH, piano player who played Human Nature by Michael Jackson that was spectacular. He was funny and really nice. VERY talented. Just a word, seems like things never really start on time in Jamaica, which is fine. At Grand Bahamian, things were on time and ran smoothly. Didn't bother me, that's just Jamaica, no worries mon. If you like house music and dancing until 5am, Cricketeers is the place. Not my thing, but people loved it. I liked that it was 3am and I could order food, get it TO GO and eat on our bed. PERFECT. No need to sit and wait for waitress service, just order from the bar.

RESTUARANTS:
We tried to make rest. reservations the next day (at the first opportunity) and the girl gave us a bit of a hard time. Gave me a look when I said we checked in yesterday, when I told her the desk was closed by the time we got there (4pm) she was a little more understanding. She then told us ALL THE REST. WERE BOOKED (just an observation, we looked at all the rest. everynight that we were there and there were a TON of empty seats! so dont listen when they say this. Be insistant. A little annoying but whatever) My husband insisted and ended up getting reservations to each restaurant.(Another thing, we showed up an hour early to one of our reservations and the host didn't blink an eye and gave us a table right away. PERFECT. Exactly what we expect with a half empty place.) We ate at Toyko Joes (better than the one in Bahamas) KATYANNE (I may have gotten her name wrong,but please give her recognition) was our server, she was EXCELLENT!!!! That place was amazing. WE sat by the water on each of our dinners. We got so lucky. We also ate at Stew Fish, again, right on the water, ROMAINE was our server and he was amazing, respectful and the view...our feet were in the sand and we heard the water the whole time. Just perfect. Then we ate at the Italian rest. which may have been my best meal. A girl with the name TONI was our server, and she was just as good, GENTLE, polite and attentive. I hope these people are given recognition.
For breakfast, Bayside is good, homemade omelets YUM! And you get to eat in the shade on the water! However, I will say..no enough "sweets" at this place, only a couple danish and things like that. In Bahamas, the breakfast was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Much more selection, more pastries and just more variety. I missed it a little bit! but this was still good, don't get me wrong.In Bahamas, you could get cookies and cakes whenever you wanted. MOBay only had an icecream station. If you like espressos, coffee, you are in LUCK! There is the most amazing coffee expresso machine my husband visited everyday. It's right outside the Bayside. You can serve yourself, too.
In Bahamas, they had a wonderful tea time (tho, nothing beats tea time in Royal Caribbean!) there is NO tea time in Montego Bay :-{ but I was so busy I don't think I would have time!

For lunch, we would order pretty decent pizza from the grill on the beach (although they seemed to get our order wrong alot) dont expect real Margarita pizza! it's just regular pizza, but still good. You can get sandwiches and all that. The greek salad was different but good. The portion sizes are small but that's FINE since I never finish and you can order as much as you want.

WATER SPORTS: They were a breeze. We signed up the 2nd day (the one girl at the desk was NOT friendly, at all I was a little disheartened, since Jamaicans are so warm, but whatever) We signed up for Glass bottom boat and snorkeling. The other sports (tubing,jetski,sailing) you just walk up and sign a paper and GO! NO LINES, no waiting, it was unreal. Sailing and tubing were our favorite. Glass bottom boat was cool but dont go after a night of drinking :-}

For sailing, make sure you know what you are doing. My husband is capable and took us on a great sailing trip multiple times! But there was a couple who had no clue and got stuck out there :-{ But, the guys on the beach watch over you and they will come on a speedboat to rescue you if you need. Snorkeling was one of the best I've ever done. And again, no big fuss, you just get on, short boat ride and go.And you can do it as often as you like! Ive heard this is NOT the standard at other resorts that aren't Sandals.

BARS:
Cricketers is great for a COOL place to drink, we played Jenga and had a blast. BUT PLEASE GET MORE DARTS FOR THE DART BOARD! They only had two and we couldn't play. It sucked! We also played shuffleboard. So fun to play old school game with your love and a drink in your hand.POOL BAR was our fav late night treat. After dinner we would get in our suits and swim until 3am. Always a seat, bartender right there handing you your drink. A word to the couples: Take a swim along the little "lazy river" in the pool bar, it's secluded and romantic!

