The Wexford Hotel
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$488
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$517
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$221
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$336
  • Pool
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$281
  • Pool
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$542
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$1,666
US$1,584
Hotels.com
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$267
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$458
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Right from the start it was bad. I called six hours a head of time and asked them to send me a cab to pick me up, they said they would but didn't, that cost me $15. The first night was so bad and my disappointment in the quality and appearance and local of the hotel I just wanted to leave. I asked to cancel and refund me the remaining three days that I had purchased online through Hotels.com, but they would not since the reservation had been done through a third party. Crap, I was stuck there. I asked for a wake up call to catch my plane on the fourth day.. never got it, almost missed my plane. The give a complimentary breakfast, its ok.. don't try the Jamaican dishes, go with scrambled eggs, their fish still had the bones in them and the Jamaican food gave me diarrhea. In my room.. all tile, half the lights were missing.. I mean the wires were hanging out of the walls, and I had to kill two lizards that were clinging to the walls which was enough to keep me from sleeping well. And my room was four stories high with no elevator to get to it, so if you have a bad heart, knees, hips, etc.. don't do this hotel. Also, I was there for four days.. I saw only one other white person during that whole time, as a result I was treated as a misplaced dog that they just hoped would go away eventually. There was a taxi driver that worked at the hotel named Mark, he was nice. By American standards this place is a dump, by Jamaican standards this place is above average. If like classy go stay at the Carlton. If you want the real Jamaica, the poor Jamaica, the Hussle you Jamaica, the we really don't want you here in our black Jamaican hotel if you are white, then stay at the Wexford.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the street as you can and the closer to the pool the better, that way you are away from the VERY noisy club that is located to the right of the hotel (right, when you are facing the hotel).. this club closes at 4am, until then you will not get much sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MBartonUSA
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Due to being bumped off our flight, we stayed at the Wexford for 1 night in May. We checked out a few other hotels along that strip and decided to check-in at the Wexford, since it was only for a night. Now, that I'm looking at the ads for this hotel, it is definitely deceiving. Our room had a busted safe, so I had to walk around that night with passports, extra money, etc. For the money we spent, we could have got a better room with a working safe, though I may have kept my valuables with me anyway. The room was definitely outdated. I was looking for a clean bed, working a/c and tv and internet access. The "free" unlimited access to a computer was what sealed the deal, in staying here and a breakfast voucher was included. The staff, that we saw were very nice to us, so I have nothing negative to say about them.
The hotel is close to nightly entertainment, like Margaritaville and you have to check out Rum Jungle that's across the street, we almost missed this place, it had a casino and nightly entertainment, I'd definitely check this place out again. So, as I said our one night at the Wexford, could have been worse and we did see worse along the way. We had made up our mind, if by chance we got stuck another night, we would have checked out another hotel. If they are indeed renovating, it might be a little appealing, because the internet pictures of the hotel are nothing like the real deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

As others write, the picture is extremely flattering. The hotel is shabby, the rooms likewise, and the service not good. Not much more to say really - would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 19 May 2012

For an unplanned weekend trip the staff was quite accomodating and friendly. The hotel is dated but not horrible. It could use some sprucing up. Our bed was quite comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. The restaurant buffet had a good mixed variety of Jamaican and American foods and fruit. We had access to the beach right across the street. And the hotel is right on the strip surrounded by many other restaurants if you don't want to eat at the hotel's restaurant. We had a room to the front of the building and I guess we lucked out; it wasn't noisy at all. Oh yeah, we called down and requested an iron and before we could hang the phone up they were knocking at our door! The staff really made an effort to meet our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudine S
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The service was about the only good part of the hotel. I spent one very long and fitful night there - it is loud (the windows let in lots of noise), the halls reek of smoke, the room was dingy and shabby. This thing makes a Motel 6 look like a five-star. It looks as though they might be renovating, but so far all I see is (relatively) new tile everywhere. The room safe is small and creaky, with an old-fashioned lock that looks easy to pick. The door was hollow and the lock was very flimsy. The bed was firm (to the point of being uncomfortable). I had to pull up the sheets to make sure there were no bedbugs (fortunately there weren't), but the mattress was very dingy. The fixtures in the room were rusty and dirty. Television reception was bad. And then there was Michael, an old guy who was very eager to get me all the drugs and/or hookers I could desire. Very pushy fellow hanging out at the hotel entrance scoping out the people who check in. I would suggest that you do not leave anything of value in the room. And the rate that I got (through Egencia) was a rip-off, even the rack rate posted in the lobby was much less expensive.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business