I typically do not write reviews regardless of how much I enjoy or dislike something. But I could not withhold my satisfaction from our recent trip. Just returned this week from 5 days at Sandals Mobay to celebrate my wife's 40th. I am already trying to figure out when we can return. The service absolutely blows away anywhere we have been before on any continent. Thanks to the advice from previous reviews here on TA, I went ahead and upgraded to Butler level room, money well spent. Mykal and Nasha were our butlers and made the stay even more incredible.
Everyday when we returned to the room there was some sort of surprise awaiting us.. i.e. hot bubble baths, cheese and champagne, etc. with little notes written in flowers. Understand I am a trained MMA fighter so sensitivity isn't necessarily my strong point. But even I was some what swept up in the paradise and romance that was created by the entire staff and the location. While Mykal and Nasha were the ones we dealt with most directly, the entire staff from managers to maintaince was so cheerful and accommodating, I truly was in awe of what appeared to me to be a genuine desire on everyone's part to make our stay the most pleasant and memorable possible. We stayed in cottage 12 upstairs. The only thing I would change is to upgrade to downstairs, the view and beach access seemed a bit better. The beach had plenty of great chairs and our butlers always had a tikki umbrella and towels saved for us if we requested, The water and sand were perfect (they groom the sand each morning). We dove with the resort boat twice. Great reef dives right off shore. The whole water sports team was great. Our dive masters Patrick, Big D, and Fast car were extremely knowledgeable, safe, and helpful. The grounds are manicured exceptionally and I don't think I saw one piece of trash or loose cup the entire week. The resort is somewhat older compared to others we have stayed in, and even other Sandals resorts from what I understand, but we stayed in the Bayroc area which is a bit newer, and the rest of the resort was updated and in great condition. Dinning was superb at all restaurants, however the majority are seated open air, which is quite pleasant, we just didn't bring correct attire for this. A problem remedied by a few trips to the resort gift shop and some other local stores. The gift shop actually had some decent not so touristy items for better than expected prices. With the exception of the sunscreen (it will run you about 4 to 5 times what it does here in the states). We sprung for the candle light dinner on the beach an absolute must (I think it was like $170). The resort is directly adjacent to the airport runway, which is great for commute from airport, but you do have the noise from planes departing. However there are only a few each day and by the middle of the week most of the guest were joining in the tradition of waving to each plane with the staff. The fitness center was better appointed than most high end hotels, with plenty of cardio equipment, machines and even a pretty decent amount of free weights. We did not have the opportunity to use the spa, but other guest were really impressed. Whether you are looking to just relax in the sun and enjoy daily drinks or participate in the adventure tours or included water sports, you really can not go wrong with this resort. I was actually quite surprised at the diversity in age of couples as well. There was a great mix of people from their late 20's to one couple we talked with who were in their 80's and had been there for 2 months. I really can not recommend it enough. Our only problem now is deciding whether to even try a different Sandals location or keep returning to the paradise we now know and love.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelbag and Holiday Gems so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay