This was our 6th trip to Jamaica over 25 years, 4th to a Sandals, and 2nd to MOBAY. We found the excelled in some areas, very good in others, and and up short in others. But overall a very enjoyable week. We enjoy MOBAY area hotels because you do not waste preceious vacation hours getting around the island. Because we were upgraded to a Presidential Suite (with semi -private pool!!), we were in the hotel reception lounge within 20 minutes of receiving our luggage, as there was a private car waiting to take us to the resort. Our friends who did not have that service were not far behind and enjoyed a Red Stripe in the Sandals Lounge at the Airport.
We were told it would be an hour wait for our room, which considering our early arrival (11:10 at the hotel) was not a big deal.. Used the time to re-aquaint ourselves with ourselves with the resort and have a few drink or two.
We had booked a Beach Front Butler Villa Suite and found we were upgraded to Presidential. Beautiful room with great living room, bar, and beautiful bedroom. Only complaint is lack of walk in shower, and poor water pressure. Have to be careful getting in and out of tub. Room location excellent. Semi private pool outside the door and just beyond that the beach. Centrally located on property so close to everything. Our butlers, Shoval and Shaniel, were outstanding. With a special shout out to Shaniel as we saw her more often.Always a smile on her face, and despite being constantly on the go, never made us feel ike we were putting her our or getting cheated anyway. She constantly checked up on us during the day, would surprise at the pool with tropical drinks to try, and would always spend time during the day chatting and getting to know us and giving us a laugh.
As I am now rambling will get into some simple bullet points:
-Food very good for the most part, especially breakfast outside at the Bayside! We love "brekkies" and never waited too long for an omelet and the buffet wast just fine.
Many options for lunch where you cant go wrong.
-If you are a pool person you may want to consider a different property as the pools are comparatively small, though I will say never had to wait too long at swim up bar, especially when servers got to know you and your drink preferences. That said, if you are more of a beachperson this is one of the biggest and finer beaches you will find at any Sandals, and they keep it very clean,
-The staff, with a few exceptions, were very friendly, especially the ladies in the gift shop. Despite the non tipping policy, did find some staff fishing for tips on our last day ( tipping of butlers is expected)
-By coincidence We just happened to be there on Reunion Week, and because of our Sandals history recieved some gifts and were invited to take place in some activities, most of which we chose not to participate in.. My only complaint about reunion week is that at the swim up bar and restaurants, you are surrounded by many "cliques", who can sometimes be a bit loud and obnoxious. I get it that they are there to have fun. We all are Some of them walk around like they own the place and feel the need to impart their resort wisdom on normal folk.
-Entertainment, though sometimes a little long, has been upgraded, with more outside acts performing and not the standard Playmaker shows.
Overall, we always have enjoyed Sandals and this time was no exception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Prestigia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay