This was our first trip to Jamaica and will definitely not be the last. My husband and I totally enjoyed this property. This was our second stay at a Sandals and we are sold on these properties. The Sandals Montego Bay has a beautiful beach and it never really felt overcrowded. As with any beach destination the early bird gets the worm if you are looking to have a spot with some shade. Our room was located in near the piano bar in the building behind there (room 916). We opted this time for the Caribbean Deluxe Room, but we both agreed that the next time we would like a room closer to the beach and restaurants. The room was on the smaller side, but it was very clean and well appointed. I love that they provide lots of hangers for clothing and ample storage for other clothing items. The restaurants at this resort are all very good. You require reservations at the Oleander and Cucina Romana. We had an incredible dining experience at the Oleander, unfortunately we could not get into Cucina Romana because it was booked. I heard from other guests that this was also very good. Tokyo Joe's and Bayside were great for evening dining as well as the Cricketeer's Pub for casual fare. The staff work very hard to make your vacation enjoyable and go above and beyond to please. On the upside is that the resort is a very short 10 minute drive from the airport. The airport runway for takeoffs is just behind the resort, BUT VERY HONESTLY THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE and in no way bothered us at all. You can also take the shuttles to visit the other two Sandal resorts in Montego Bay and take advantage of their resorts as well. Definitely visit them if you have the opportunity. A visit to Red Lane Spa is also a real treat. So nice! The grounds on the resort are beautiful!
The staff, what we can say about the staff.....THEY ARE AMAZING. They are hardworking and wonderful. They would definitely make us return to this resort. Shout outs go to Dalton (take the tour with him to Negril if you have the opportunity), Cornell, Kacy and Tevin (bartenders at the beach bar), Tameka (on reservations), Dawn (manager), Dalton (Bayside), oh my gosh so many others that went out of their way for service.
If you do have the time I highly recommend the Sandals Foundation tour to visit the children at a school. This was undoubtedly the highlight for me. They stole my heart and I will do it again on my next visit to this beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay