We chose the Carlyle because it was the cheaper of the 3 resorts. (Montego Bay, Royal, and Carlyle). We knew we were going to the smaller resort and that we could travel to any of the 3 resorts for free. It shows in the photos of the Carlyle that it has a nice beach with 3 sets of chairs and umbrellas for guest to relax in. Well that just is a full blown lie. It is a public beach that always has the locals at it. There are no chairs or umbrellas for guest on the beach and they must of just photo shopped out the shack on the right side of the photos where all the locals sit because in the photo its trees which is definitely not true.
We are a young couple that was on our honeymoon. We don't really mind loud noise most of the time but I kind of felt bad for the older guest that wanted to sleep at night. That same beach I was talking about that is right across the street from the resort is where the locals party all night with there loud car systems and yelling. We assumed they partied there because they could hear the Carlyles live entertainment almost every night for the guest, which was really nice. but then after the entertainment was over, the locals partied all night! and you could hear it!
We never stayed and hung out at the resort during the day and we noticed most of the guest don't. We would go down and have our breakfast which was really good. I would say that the Carlyle did have the best food out of all of the resorts.
We would take the free shuttle to Montego Bay for the day hang out until about 4pm when the water actives are over and then take the shuttle back and get ready for dinner and then take the shuttle back to Montego Bay for (reservation only) dinner. and then we would do the same thing the next day except we would go to the Royal resort. All the resorts are very close to each other, like a 5 min car ride.
In the long run we would have paid a little extra money and just stayed at Montego Bay. There is just way more to do there (water sports, entertainment, multiple bars, multiple restaurants, a private beach) and more people to interact with. Because we would be in a conversation with some people and then had to leave to get the bus which only came every hour and would stop running for 2 hours at lunch and dinner time.
Also if you are older, say in you 50s and above, I would recommend staying at the Royal. Its quite and very pretty. Its the more laid back resort, but still offers everything that Montego has. Montego is like the party one with drinking games and loud music during the day.
All in all Sandals is a great place, the staff at all of the resorts are really nice and welcoming. I would definitely go back to a sandals resort.
Oh one more thing, never pay full price! There are always deals going on for sandals. We went from paying almost $7,000 to just a little over $2,000 with air included for 5 days. Just ask about the deals and if they say there aren't any, just hang up and wait for that email to come like a day later haha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay