A really great vacation! Had a wonderful time but had a few negatives we want to point out for anyone traveling there. Overall, this was a luxurious, pampered, well rested vacation. Food and drink quality was great. Quite a number of couples got married there during our stay.
The staff is super friendly and upbeat. But they're not allowed to accept tips, but are very appreciative for them.
Rooms were great, open bar in the room, included, sodas included, food included, toys for the beach area such as snorkel and floats NOT INCLUDED! come on guys, had to pay $90 for snorkels, really?! Snorkels are reserved for people going on the snorkeling excursion. Still, there's more included than on most cruises! Beware of the water sports booth, they really try to push you to the not-included, expensive activities! This is separate from the island routes desk inside the main building.
The resort is right next to the airport, but with very limited take-offs/landing, it's really not an issue. You won't notice the planes.
No ATM on site, costs a $20 taxi round trip. They want you to stay on the resort, but bring in vendors that only take cash,, go figure.
Some advice, rent the cabana for a day, it's worth it! Beware of the sunset dinner, bugs will eat your husband alive, and the bug spray doesn't help!
And you can't catch one of the lizards, they're too quick!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Destinology, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay