“Greatest Staff”
Review of Sandals Inn

Sandals Inn
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had the greatest vacation ever at this location, solely because of the staff. They were all extremely friendly and helpful. Although I wouldn't rate other areas very high, the staff is why we had such a good time.We also had a butler by the name of Dennis and he made us feel like royalty. We were given a cell phone for calling him and we made use of it. We called when we wanted drinks, snacks, dinner reservations and even when we were heading to the pool. He always set up an umbrella and the deck chairs in a nice spot....then he would come by and offer to bring us drinks from the bar. We want to go back and just hope we can have him as our butler again!

Room Tip: Go with the penthouse rooms and sign up for the butler service.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,774)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I don't know where to begin, but I will tell you I had the most romantic, beautiful, relaxing vacation. I love Sandals Resorts. We were overjoyed with the service. From the luxury lounge with special treatment at the airport to Moreen and another greeting us with a hug on arrival, (so needed because our Delta flight experience was terrible) we were treated like royalty. Every turn was another so willing to make our stay memorable. Soft spoken Patrick got us a beverages and sat us in another lounge while they prepared passport paperwork at check in and helped us various times - so accommodating. Kimberly a sweet server answered so many questions we had about Sandals and the Island. Daurin was fun always a smile and a word or two asking about our day, getting us drinks. Robert made the best omelets each morning I chose a different one to go with a huge lay out of pastries, fruit, bacon, sausage, on and on. Sitting by the pool loving the white and blue table settings. Lush greenery all around. I also loved the white glove dinner at the Carlyle Restaurant and coming back from an excursion to casual round bar with up beat bartenders just wanting to please. Richard the entertainment guy was always dancing . . . it was fun. I tell you I am spoiled and not sure I could go to any other Resort. My favorite was Shane the photographer, a warm gentle soul, so nice.

Jamaica was gorgeous but had it not been for Sandals it may have been a different experience all together. It was just what I needed for our 30th anniversary. I loved the Caribbean blue water, the white sand beaches and constant breeze along with all the amenities offered at all three Montego Bay Sandals Resorts.

I went snorkeling in a glass bottom boat and saw all different types of coral on the reef as well as bright yellow and black striped fish surrounding me. The brilliant blue fish and purple and orange coral was better than I have seen anywhere. It was soooo clear. Having 20 restaurants to choose from between the 3 resorts and only a 5 min shuttle ride away and I think 15 or more bars was cool. Each resort had its own feel and loved coming back to the Carlyle, like coming home. I also loved when I arrived at the private Island at the Royal Caribbean the first thing said was "welcome to paradise". Lunch on the island was great! Jerk Chicken and Pork is delicious! You'll have to try a "Buffalo Soldier" a drink with a fruity flavor and quite a punch. I laid in the hammock and watched the clouds for a while and then floated in the pool for swim up bar and good conversation. If I heard it once, I heard it over and over: no problem, no worries, yes my lady, what is your pleasure. What a memory. Thank you ! WOW!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the pool side rooms on the 3rd level because we could see everything especially th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sauceyone
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Sandals Carlyle.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your 30th Anniversary celebrations at our resort and that your staff was able to make this already special trip, a memorable one. We love to create incredible experiences for two people in love and it's great to hear that you returned home with so many lovely memories. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Carlyle is a small quaint property where the staff welcome you like you are returning home....my room was lovely but no view. It's perfect for a short trip that requires little entertainment on property....it's close to the hip strip with easy access to Montego Bays night life just a few minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I have had the blessing of staying at all of the Sandals property in Jamaica. The Carlyle was a great experience. The staff is absolutely professional, personable and friendly. It is the smallest property yet it is intimate and very romantic. The real benefit of staying at the Carlyle is that you can visit the other two properties in Montego Bay. Special big ups to Kaveen who was a most gracious hostess and leader of the Soon Come Back desk. The only concern we had was our room was next to the kitchen and we were awakened early each morning with the clanging of pots, pans, etc.

2  Thank Brett S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I can't say enough about this vacation to Jamaica. Our stay at the Carlyle was the best ever. The room on the third floor with a balcony over looking the pool and the beach was perfect. The music from the band could be heard but not loud enough to even be a bother for us. And the staff, I can't say enough about all of them. From the time we arrived until the time we left we were treated wonderful. If I try to name them all I'm afraid I'll leave someone out. We went to Sandals Royal and Montego Bay as well. The beaches there are very nice but the best hotel and staff is at the Carlyle - quite and personal. We even like the public beach across the street. This gave us a chance to mingle with natives and not just other tourist. We will stay right here again when we return. Love all of you at Sandals Carlyle - The Letherman's

Room Tip: "higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DandEL2014
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We did feel at home at the Carlyle! It is small with the feel of family and friends. Besides the street noise it is a great place to relax and unwind from the real world. Not the place to go if you seek activities, it is the smallest of the Carlyle family, which is why we love it <3

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view, however only 2nd & 3rd floors have balconies.
2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just returned from another great stay at Sandals Carlyle.Thanks to Doreen ,Kaveen and Christopher for making it seem like our home away from home.
We had 2 butlers both Dennis and Kenisha who went above and beyond to make sure our every need was met.
My thanks to the rest of the staff especially Craig and Brenda who added to our dining pleasure.
This is our 8th time at Carlyle and we look forward to returning next year.

1  Thank OnJamaicalove
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
SeaGarden Beach Resort
SeaGarden Beach Resort
#22 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Sandals Inn? Share your experiences!