The main bar was pretty good as well. Another word - this isn't always "couples only". They hosted young dental hygienists there doing charity work which I think is great, but dont expect all couples! My husband and I were swimming at the pool bar late night and about 7 young girls all jumped in! We laughed but it probably would upset others. But again, no biggie. It's nice to go to a resort where no men are leering at your wife. No "sharks" around if you know what I mean!
THE SPA:
I liked the Royal Bahamian much better, they let you shower before, after and gave you robes, shampoo, razors, etc. Their showers in Bahamas are TO DIE FOR and if you buy just one service, you can use their facilities the entire time. AMAZING! Not so in Jamaica. While the receptionist (not sure of her name, but she IS WONDERFUL! young girl with braces...she is amazing) and reception area is really nice, there was no time for me to shower beforehand OR after, they just escort you out which kinda sucked. HOWEVER the massage was one of the best ever.
HOUSEKEEPING:
REALLY well done. If you didn't want them to make up the room when they come in the morning, you can call by 4pm and they will come back!! Our maid was GREAT! She called me "princess" and hugged me when I left (and she knew I didn't tip her since I was already walking out, so she was genuine) I wish I got her name, she was warm and efficient. I left out personal and expensive stuff by accident and nothing was touched (they do have safes in the room) She also said "Welcome Home" when I arrived. So sweet.

Also, since we were at the end of the resort, it took" forever" to walk places. This didn't bother us, as we like to walk as much as possible to work off all the food and drinks. But honestly it wasn't bad. Plus, it was quiet. And on one of my late night beach swims, a security guard was actually there asking if I was Ok. So I felt pretty safe here. We didn't leave the resort except to go to Royal Caribbean. If I was there longer, I would have done some excursions, and visited Sandals Carlyle, just to see what it was like. Royal Caribbean seemed to have the younger crowd..but I think that is just all by luck.
Random note about the drinks, before I left I did a "video chat" with someone from Sandals and he told me there was NO champagne or sparkling wine on the resort (that is all I drink!) THIS IS NOT TRUE! They have it in spades at all bars.
Best drink hands down:Dirty Banana. I think my husband drank 10 a day! haha!

I dont know when we will be back to a Sandals, but I would do this EVERY YEAR if I could!!!! Sandals has my business for life. I am HOOKED!

PS: SANDALS really needs to figure out the tipping thing! We go to Sandals because of the no tipping rule and I see people getting tipped. it makes me feel low for not doing it! I was told they get in trouble for accepting tips, but I am not sure. Just remember it makes others feel really bad for not doing so. Even so I would return to a Sandals in a second!

Room Tip: We booked lowest category to save $$, and I talked to someone in those rooms and said they are small...
7 Thank Meghan D
We're so thrilled to read about your amazing stay at Sandals Montego Bay. It's always so encouraging to know about the great experiences our guests have on resort. I'm happy that you enjoyed our beautiful property, our fine dining, luxurious accommodations and the genuine hospitality of our staff.

Thank you so much for your review! We can't wait to welcome you back in the future!
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our first visit to Sandals Montego Bay was in Oct 2011. Our stay on this visit was Oct 24-31st.

This place is just amazing. One cannot put it into words and it is tough to explain, if you have never experienced it. Jamaican people are LOVELY. The staff at Sandals Montego Bay are unlike any other we have ever encountered and you can see from all of my reviews, we travel frequently and all over. The people at this place treat you like you are truly home. They wait on you hand and foot, without you even asking and expecting NOTHING but your good time in return. The staff here genuinely cares if you are enjoying your stay. I know you are thinking, it can't be that great, but it is. On this trip we encountered ONE, ONLY ONE, less than friendly person within the Sandals staff. I will not put them on blast here, I have sent an email to customer service at Sandals and that is the appropriate thing to do.

First, a couple of things I want to address.....PLEASE READ THIS!!!!! This resort IS just in the back of the airport and airstrip. It is literally a stones throw, so if you choose this resort, do not then get on here or any other place and put up bad reviews because the airplanes are loud. Of course they are load, they are JET PLANES. The trade off for me is we were wheels on the ground 11:50 and in our room by 1:00. I was sitting in the concierge check in office with a cold drink in my hand by 12:30. This is after going through customs (there were 3 flights that landed within 15 mins of each other so this was not the quickest process in the world), retrieving our luggage, riding to the resort, dropping luggage and walking in the air conditioned office. I will gladly listen to airplanes so I can have my toes in the sand in the shortest amount of time as humanely possible. With that, they do not fly superduper early and stop around 8 or so each evening. It is fun to wave good bye to the planes and count the days until they are waving good bye to you. So again, don't choose this resort only to come on here and complain about airplane noise.

The food was good on our last visit. Make your reservations when you first get there. Think about where you want to eat BEFORE you get there. I have a template that have the daily activities on it and the nightly entertainment info, this may help you make some decisions before you get there so you can just hand it over when you get there. That is what I did this time and it made it really easy. If you want it, PM me. Keep in mind it can change BUT in all honesty, it hadn't in the two years since we were there. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND - depending on when you travel and the capacity of the resort, these two things determine how many people they sit and reservations they take.....if it is off season, they are likely not going fully staff every restaurant. Empty tables does not mean they are not busy, it means they are only staffed for a certain number of tables. So do not act like you are 3 years old when you do not make your reservations, see empty tables but can't be seated. If eating at places that require reservations is important to you, BE PROACTIVE and make them early. Do blame others for your short sidedness. With that, understand they know weekly what their capacity will be, and they staff accordingly, this is not the Holiday Inn, Sandals is about personal service. If you want cookie cutter, go somewhere else.

