Sandals Inn
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$609
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$623
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$318
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
Half Moon(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
US$409
Travelocity
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$253
US$97
1,816 results
All reviewspublic beachbay windowother resortscarlyle restaurantnibbles grillstreet noisemr nibblessunset barmontego bay and royal caribbeancarlyle staffbigger resortssmall hotelshuttle servicehip stripthird floorshuttle busour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked the Carlyle to save a little money and still have use of the other resorts and we did spend everyday at either Royal or Montego Bay and they were both wonderful but I am so happy we spent our nights at Carlyle. We were able to get to know people and have a drink with them every night. Not just other guests but with the staff as well. From night one Orieco and Lamar were both incredible, so polite and ready to serve you. We came back from the other hotels earlier than we thought we would because spending time at their small bar was much more fun than the nightly activities at the other resorts. Richard was also a great activities coordinator. The guests who were there at the same time as us werent very into the activities that were planned but he tried to get people involved anyway. When people did participate it was always a blast. Mr. Nibbles (Kayon) was also wonderful. While we were having our snacks with him he would go out to the bar to get us drinks and make us delicious things like his jerk nachos and beef patties. Everyone we encountered during our stay there was wonderful. I would love to try another Sandals because they do it so well, but knowing how much I loved this one I feel like I would have a hard time trying a new one instead of coming back here.

Room Tip: If you book a room on the ground floor and they have some high rooms available the week before your trip they will call and offer you an upgrade at half price. I wouldnt count on this if you wouldnt be happy with a first floor room but we were happy we had the balcony.
1  Thank Amber G
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hello Amber,

We appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience at Sandals Carlyle. It's wonderful that you made so many lovely memories during your stay and enjoyed spending time with our fantastic staff members. They will be so pleased to hear of your kind mentions.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had the greatest vacation ever at this location, solely because of the staff. They were all extremely friendly and helpful. Although I wouldn't rate other areas very high, the staff is why we had such a good time.We also had a butler by the name of Dennis and he made us feel like royalty. We were given a cell phone for calling him and we made use of it. We called when we wanted drinks, snacks, dinner reservations and even when we were heading to the pool. He always set up an umbrella and the deck chairs in a nice spot....then he would come by and offer to bring us drinks from the bar. We want to go back and just hope we can have him as our butler again!

Room Tip: Go with the penthouse rooms and sign up for the butler service.
1  Thank Ken K
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I don't know where to begin, but I will tell you I had the most romantic, beautiful, relaxing vacation. I love Sandals Resorts. We were overjoyed with the service. From the luxury lounge with special treatment at the airport to Moreen and another greeting us with a hug on arrival, (so needed because our Delta flight experience was terrible) we were treated like royalty. Every turn was another so willing to make our stay memorable. Soft spoken Patrick got us a beverages and sat us in another lounge while they prepared passport paperwork at check in and helped us various times - so accommodating. Kimberly a sweet server answered so many questions we had about Sandals and the Island. Daurin was fun always a smile and a word or two asking about our day, getting us drinks. Robert made the best omelets each morning I chose a different one to go with a huge lay out of pastries, fruit, bacon, sausage, on and on. Sitting by the pool loving the white and blue table settings. Lush greenery all around. I also loved the white glove dinner at the Carlyle Restaurant and coming back from an excursion to casual round bar with up beat bartenders just wanting to please. Richard the entertainment guy was always dancing . . . it was fun. I tell you I am spoiled and not sure I could go to any other Resort. My favorite was Shane the photographer, a warm gentle soul, so nice.

Jamaica was gorgeous but had it not been for Sandals it may have been a different experience all together. It was just what I needed for our 30th anniversary. I loved the Caribbean blue water, the white sand beaches and constant breeze along with all the amenities offered at all three Montego Bay Sandals Resorts.

I went snorkeling in a glass bottom boat and saw all different types of coral on the reef as well as bright yellow and black striped fish surrounding me. The brilliant blue fish and purple and orange coral was better than I have seen anywhere. It was soooo clear. Having 20 restaurants to choose from between the 3 resorts and only a 5 min shuttle ride away and I think 15 or more bars was cool. Each resort had its own feel and loved coming back to the Carlyle, like coming home. I also loved when I arrived at the private Island at the Royal Caribbean the first thing said was "welcome to paradise". Lunch on the island was great! Jerk Chicken and Pork is delicious! You'll have to try a "Buffalo Soldier" a drink with a fruity flavor and quite a punch. I laid in the hammock and watched the clouds for a while and then floated in the pool for swim up bar and good conversation. If I heard it once, I heard it over and over: no problem, no worries, yes my lady, what is your pleasure. What a memory. Thank you ! WOW!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the pool side rooms on the 3rd level because we could see everything especially the Caribbean blue and interesting goings on outside the resort. Oh and you've got to do "White Night".
4  Thank sauceyone
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Sandals Carlyle.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your 30th Anniversary celebrations at our resort and that your staff was able to make this already special trip, a memorable one. We love to create incredible experiences for two people in love and it's great to hear that you returned home with so many lovely memories. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Carlyle is a small quaint property where the staff welcome you like you are returning home....my room was lovely but no view. It's perfect for a short trip that requires little entertainment on property....it's close to the hip strip with easy access to Montego Bays night life just a few minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola D
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I have had the blessing of staying at all of the Sandals property in Jamaica. The Carlyle was a great experience. The staff is absolutely professional, personable and friendly. It is the smallest property yet it is intimate and very romantic. The real benefit of staying at the Carlyle is that you can visit the other two properties in Montego Bay. Special big ups to Kaveen who was a most gracious hostess and leader of the Soon Come Back desk. The only concern we had was our room was next to the kitchen and we were awakened early each morning with the clanging of pots, pans, etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple