“excellent spicy jerk chicken (and other good food)”
Review of Scotchies

Scotchies
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were surprised to find that Scotchies was just up the street from our hotel Sunspree Holiday Inn in Montego Bay. It took about 5 minutes to walk to. We had seen it on a "Live at Daryl's (Hall) House" webcast (episode 29 in Jamaica) so we wanted to try it out. We had the chicken which was spicy delicious. The food is cooked on a BBQ wood branches. Lots on the menu - jerk sausage, pork (see the menu & bbq on live at daryls Intro to Say it Isnt So). The eating area is really cozy and tropical. Definitely worth the trip if you're in Montego Bay - an island classic!

1  Thank Catie4
There are newer reviews for Scotchies

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I really had high hopes for Scotchies. I read the tripadviors' reviews and was really excited. This was our last stop of our Montego Bay City Tour (Reggae Tours). My mom, our driver/tour guide from Reggae Tours, and I ate here for about $20. Cheap, huh?!?! Each of us ordered jerk chicken, a side and a beverage.

This place is clearly a tourist trap. I can now say that I've eaten here. I can also say that I have no desire to eat here again.

1  Thank MsTab
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Enjoy the best of Jamaican style jerk cuisine. Not within walking distance however, but worth the trip.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place is great. Better than expected. The service was quick, the food was hot and good. It's amazing to see how that chicken was cooked with such natural tools and cooking techniques.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is by far the BEST food i had during my stay. Very nice people. Great jerk pork and chicken. Cold beer. Very affordable. You must go here.