Sandals MoBay is the flagship Sandals resort. It is old, but updated and more than comfortable. The food is good, the atmosphere is fun. Yes, Sandals is about couples and romance but I think it is important to understand that among the Sandals resorts, MoBay is considered the party location. This, in our opinion is true. You can be as romantic as you want to be. You can have all the romance there is to offer with moonlight dinner on the beach, flower petals in the room, warm bubble baths and champagne...it is all there and readily available. BUT, there is also a lot of play time. Myself and my significant other love to play. We are both competitors, both as a couple and against each other. WE LOVE TO PLAY, it does not matter what it is, checkers, cards, jinga, water volleyball, tag, volleyball, Minute to Win it.....if there can be a winner and a loser, we are in. We met competing and it has been a part of our lives since childhood and continues in our adulthood. You can choose to be as romantic as you like and/or as playful as you like. You will find both easily. Both the first time and this stay, we met many couples like us that love to play, party, laugh, dance and just have a good time. But we have also met some couples that we saw only occasionally that care only to dine by candlelight and enjoy only each others company, that is totally cool here too. You will never be pushed to do anything you do not want to do and they will accommodate most any wish you have. If you play with the Playmakers, you earn points. The more points you earn the more swag you can get. Sandals necklaces, other wares and yes, Rum. Many do not realize you can earn points for the various activities each day, but you do, that is why they ask your name and room number. With that, the Playmakers are WONDERFUL. While we were disappointed only a few were remaining from our first trip, we made fast friends with the "newer" playmakers and looked forward to them daily. It is important that everyone understand that the Playmakers work 16-18 hours daily. They are up and out playing by 9am every day and they are responsible for the nightly entertainment every night. Often times, after the nightly entertainment you will find them in the auditorium rehearsing for an upcoming performance....they will even show up late in the night at the Cricketer to hang with their new friends. They are ALWAYS on and they smile and love it.

I know this is long, but I want to provide good information for those that are doing their homework. I studied resorts and Tripadvisor for months before I picked Montego Bay. I am so happy I did. While I knew what to expect, it was so much better than expected. I love this place. As I mentioned, we love to play, on our 3rd day in, I twisted and dislocated my left knee playing water volleyball. I was not going to let this destroy my vacation. Thankfully Romario had a knee brace I was able to borrow, and I had some paid medication that I was able to take. In all the stuff I had, I did not have advil for inflammation, however, several guests provided what was needed. Particularly there was a couple from Ireland originally but now from Orlando that crossed our path the first night this happened. We had been down to dinner and it was simply swelling too much for me to stay up on it and we were headed back to our room on the THIRD floor of the Almonds Building. They kindly asked me what happened, I explained and they insisted I stay right there until they got me some advil. Between that advil every 6 hours, the brace and the cream that Romario had given me, I was much better the next day. I spent my days lounging by the pool, I could hobble to the pool and bathroom and someone was always bringing me something to drink. I was completely fine. Every staff member that crossed my path asked if I was ok, doing better, or if there was anything they could do or get me. I mean EVERYONE, even one of the chefs. I was well taken care of and looked after both by new friends and the wonderful staff of Sandals. Honestly, they were as bummed out as I was that there would be no more activities for the week for me. Happy to say, no surgery for now, doing some physical therapy and healing each day. Many ask how or why, well I play sports for 22 years, simply wear and tear.

In closing, we love this place. We love the people that work here, we love the people we meet here, we love new friends and old friends from this place. We will always travel other places because there is simply so much to see, but we will ALWAYS come back home :) We rebooked for 10 days in November 2014. We are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving in MoBay next year.

Room Tip: We love the Almonds Building. They are renaming the room levels but the Almonds building on the 2nd...
9 Thank Kiym
We're thrilled to see that we were able to not only meet but also exceed your expectations the second time around. We love to hear our guests boast about their amazing vacations, especially our return guests. Thank you so much for your review.

We can't wait to welcome you home next year!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is the original Sandals resort from which all the others sprang. As you can imagine, it is not the most modern establishment but they have maintained it well, despite a few areas showing their age. The resort is fairly small and compact and it sits at the end of the runway for Montego Bay Airport. The upside of this is that the transfer from the airport to the resort is just a few minutes. You can guess the downside!

