“10 Days of Great fun, new friends, and a place I want to visit again”

Sandals Montego Bay
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was a great vacation. I had never been in the Caribbean before, but would definitely go back. The staff at Sandals Montego Bay said Welcome Home, and I did feel like it was home. When we asked for anything, our request was treated like we were the only ones there. We met new friends, 4 other couples from Nebraska and NY, and that made it even more exciting. We got to know some of the staff well, they treated us like old friends.

The airport is near this Sandals MB Resort and they do a lot of flying in the day but not in the night or early mornig hours. My husband and myself really didn't see it as such a bad thing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Beachfront Village and it was nice, some nights we could hear people playing shuffl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tina W
There are newer reviews for Sandals Montego Bay

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay with you was wonderful! We were pampered the entre time. The food was magnificent. The drinks were superb. The staff exceeded all expections; they were all exceptional. We were so relaxed. This was the vacation we both needed! We will be visiting Sandals again next year!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Veronica H
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall summary - Great place, very satisfied

Rooms - very nice. Older property so the rooms and bathrooms are smaller than newer Sandals properties.

Housekeeping - Outstanding. Probably the most under recognized staff at the resort. Rooms were consistently immaculate - not a grain of sand anywhere

Watersports - Great/well maintained equipment. Helpful staff. Unfortunately the staff takes a "break" from 12-2 everyday which is prime time for watersports (?) Not sure I understand that.

Bars - Well stocked with name brand liquors... Staff is friendly and there is always adequate staffing - never a line for a drink

Restaurants - Great menu selections, fresh food and excellent servers.

Clientele - Average age is 25-35 whose primary focus is the bar. Fun to watch all the craziness which unfortunately spills over into the nice restaurants - so if you are a non- drinker or intolerant of drunks you may want to consider another Sandals property.

Again an excellent experience/ property.

Safe travels!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MRR1234567
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I cannot say enough about how great this place is! This was my first trip to Jamaica and my first experience with an all-inclusive resort. The food was great and the staff very attentive. We had a club level concierge room and the view from the room was great. The resort is small, but it has everything that you need, so we definitely didn't feel like we were missing out on anything. The beach is nice and there are plenty of water activities. The vacation was worth every penny and I will definitely vacation with sandals again!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went here for our honeymoon. We were on a tight budget, but we wanted a great honeymoon. We ended up staying 12 nights, just so we could feel we got our money's worth on plane tickets. We were immediately greeted by super friendly staff. We were treated like royalty the whole time. We went during a pretty busy time (over Christmas and New Year's) and we had no trouble with good service. We never had to tip to get what we needed. The food was great and we loved the scuba diving. We are hoping to be able to make it back for our five year anniversary. One of the best memories of my life!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LisaPoe
Reviewed 9 August 2014

love sandals resorts but if you can swing it the higher level you go the better the room for sure. Well worth it for the views alone. The restaurants were fabulous. Room service was slow but I new that going in so I would order lobster to eat while I got ready to go to a late dinner. The playmakers are some of the hardest working people I've ever seen. We really enjoyed talking to all of the staff as they were so friendly. Do make your reservations so you can get into all the restaurants. I would suggest if you like to snorkel bring your own equipment as they only let you use theirs when your on the snorkel boat. I liked looking for conch shells over on the private Island. I had my own get, my husband did not.

Room Tip: get at least a concierge level with oceanfront.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrscalifornia02
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We truly enjoyed the "vibe" of Jamaican life at Sandals Montego Bay. The food and drinks were amazing. We highly recommend bartender Dr. Dre, waitress, Judian, and play maker, Jasino. All of those employees made our stay special and were sure to make each aspect of our vacation excellent. We loved our time at the beach, pool, and the excursion we took on the boat, "Red Dread" It was relaxing and we loved it so much we already booked our trip for next year.

Room Tip: Any room that is ocean front or near the Piano Bar
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple