“mouthwatering”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food & atmosphere here are both outstanding, it's very busy but this is just a sign of how good the food is and its great value for money.

1  Thank EastLondonDawn
There are newer reviews for Scotchies

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Best chicken I've ever eaten!!!! Amazing! The bartenders are friendly and attentive. The drinks are inexpensive (compared to island prices). The fried plantains are AWESOME...if you get there before they run out! I didn't try the pork, but my friends say it was amazing. The beans and rice were dry, so I'd avoid those. The mosquitos will eat you alive in Jamaica, so make sure you have bug spray!

2  Thank SarahOkie
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a must visit when In Jamaica! They also sold us a bottle of their jerk sauce they serve on the table! Super hot and delicious! The sausage was a bit weird but the pork, chicken, and fish were amazing. The pork was my favorite. The rice and peas were also good.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food here is very good. I had the chicken, pork and sausage. There is also a nice selection of side dishes.

Very reasonable prices. And a full bar.
Nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Zoes1Mom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When we arrived in Jamaica, we were told to try Scotchies restaurant, as it was the best jerk chicken on the island. That is an understatement! This is the best place to experience true local food. The service was great, and the prices were great. Two people could eat here with drinks for under $20.00. We sat at the bar with the locals, and were treated as friends. We had the jerk chicken, and it was amazing!! The hot sauce adds a great personal touch. It's truly the best jerk chicken around. I highly suggest anyone to try this place out. The atmosphere is truly unique. I will definitely return here again, when I return to Jamaica!

1  Thank Beth A