We spent 6 nights at Sandals, our first all-inclusive resort trip (we've done resorts, but never all-inclusive) and it was great. The concierge service was very helpful, they always had the answers we needed! It wasn't too shabby to be greeted with a glass of rum punch upon arrival either! The food was OK - Bayside breakfast was a buffet - nothing special, but the breakfast at Cucina Romana was much better - cooked to order and more options. By far our favorite restaurant was Tokyo Jos, while there isn't a ton of variety, the food was consistently delicious and they put on a bit of a show (similar to hibachi, just not at your table).
The snorkeling is great (definitely bring your own gear if you have it, germophobes won't like reusing the snorkels - plus they tasted like soap!) if they talk you into doing the $30 per person snorkeling to Margaritaville, bring your own alcohol, a soda and mixed drink w/ the 2 souvenir cups was $35 USD!!!! They also take you to a duty free shop - the "sales associates" will follow you around and try to get you to buy anything you look at for more than 2 seconds, but know that you can definitely bargain with them.
Point to note: bartending at Sandals is NOT consistent. The bartenders in the main building (near the sky dome) are some of the best, and use real glassware. The beach & pool bars use jugs of pre-mixed cocktails and drinks were very inconsistent. BRING YOUR OWN INSULATED MUG. The cups they give on the beach are cheap plastic, many with cracks so they leak. The ice melts too fast and sand can get in your drink. Pack a LARGE (12+ ounces minimum) insulated mug, take it in the water, the sand, anywhere and you will save yourself a lot of time and energy running back to the bar and waiting in line.
Also - you WILL NOT get used to the planes flying overhead. Some reviews said it wasn't noticeable, I have no idea how you don't notice it. BUT, the staff waves everytime a plane flies overhead, so they have a good sense of humor about it!
Other than that, sit back and ENJOY! Its beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag and Destinology so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay