“The best place to stay! Hands down!!”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
“The best place to stay! Hands down!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This resort is by far the best resort to stay In Jamaica! The staff is phenomenal hartlond,Vinceno,vanni, the best playmakers u could ask for and Joseph the chef was awesome!! Peter one of our waiters and dellon wer exceptionally courteous and very good at what they do! And don't forget about my boy twelve who runs the water sports like nobody's business, all around sandals Montego Bay!! I will be back very soon!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Christophermcelya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,229)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Loved everything that Sandals had to offer. Our wedding was outstanding can't wait to return in 13 days for our 1st anniversary. The cake/food was outstanding the staff knew us by name Big Al goes above and beyond.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sabrina W
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

To begin, my girlfriend and & I are both in our lower 20's and this was our very first all inclusive vacation ever. I must say we had a great time will barely any complaints. We stayed at the resort June 19-25th. Before going I would read negative reviews and was second-guessing my choice of this resort. But everything people said is WRONG! This resort may be the first Sandals, but I didn't think it was dated at all, it is really a beautiful resort and very clean. The food was so good, all I wanted to do was eat. My personal favorite was when they had the beach party buffet. The drinks were great, a little watered down but hey it makes you last longer because you start drinking the moment you wake up, well at least I did. Don't overdue the drinking because you'll literally waste the next day being hungover(I loved chilling in the pub in the night dancing & drinking). The beach was amazing, I never in my life saw such baby blue water and it was so clear. We really enjoyed the water sports!!! We did everything besides snorkeling, which I was sad about. We stayed in the honeymoon veranda room. Our view was nothing more than amazing. I loved our room. It wasn't to big or too small. Really liked that we had a walk in closet. The very little complaints I had was that it took awhile to get into our room every time because of the room key. We had to get it switched several times which was a little annoying. Although all the workers I had contact with were VERY VERY respectful and nice (I couldn't believe how genuine the workers were), I met one that really annoyed us one night that was serving in Tokyo Joe's. We got there 15 minutes before it closed and looked at us like we were stupid and gave us attitude. I guess she wanted to leave work right at 9. i think people should really make use of the shuttles that day you to the other Sandals in Montego Bay. I really liked Royal Caribbean's private island. And I also enjoyed walking the HIP STRIP near Sandals Carlyle (must visit Margaritaville). All in all it was a great vacation and really can't wait to go back. YEAH MON!

Room Tip: Honeymoon veranda room was the way too go! Enjoyed the concierge lounge.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marcus R
New Holstein, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We arrived on the 5th of July of our vacation and we've stayed here before; and we brought 4 other people with us this time. Check in was on time and Alford was very pleasant and then I told him we upgraded so he took care of that too. We upgraded to the Honeymoon suite which was nice. Only thing we can say is that we didn't get waited on like in the past the first few days and after it was like normal. Not sure if it was off season or what but seemed totally different the first few days; also not as busy which is okay with us. I did have one bartender roll her eyes at me at the swim up bar because I wanted ice in my beer. We usually are treated with such respect and they know who you are the moment you walk into the main bar or any other of the bars. We'll go again and stay here because we've had such awesome times here in the past; this time was good but not excellent like past visits.

Room Tip: If you get a room ask for a view of the Caribbean side because the views are amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LouBelle59
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We truly enjoyed our trip to Jamaica. We especially enjoyed the friendly staff- (concierge staff)-Kimberly Campbell, Anna-Kay, Nicquette Clarke and Roxanne, Alfred(manager at Bayside) Pechnella Sinclair, Karma Foster. These set of staff are the friendliest people we have ever met!! In addition the restaurants all serve delicious food. The scenic sites are incredible!! We definitely will be visiting again!! Thanks for an experience of a lifetime!!

• Stayed June 2014
St. Martinville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my husband and I 5th trip to this property. We loved it so much that we brought along our mothers this time..What makes us coming back is the all the workers at the resort. All of them go out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of. They work extremely hard and always have a smile on their faces. The beach is amazing! Greenish blue water! I would recommend the Walkout rooms. Walking out from your patio....you are literally just steps away from the beach and some action!! Our mothers really enjoyed themselves.. One required wheelchair accommodations and they made sure that her needs we're taken care of. They treated us like family. We plan to go back in 2016 for our 6th trip!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Second time back...on three years. Alfred and Shellina (sp) the front desk staff are fantastic! Jasino and all of the Playmakers are fantastic...much of the reason we come
Back is due to staff and their hard work at keeping all the guests entertained. There are beautiful beaches and hotels that are more
Beautiful...but it's the people and the staff at Sandals Montego Bay that make it wonderful and why we came back to Jamaica 5 times in total. We Met Michael and Tracey and Hillary and Pete and Chris and Jessica and Thomas (not all the right names are together) and so many great people from across the country!!! Loved it...again!!!!

• Stayed July 2014