All the restaurants are good, though the main dining room's buffet selections became very samey very quickly. Our choice as best restaurant was the traditional Jamaican one, which was outstanding.

One real annoyance here was that every morning when we got to the beach early we were the only ones there and yet all the sunbeds and shaded areas had already been reserved by other guests' butlers (we did not book a butler room - perhaps we should have!). To be sitting there seeing these prime locations being unused all morning was very irritating.

Nevertheless, our stay was made most enjoyable by the staff, who were without exception friendly and helpful. The bars were fun and the full (included) mini bars in the rooms made life very easy!

Room Tip: Consider booking a butler room - we would if we were to visit again. They help with packing/unpackin...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CJWWW
We're glad you had such a great time at Sandals Montego Bay. We always strive to offer amazing experiences and we certainly hope that you return for an even better stay in the future. Thank you so much for your review!

Happy Travels!
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I were given this trip for a present from her parents. At first we were a bit skeptical because it was Jamaica and we read some of the reviews. When we go there we both found that the reviews are all wrong.

Pros -
Close to the airport, however this can also be a serious con (but maybe 15 jets fly over a day that really are loud and bug you).
The staff was wonderful all the way around
The fact there were no kids
All the activities they have available for you
The excursions - I wouldn't recommend doing the long trip to Dunns River Falls and Mystic Mountain hung over or if you where looking for a relaxing time. Very nice to see Jamaica but to give up 10 hours of the day was a bit much. The booze cruise and snorkeling was fun
The room was great - fully stocked bar, close to the entertainment, and very clean. We had a "walk out beach room" and it was not on the beach nor could we really see it but we where close to all the action so it was just as fun for us
concierge service - is a must, you don't do the normal check and your bar is stocked, you also get free wifi which is great because we did all of our texting through facebook chat so we didnt have any international fees
Couples dinner- totally worth it, private dinner on the beach
Beach Party - this was the first night we got there so we were a bit shy but we met several people. They make it the only thing open so you have to join everyone (which I think is a great plus)
Food - the food was pretty good at the Cucina and Tokyo Joes, Tokyos is a stir fry not a hibatchi, drinks were better then most inclusive resorts
Other resorts - you could go to other resorts in the Sandals chain
Property - it over all was very well kept

Cons - This property is older but they have taken care of it. You can tell its not super modern and its a not a mega resort. The pools are not top notch but I don't go to the beach for the pools. The airport being close but you get use to it. The price for pictures and excursions are high but this is typical

Overall we felt safe, the people were amazing, the beach and water were outstanding and we had a blast. I would recommend this to anyone looking around Jamaica for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MikeWhitDfw
Thanks so much for your review of Sandals Montego Bay. We're happy to see you had a wonderful vacation with us. Seems like you enjoyed every minute of your vacation. We can't wait to offer you another great stay in the future!

Happy Travels!
milwaukee
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Sandals Montego bay for four nights late october. Had a great time! We had a first floor walk out right by Stewfish. Perfect location to the beach. The first floor walkout couldnt have been more convenient. Beach was great and we even swam into the evening as it was so nice and warm. We ate at Tokyo Joes (sushi was blah but rest was good), Stewfish (our favorite to sit on beach), and Cucina. We thought the food was all good overall. We didnt try Oleander because of the pants policy and we just didnt care to wear pants when you have other options. Breakfast buffet was good too. I called ahead to make reservations for dinners. They didnt want to do it but in the end I won. Loved the piano bar and cricketeers. Staff were great. Check in, check out...all no problem. Would go back for sure especially since its so close to the airport. We also enjoyed snorkeling. Those boys were very efficient on getting us out to snorkel and back. Loved it.
My only thing to mention as a drawback is that nobody could answer a question...and if they did, it was not to be taken as true. I accidentally called housekeeping (meant to call front desk but thought they could answer my question) and asked where the ice machine was. Housekeeping had to transfer me, she didnt know. Front desk said on the end of each building. I went there and there was no ice. Called again...she said maybe go up or down a floor. Ok I did and found a crummy cooler that i had to chizzle ice out of. No big deal but that is how all of our questions went. Nobody could answer a question unless it was their exact job. Wierd. I asked the girl working at the jerk chicken lunch place if a table was open and she shrugged. She was on the grill side not pizza so she couldnt help us or tell us who to ask. I asked the girl working watersports how much the catamaran tour was and she said i had to go to the lobby to find out. Ok really, nobody has asked that and you work in the watersports hut. It just seemed like they were not working together. I asked for water one day and the girl i asked sent me to somebody else who sent me to a third party to show me where the self serve water was....all minor but just annoying. Maybe just cultural differences and not a big deal at all but maybe something they could work on.
Yes we would love to go back and hopefully will.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Half Moon
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!