This was our 5th stay at a Sandals. I had personally stayed at this Inn in 1978 so I knew that it was a small quaint place. However, since then, the beach has changed and so has the road. Since it is now a "dead-end" road there was a lot of racing at all hours of the night. Cars go by with radios blarring and bass so loud that car alarms go off. I actually read this in someone elses review before we left and didn't really understand about the car alarm thing...well now I do. My husband can pretty well sleep through anything, but he too was bothered by the noise. Even with earplugs, I would possibly sleep between 3 a.m. when the partying would stop to about 5:30 a.m. when the locals would start coming by the beach to bathe, do laundry, etc. Our room was also located directly across from the open gym so we also had the ``die hard``athletes who were true to their fitness regime and worked out diligently EVERY morning. The sound of the machines and the loud talking to one another over the TV volume made it very difficult to get any sleep.
Thank goodness for the great staff who made you feel like family and prevented this from being the worst holiday ever. Also, the food is excellent no matter where you dined. The fact that you can easily go to any of the other resorts really helped to make our trip. Even the shuttle drivers got to know us by name. I would love to post pictures of our trip but unfortunately we hardly had any sun during the trip. We had two days of ``cloud with sunny periods``, the rest of the time was cloudy. We even had rain twice. We were very fortunate to also meet some great couples at the Carlyle. There are always others that could ruin your trip with their behaviour but they were the minority. I enjoyed the resort but could not say that I would stay there again because I`m still trying to catch up on the lost sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay