Just got back few days ago. Loved Montego Bay. Overall the staff we loved the most were TeeJay, Kimberly, Andre, Richy Rich and Dane! We found the staff were either excellent or just so so...there wasn't consistancy between the Sandals employees...they were either super friendly and accommodating or just so so.
We had a second floor room which was spacious but very outdated and run down. The A/C didn't keep our room cool at all! There was tons of noise in the hallway because there was an open vent in the bathroom wall which let HOT air in too!! Disappointing!!
The breakfasts were excellent. Dinners were fabulous also. Service at breakfast was very slow...never got outta there in under an hour. Dinner took just under 2 hours also. Dane and Kimberly were by far the best servers. Coffee in the self serve area was often old and tasted bad...need to make it fresh more often.
Nightly entertainment was great!
We spent most of the time at the other 2 Sandals with very efficient shuttle service! Beaches at the other locations are gorgeous! !
Not great beach access from Carlyle and there are no ocean view areas from the hotel unless you are standing in the 6 foot door/enterance way.
We did like coming back to Carlyle at night for its quiet atmosphere and tiki torches and night swims in the pool! VERY PEACEFUL!
Mosquitos are bad!
We would return for the value, quaintness, delicious food and ability to shuttle to the other Sandals locations.
Jamaica MoBay area is BEAUTIFUL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay