We were at Sandals Montego Bay (SMB) last December to celebrate our wedding anniversary and be there for Christmas and New Year's Eve because every time I've been at a Sandals, we imagined how it would be to spend this time of the year in paradise.
So, let's see how it was ...
1) After spending more than 1 hour at immigration, arriving at Sandals MoBay did all that time worthwhile. 3 people were waiting for us with cold towels, warm greetings and welcome drinks. It seemed that they knew we were coming back to our home away from home. This reception was much better than the one when we had a butler, a few years ago (so we never booked this category any more). The room was ready and we got a super upgrade. The cleanliness of the room was always impeccable including cleaning the bathroom with towels changed twice daily.
2) We are divers and we were eager to hit the water in paradise. We are used to the treatment received at Sandals but this time, we ended up disappointed. At SMB we had to carry all the heavy equipment from the watersports into the boat, like BCD, fins and even the weights, which are 8-12 pounds each! And at the end of each dive, take it all back and wash. None of the other times we've been at a Sandals we had to do this. In addition, the SMB dive staff was not very friendly (except for Rochelle that took good care of us, everyday). As I need an extra help to equip myself in the water, no one has worked hard to meet this need, except the captain Winston. So I felt myself bothering the team and not being pampered by them. We thought things had changed for the worse. We had a pleasant surprise when we decided to dive at Sandals Royal Caribbean (SRC) and realized that they take care of all equipment, as used to be at SMB. THIS is Luxury Included! The staff recognized us as returning guests who have already dived with them in 2009. We must mention the staff names that took good care of us: Tamara and her beautiful smile and friendliness, Gilbert (Gilly), Shaq, Paul and Brian. Congratulations Devon for your excellent staff. Everyone were far beyond what they just need to do.
3) We met Daniele, the Cuccina Romana restaurant manager for a wine pairing and he was extremely friendly. He had a good knowledge of the wines and was very pleasant to talk to him. He always greeted us throughout the day and when we went to Cuccina Romana we had an extra special treatment. We felt like really distinguished guests.
4) A person we can not forget to mention is the Loyalty Manager, Mrs. Shaneca Duncan. We contacted her before arriving and she took care of everything from our arrival to departure. Whenever we needed anything, she was always ready to help. Took care of every detail and reminded us of all events. Thanks Shaneca for the fantastic upgrade, for the effort of getting the late check out, the companion and conversation during that lunch and the pleasant smile.
5) Our photo session with Omar, was fantastic. The underwater photographer and the one who took our photos on the beach (unfortunately we do not have their names) were also excellent. We had to wait too long to be attended at Photoshop. When in Sandals, on vacation, you do not want to spend 40 minutes waiting in a store (precious time). Nevertheless, the manager Cornelia assisted us pretty well and we even talked about future vacations at Sandals. Your care was also far beyond we expected.
6) The food was delicious in every restaurant we've been. The Christmas Day dinner at Le Jardinier (SRC) was amazing, with a special menu and a children's choir. The New Year's Eve supper was an excellent surprise: plentiful, delicious food, access to multiple restaurants with lobster, prawns, scalops, oysters, sashimi and sushi buffet, plus a special menu at The Oleander. Not forgetting to mention the chance of toasting with champagne by the sea at midnight.
7) Regarding drinks, besides the usual attention from the bartenders preparing excelent mixtures (thanks Romario), we need to mention that we love Behringer wines and we were very happy to enjoy Appleton Run again, instead of El Dorado. The fact that we can order our drinks by the beach was another pleasant surprise.
8) A negative point is to get dressed to go to a restaurant with evening attire dress code and see other guests in Tshirts and shorts or tennis shoes dining while you dressed accordingly.
Considering all these points, it was a great stay, awesome vacation and wedding anniversary and a perfect way to end 2013 and start 2014. We received our Sandals Silver Pendant and look forward to reach the Gold Pendant soon.
Thank you all for making us feel at home away from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems and Destinology so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay