My wife and I are travel agents that actually check out our suppliers’ properties, cruises, and tours. It’s all about ensuring our clients are matched with a vacation experience that meets their expectations. Earlier this month we spent a week at several of the seven Sandals and Beaches properties located throughout Jamaica. Sandals Montego Bay is a well-maintained, mature property that provides adults with an excellent vacation experience. While engaging in conversation with numerous guests, we learned that many are repeat customers. They like the beach, water sports, room accommodations, and the ability to take a Sandals Shuttle to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Carlyle Resorts located in close proximity.
Positives: (1) The staff is extremely professional and friendly. Sandals management works hard to select, train, and retain staff. (2) You have access to 19 restaurants (distributed over three properties) offering a variety of food, dress codes, and atmosphere to suit any mood or occasion. (3) The bars are well stocked with name brand spirits and experienced “mixologists” to ensure you don’t go wanting for a beverage. (4) Room accommodations vary from standard rooms to suites with Concierge and Elite Butler Service. Try the Butler service and you will definitely do it again on a return trip. They go above and beyond to ensure your needs are more than met. (5) For an all inclusive, we were well satisfied with not having to tip or pay for anything. NOTE: Golfers will have to pay for club rentals, cart and caddie, but not greens fees. (6) Scuba divers bring your certification and dive until your heart is content. The dive boats are well equipped and the staff is extremely knowledgeable. (7) Groups can have a ball on the daily catamaran sailings that offer, sun, music and an ample amount of rum punch, beer and other alcohol. (8) Sandals runs promotions for reduced airfare for visits during certain times of the year.
Negatives: (1) Arriving and departing the Montego Bay Airport can be a long and extremely tiring ordeal. Customs took us an hour to get through. NOTE: Save yourself the hassle and purchase Club Mobay Passes when entering and exiting the country. A representative will meet you shortly after deplaning and whisk you through customs. When leaving you check in at the Club Mobay Desk, then you are escorted to their lounge where you relax, have a beverage and snacks, and wait until they announce your plane is ready for boarding. (2) The facility needs attention and upgrades to some of the common areas, adjacent to the main desk. It reminded me of some of the art deco hotel lobbies in Miami with an out dated dance floor and stage. (3) Although minor, the intermittent plane noise is annoying. It goes away shortly after you began ingesting round three of your favorite alcoholic beverage.
Conclusion: Whether your vacation calls for exhausting yourself taking advantage of the motorized watercraft and scuba diving, or just “zoning out”; Sandals Montego Bay will more than fill the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Prestigia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay