“Lovely relaxing day”

US$130.00*
Martha Brae Rafting and Luminous Lagoon Tour
Ranked #3 of 74 things to do in Montego Bay
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The only thing I didnt like was your guide who takes you down the river wants you to buy his carvings which really are not that good at extortionate prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our first mistake was booking this tour through our hotel. They charged $200 for me and my husband and it was not worth it. Its more of a $50 trip! If you want to go, I recommend getting a driver for wayyyyy cheaper and going on your own. When we got to the river, our raft driver didn't explain or talk to us the whole hour. I asked a few questions because I wanted to learn about the culture, history, and land, but he acted like he didn't understand me! The only time he spoke was at the end of the ride to ask us to purchase his coconut shell cups for $25 each! um....maybe you should have been nicer MON. We tipped the guy $15 and he kind of made us feel bad saying everyone buys a cup too....really? Also, I think i got bitten at least a hundred times by mosquitos (and i was wearing repellent!). But if you want a quiet, beautiful, romantic ride with your significant other....this is for you. But don't pay an arm and a leg for it like us :) Get a driver and go straight there and pay the raft drivers yourself.

5  Thank Monapoly223
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This tour is located in the hills above Falmouth about 30 miles east of Montego Bay. On reaching Falmouth you drive about five miles up into the hills on a country road to the launch site of the bamboo raft which will take you on the river down hill to it's terminus. It is a scenic nature filled trip and a great way to spend half a day. On arrival at the halt staff are there to take you back to your car. If you can try to fit in a trip to the Outameini experience which is also close to Falmouth.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is must if you're in the area..An hour of so just rafting down the River is so relaxing and tranquil..when you get done, you will definitely feel all your worries gone. I can't wait to do it again.

1  Thank Monica P
Reviewed 20 November 2013

You raft down the river on bamboo rafts. The ride is quiet and tranquil .it lasts about seventy five minutes. The raft is guided by a raft captain who punts the raft like a gondolier. We had captain Murphy a real character