“Our first Sandals Vacation.”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I can't begin to tell you how great a time we had an Sandals MoBay. The grounds are clean very well kept. The staff is constantly working. They really make sure you are having an enjoyable stay. They made you feel like royalty, they would refer to my wife as princess or m' Lady. The word I would use to sum them up is "Professional". we had the "club level ocean view room", which includes the concierge service. Very well worth it. Now we have never been to Jamaica before this but I have to tell you, there's a reason they say "One Love". I was so sad leaving. We've already booked the next Sandals vacation for next year. So Happy.

Room Tip: Ask about purchasing Club Mobay VIP lounge and expedited customs for arriving and departing. Way wor...
3  Thank Mike b
Write a ReviewReviews (5,532)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me and my friend sayed here for 4 nights following a 3 night stay at secret st james. I preferred Secrets. The service was fine but not great it was just fine nothing outstanding. There is a big hype about Sandals so I was really excited about staying here I thought it was going to have a WOW factor but it did not. The rooms were basic and we had club level. The air con was rubbish and bits were falling off the jacuzzi bath. We had an oceanfront view which was absolutely breathtaking so I did appreciate that. The restaurants had fans but no air con so it was very sticky and sweaty at night. My phone got stolen at the Piano bar and the security and manager were very helpful on trying to locate it for me and a big thankyou for that! however, there was a blind spot in cctv for where it was stolen. the beach acitivities were great and included in the price. We did the sandals reggae cruise which i 100% recommend it was so much fun and was about $90 per person. People complain about the planes being loud but you go here knowing it's right next to the airport and personally i thought it was fun watching them fly over the hotel while swimming in the sea. The food was OK, expected more for a 5 star especially Sandals. The room service was poor they just brought it in and left where as at secrets they served it all out for you stayed in the room had a chat and were very friendly. Basically all the staff in secrets were friendly and had nice conversations with them and i cannot say the same for sandals. I can say I had a lot of fun but just not what I would of expected. I would probably return but for the fun not for the service, cleanliness or standard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Allana W
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first experience at Sandal's. My wife and I were celebrating both our birthdays and later had some long time friends join us for their anniversary. I cannot say enough about the resort, the staff, the location or the facility itself! EVERYTHING was top shelf!!! My wife and I have been on many different vacations over the years, but I have to tell you, this was the BEST EVER! You can do as much or as little as you want! the service is so far above the norm and all of the staff seem genuine and sincere. Sandal's? Oh Yeah!! Would go back tomorrow if I could!!! You WILL NOT be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Try to book closer to the main entry Hall. Rooms a little bigger and more convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 850Terry33
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a first timer to an all-inclusive vacation, I had no idea what to expect. Upon arrival at Sandals, we were met by some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They pretty much treat their guests like royalty. The room was very spacious and immaculate. The refrigerator completely stocked each day. The beaches are kept very clean. The pools as well. The entire staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. A variety of dining choices made things great too. Nightly entertainment for enjoyment with a host of great talent. A definite recommendation for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: Our room was given as a gift, so I can't speak about any others. All I can say is the one we ha...
2  Thank Todd L
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I visited the Sandals Montego Bay property for 7 days and had a great experience. This was our third Sandals vacation but our first visit to this location. The staff was just excellent. Our room was very clean and spacious. It was serviced multiple times each day and the in room fridge and bar was always well stocked. We did water sports almost every day while we were there. The staff is top-notch. They can teach to to sail, snorkel, scuba etc without intimidating you or making you feel foolish. The food was very good as well. We tried all the restaurants and really came away with no complaints. We had a wonderful dinner with the Sandals Select group. When you are a returning customer Sandals makes sure you know they appreciate you. If you have never experienced an all-inclusive vacation I highly recommend Sandals. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: choose beachfront walkout... opt for concierge level.
4  Thank KY_IT_GUY
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Although I have been to Jamaica several times, and I have been on several carribean, vacations to other beautiful locations all over the world, my wife and I wanted to step it up a little. 1st, the resort is beautiful. The room was very nice, bed was comfortable..Scuba Diving was great, The dive master, and Scuba staff did a awesome job..Overall, the staff at Sandal's Mobay where very friendly, and professional.. Now, where my wife and I was very dissappointed was the food.. The advertisement on Sandal's website, we felt was not we we received. Breakfast was great. The quality of the steaks was cheap. Toyko Joe's, was not very immpressive. I had scallop's that we're very rubbery.. very tiny shrimp on (2) occassions.. We didd'nt feel the premium drinks that was in our room we're up to par...And the advertised 24hr room service was over at 10pm.. We booked Sandal's based on friend's reviews, and what we saw on the website. For almost $5,000. dollars (6) nights.. We don't feel like we got our monies worth.. We will try a more upscale Sandal's next year.. Also beware, right next to airport, the planes taking off we're a little loud..

Room Tip: We had a ocean view room that was very nice!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Maurice J
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We love the facilities at Montego Bay especially the long beautiful beaches, the piano bar/swim up pool bar. Some of the help there is very friendly such as Leighton, Jacino, Terri-Ann, Mouse. However, we also had about 40% of the help act very unfriendly and almost rude at times. Overall Royal Caribbean's staff is much, much friendlier. We stayed at Royal Caribbean 3 years ago and visited again while we were at Montego Bay this time (a one day visit - stay at one, play at three plan). Verna, a special part of our first trip to RC, was still the bartender in the pool bar and we met 2 new friends, Garfield in the Cricketer and Hollywood playing volleyball who all made our visit to Royal Caribbean an absolute blast. We felt so welcome and laughed so hard that we cried. Garfield's laugh was contagious and made us want to come right back the next day. Hollywood was so crazy fun. Verna was her memorable sweet self sharing stories of her children and catching up with us. Of course we had to go to the private island while we were there. Overall, I loved both trips. Montego Bay was larger and had a few more water sports such as tubing and water skiing. Royal Caribbean has an amazing staff who make your stay a complete party and make you feel so welcome. The wonderful thing is that you can stay at one and visit the other ! What a bonus!! Thanks to those mentioned in this review and the others who made our trips memorable whose faces and kindness are remembered even if their names are not. Love, love, love Sandals!

Room Tip: We loved our room which was in SeaGrapes with an ocean view. We overlooked the piano/swim up bar an...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Sandals Montego Bay? Share your experiences!