From Arrival at the Airport to departure back to the Airport, everything was excellent. We travelled as a group of 4 all with different tastes, however none of us could find something to complain about. My room was perfect for our stay for the amount of time you spend there, closet a bit small but workable. Our travelling companions were in a club room which gave them a little more space than we had. Housekeeping done a wonderful job everyday.
The food, while we all had different taste buds, we found the food to be very well prepared and tasty from the morning buffet, the beach grill and pizzeria to the evening dinner. not one bad experience in any restaurant. A little long (2 hours for 4 people) in the O'leander but it is fine dinning.
The beach was maintained perfectly and more than met our expectations. While the pools are small they served our purpose. This is mainly a beach resort, pool side is limited.
All the staff from all parts of the resort were very friendly and helpful in all aspects of our stay. The welcome back reception and dinner was very informative and appreciated.
The only excursion we did was one that is not offered by the resort but is called the Blue Hole (Secret Falls) in Ocho Rios. I have also written a review for this (http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g147312-d1997485-Reviews-Blue_Hole-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html) Check it out worth it.
We did take the opportunity to visit the other 2 Sandals resorts in Montego Bay but never spent enough time in either or utilized the restaurant facilities to really get a feel for them, but on appearance we felt we chose the correct Sandals resort in Montego Bay.
DO NOT concern yourself with the fact that you are beside the runway.. after day 1 you will not even notice the planes.
Overall I would return and would recommend this resort to other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Destinology, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay