We've just returned from a great two weeks stay at Sandals Carlyle Inn (Jan 21-Feb 4) and had a wonderful time. We had stayed there last year for one week and loved it so much we booked again for this year.
The people were all fabulous as always. We were treated very well by all staff. We want to say hello to Cheryl, Lisa, both Paul's, Richards, Wolfe, Crazy Ray, Elvis, Omar, Shorty, and especially Andrew. The food and service at both restaurants (Carlyle & Bay Window) was great.
If you're looking for a resort right on the beach then this would probably not be your first choice as this resort only has a small public beach across the street. By the way at night the street can get fairly noisy. This year I happen to have a pair of ear plugs which helped reduce the noise.
There are free shuttles which run hourly to take you to the other two Sandals properties in Montego Bay which are both beach front properties. You can use all of the restaurants within the three Sandals resorts in Montego Bay. Based on our opinion the top five restaurants were the Carlyle & Bay Window located at Sandals Carlyle Inn, Le Jardinier located at Sandals Royal Caribbean, Orleander and Cucimana at Sandals Montego Bay.
Before we end our review we just wanted to say we had a great time with all the returning guests and hopefully we'll get to see you guys next year.
In summary if you want a small resort with great service, great food and are prepared to take a shuttle to get to the beach then this resort would be for you.
Would we go back again - absolutely. We're going for another 3 days at the end of March 2010.
Steve & Ginette
Halifax, NS Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay