My wife and I accompanied our best friends to the resort and I must say the view is breath taking, weather perfect, water warm, and excursions great; especially Dun's River Falls. However,our trip soon took a negative turn in the following areas; service, employee interaction, respect, attitude, attention to details and race. The lighter your skin complexion the better you are treated. Service was below expectation, employee interaction below par in most cases down right deplorable. Over the course of our five day/ four night trip, we soon learned that race made a difference how you were treated. Actually we where stunned that we had to track down servers to get our drinks refilled, get service at our table, and on a few occasion we had to demand that same treatment as the rest of the guess with lighter skin complexions. The attitudes of the employes toward us at times was disrespectful and I had to asked several times what was the problem because the last time I checked, we paid the same amount as the other guess. On one occasion the bartender tried his best to refuse to sever me drinks because " he was not open", but had just severed another guess of a different color. Not to harper on all the negatives without recognizing three positives events. The young lady working the pool area was great. She made sure she treated all guess equal. The young lady who maintained our room was impeccable. Fresh towels, bed turned down each night, and room remained clean and fresh. We managed to encounter one young man working the bar who actually knew how to make a drink and had a great personality. Moving on to the other negatives. Music was awful. We went to Jamaica to enjoy the Caribbean music, food and way of life. However, the music was tailored to those who love my achy breaky heart and lost on key largo. The food was strictly American focused like pizzas, burgers, and chicken wings. We actually complained and finally received some authentic Caribbean food, which was excellent. Oh I have to mention the other restaurant Tokyo Joe's, and two others, one which served Italian and the other French cuisine. Who goes to Jamaica to eat Asian, Italian and French cuisine. REALLY. I brought each issue to managements attention and was given the most insulting response " no man we treat everyone equal" No Worries. They are right when they say there are no problems in Jamaica, just situations. This situation was my last at a sandals resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay